The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,906
How often do you play mobile games?

As we all know by now, the mobile gaming market has been getting bigger in the last few years. Long are gone the days where the most groundbreaking game you could play on your mobile phone was Snake.

I must say, I haven't done much mobile gaming myself. The popular free ones such as Flappy Bird, Fruit Ninja, Sudoku mobile, etc. are useful if you have 8 mins to spare while waiting in line at the supermarket or if you're at the bus stop or waiting for the train at the tube/subway/metro; but that's it. I end up getting bored of them in days or so. And phone space is needed. I've also never paid for a microtransaction in a mobile game nor have I bought any mobile game.

I've tried the mobile version of the first ever Sonic game. It's not bad but I can't really get used to the touchscreen controls. I'd rather play it with an actual controller.

The two mobile games I've dedicated the most time to were New Soccer Star and a mobile version of Sim City. They've made some boring uni lectures much more bearable. But eventually I stopped playing them and realised "boy that was a waste of time".

What about you? And feel free to tell me about good mobile games I'm missing on. Please no pay-to-win games or games that are free to play but pay to win. Thanks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,533
Never. I have a ton of other games to play.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 2,034
The only mobile games I play are the 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon games on the MyOldBoy emulator for Android.

I only heard of it recently, but the moment I tried it, I was hooked. It feels just like a Gameboy, right down to having link cable support, a Gameboy like layout and even Gameboy printer support.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #4
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The only mobile games I play are the 1st and 2nd Gen Pokemon games on the MyOldBoy emulator for Android.

I only heard of it recently, but the moment I tried it, I was hooked. It feels just like a Gameboy, right down to having link cable support, a Gameboy like layout and even Gameboy printer support.
Oh emulators? I mostly did that on my first ever smartphone back in 2012-2013. I got an Atari 2600, SNES and NES emulator for it. I remember that one time having to wait 2 hours for my group to show up at the spot we had agreed to meet at. You know what I did for those two hours under a bus stop and rainy weather? I beat Turtles in Time a couple of times on my Samsung Galaxy Ace.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,693
I played both Ingress and Pokemon Go! for a while, but quit mostly cold turkey in July of 2016 when I dropped my phone on vacation.

Never quite got back into the habit after that.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #6
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I played both Ingress and Pokemon Go! for a while, but quit mostly cold turkey in July of 2016 when I dropped my phone on vacation.

Never quite got back into the habit after that.
I've never bothered with Pokémon Go. I can see the appeal if you're not someone who owns the latest Nintendo handhelds and hasn't played Pokémon since the 2nd gen, but if you own the latest pokémon games and Nintendo handhelds, it's preferable just to play the actual games. Are people still playing Pokémon Go anyway?

Ingress? I googled it... so is that where Pokémon Go got their idea?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 2,034
I am huge fan of all Pokemon, and tried to get into Pokemon Go, but just couldn't really come to love it like the Originals.

Give me the original games anyday, even on an emulator.

But I do Intend to try Pokemon Go sometime again in the future, when people might start looking back on it with nostalgia. I do appreciate that they're sticking to the Original 251, making Catching em all a realistic task for now.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #8
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,176
Everyday. I don't really play my console much these days.
Dokkan Battle, global and jp version
power rangers legacy wars..as much as it pisses me off
marvel contest of champions
pokemon go a little bit
some wwe game that I can't get anywhere in
8 ball pool
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 1,793
I maybe try a free app once a year. Maybe. But I just can't get into them and I quickly delete the app. I need a controller and buttons and stuff. MarioKart on my 3DXL is fun but nothing compares to an actual console with a controller and TV, especially not mobile. But it's just my personal opinion and preference of course. I tried Doom on a computer back in 1997 I think it was. Couldn't get into using a computer for games either.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:00 PM   #10
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I've never bothered with Pokémon Go. I can see the appeal if you're not someone who owns the latest Nintendo handhelds and hasn't played Pokémon since the 2nd gen, but if you own the latest pokémon games and Nintendo handhelds, it's preferable just to play the actual games. Are people still playing Pokémon Go anyway?

Ingress? I googled it... so is that where Pokémon Go got their idea?
They're made by the same company, and used the same user-constructed landmarks for the locations of gyms and pokestops and the like.

Pokemon Go was the first Poke-game I'd ever played.
I liked it, but...only really the walking around and collecting stuff part of it.
The fighting just wasn't as fun for me as Ingress was.

The best was the day I realized the woman sitting in front of me on the bus was on the other Ingress team, and every time she blew something up I tried to reclaim it for my team....to a varying level of success.

I can imagine someone not as reliant on public transportation and/or biking might not get as big a kick out of these games as I did.
They're far more entertaining when you don't commute by car.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.