The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #81
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Likewise.

Can someone give me an exact episode list for each disc given one of the duplicates was allegedly removed? If I can get that I will flex my graphic design skills to make us an insert for inside the DVD to let you know what eps are on what discs and such. You could then get it printed up at Walgreens or something.
Disc 1:
Beneath these streets
Turtles on trial
Attack of the 50 foot irma
Skyturtles
The maltese hamster
The old switcheroo
Burnes blues
The fifth turtle
Enter the rat king
Turtles at the earths core
April fool
Attack of the big macc

Disc 2
The ninja sword of nowhere
20,000 leaks under the sea
Take me to your leader
Four musketurtles
Turtles, turtles, everywhere
Cowabunga shredhead
Invasion of the turtles snatchers
Camera bugged
Green with jealousy
Return of the fly
Casey jones outlaw hero
Mutagen monster

Disc 3
Corporate raiders from dimension x
Pizza by the shred
Super bebop and mighty rocksteady
Beware the lotus
Blast from the past
Leatherhead!terror of the swamp
Michaelangelos birthday
Usagi yojimbo
Case of the hot kimono
Usagi come home
The making of metalhead
Leatherhead meets the ratking

Disc 4
The turtle terminator
The great boldini
The missing map
The gangs all here
The grybyx
Mister ogg goes to town
Shredderville
Bye bye fly
The big rip off
The big break in
The big blow out
Plan six from outer space.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #82
Powder
Endless Screw
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 24,914
Thanks! I'll see what I can whip up and post before Monday!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #83
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Just bought mine. My first animated series purchase haha Haven't seen these since I was a kid.
Instant nostalgia as soon as the opening started. Awesome.
Really old previews before the menu though.

I'm curious what are the Season 1 and 2 sets that match this one?
'cus I seen a ton of the shows DVDs but I never kept track of what was where... they seemed like partial seasons and collections. Some had sculpted faces on the cases, some came with toys and looked like pizza boxes and etc (I know there was a set cut as "4 slices" that came with toys and together made a season, or something).

It's a lot to track and organize though so I never have because I don't know where to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Thanks! I'll see what I can whip up and post before Monday!
That's awesome man!
I would love to supply art for the inserts but my work station is still not with me.
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #84
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 769
I had that same problem Floggin, which is why it took me forever to start picking up the series. The divisions they did for the releases are/were kinda weird and hard to keep track of. It's a little simpler with the addition of this set though.

'Volume 1' is 'Season 1', which is the original 5-episode 'mini-series' that started it all. 'Volume 2' (which I myself just ordered) is 'Season 2', which is the next 13 episodes from there. You already got Season 3. So from there, everything else you'd need to get, you can just get in Season set form, as you won't need any more fo the single volumes - that is, unless you really wanted those little toys that the split version of Season 7 came with or something.

If you're not adverse to ordering online, Wal-mart.com has all of the sets for pretty cheap, I think the most expensive one was $20, but most are in the $10-ish range. And you can even order without a card now, you just have to go pay in the store to process the order, and it'll then be shipped to the store for you to pick up. It's hella nifty.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #85
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Just bought mine. My first animated series purchase haha Haven't seen these since I was a kid.
Instant nostalgia as soon as the opening started. Awesome.
Really old previews before the menu though.

I'm curious what are the Season 1 and 2 sets that match this one?
'cus I seen a ton of the shows DVDs but I never kept track of what was where... they seemed like partial seasons and collections. Some had sculpted faces on the cases, some came with toys and looked like pizza boxes and etc (I know there was a set cut as "4 slices" that came with toys and together made a season, or something).

It's a lot to track and organize though so I never have because I don't know where to start.


.

in order of seasons from left to right.
1,2,3,4(raph face)5,(pizza box)6(comic bookish cover)

Note. Season 7 also has individual releases called slices with the turtles name.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0802.jpg (87.0 KB, 21 views)
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.

Last edited by rufus; 07-12-2013 at 02:55 PM.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #86
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I had that same problem Floggin, which is why it took me forever to start picking up the series. The divisions they did for the releases are/were kinda weird and hard to keep track of. It's a little simpler with the addition of this set though.

'Volume 1' is 'Season 1', which is the original 5-episode 'mini-series' that started it all. 'Volume 2' (which I myself just ordered) is 'Season 2', which is the next 13 episodes from there. You already got Season 3. So from there, everything else you'd need to get, you can just get in Season set form, as you won't need any more fo the single volumes - that is, unless you really wanted those little toys that the split version of Season 7 came with or something.

If you're not adverse to ordering online, Wal-mart.com has all of the sets for pretty cheap, I think the most expensive one was $20, but most are in the $10-ish range. And you can even order without a card now, you just have to go pay in the store to process the order, and it'll then be shipped to the store for you to pick up. It's hella nifty.
Cool. I seen the first set, that came out ages ago.
The 2nd set has Leo and Mike on it then? There wasn't a re-release or anything before "Season 3" with the "Season 2" name and different art or anything? Because the following "Volume 3" that matches the 2nd set as far as art goes is only another 12 episode set as opposed to the current and superior complete 47 episode collection.

And then they will continue to release these season sets onward?
Man... I if had the $100+ for that Turtle Van collection...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
in order of seasons from left to right.
1,2,3,4(raph face)5,(pizza box)6(comic bookish cover)

Note. Season 7 also has individual releases called slices with the turtles name.
Cool. Thanks for the pics! That helps.
These are all complete seasons then?
That's what was getting me confused. Recycled art and cutting the seasons up and then putting them together, etc.
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #87
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Just bought mine. My first animated series purchase haha Haven't seen these since I was a kid.
Instant nostalgia as soon as the opening started. Awesome.
Really old previews before the menu though.

I'm curious what are the Season 1 and 2 sets that match this one?
'cus I seen a ton of the shows DVDs but I never kept track of what was where... they seemed like partial seasons and collections. Some had sculpted faces on the cases, some came with toys and looked like pizza boxes and etc (I know there was a set cut as "4 slices" that came with toys and together made a season, or something).

It's a lot to track and organize though so I never have because I don't know where to start.



That's awesome man!
I would love to supply art for the inserts but my work station is still not with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Cool. I seen the first set, that came out ages ago.
The 2nd set has Leo and Mike on it then? There wasn't a re-release or anything before "Season 3" with the "Season 2" name and different art or anything? Because the following "Volume 3" that matches the 2nd set as far as art goes is only another 12 episode set as opposed to the current and superior complete 47 episode collection.

And then they will continue to release these season sets onward?
Man... I if had the $100+ for that Turtle Van collection...



Cool. Thanks for the pics! That helps.
These are all complete seasons then?
That's what was getting me confused. Recycled art and cutting the seasons up and then putting them together, etc.
they are all complete seasons.
If you see tmnt dds that say vol 3,4,5,6 and have the same art style as vol 2, those are the old single releases of what is season 3. Season 2(known as vol 2) only has one release. hope I didn't make that sound confusing.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,396
I'm surprised you guys haven't been getting them as they went along. I marathoned the show 10 times through the DVDs already, and that's all 193 episodes.

The show is meant to be rewatched non-stop.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #89
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 769
I wasn't back into TMNT full force as they came out, and may have been busy buying other shows at the time anyway. When did these first start slowly trickling out? If it was anything like 2007-2009, I was probably too focused on picking up the Dragon Ball/Z/GT season sets.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
I wasn't back into TMNT full force as they came out, and may have been busy buying other shows at the time anyway. When did these first start slowly trickling out? If it was anything like 2007-2009, I was probably too focused on picking up the Dragon Ball/Z/GT season sets.
Season 1 came out back in 2004. They started when the second season of the 4kids show was airing. It's been nearly a decade since these sets began.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #91
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Season 1 came out back in 2004. They started when the second season of the 4kids show was airing. It's been nearly a decade since these sets began.
Ahhh, then at that point, I probably just didn't have near as much money to spend. I didn't graduate high school until 2007, so in 2004, I was in...9th grade. I may not have even started my job yet by then...and I was definitely not quite back into TMNT as heavily yet. So yeah, that'd be why I wasn't nabbing them as they came out.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #92
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The show is meant to be rewatched non-stop.
That's quite some enthusiasm you got there.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #93
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,717
I was gonna say, "I love the enthusiasm, but I can't handle that show in a marathon run."

Much love to those who can, it's just usually by the time I get done with one season at a time, I need a palate cleanser. I'm like that with almost every show I love, though. A whole season of ANY show is a lot to take in, let alone one as balls-out goofy as the original TMNT. I can't watch more than one season of the newer shows at a time either, though.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #94
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,396
I rewatch the entire OT around every 2 years. Its much easier now that the DVD sets are complete.

Even just watching 3 episodes a day only takes 66 minutes, so you can speed through the series in no time flat.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #95
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,717
Awesome. I work a lot, and sleep a lot, so I'm only home and awake for a couple hours a day, and my wife gets final say over what we watch. And she LOVES the OT, and pretty much every TMNT incarnation (she actually did not even entirely hate Venus, seriously). But an hour or so a day for a week or two straight would pretty much not happen.

We do try it with lots of shows, but we rarely stick it out. Probably because we have too many shows on DVD to watch as it is and are easily distracted. Every time we come home with a new one, the temptation is there to abandon whatever we last had in the DVD player and watch the shiny new thing we just paid for, even if we fully intend to go back to the other show in a day or two. Just never really happens. She still hasn't seen how the original Thundercats ended and we've had that set for over ten years.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #96
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
She still hasn't seen how the original Thundercats ended and we've had that set for over ten years.
Keep it that way. It was nearly as bad as how the new Tcats ended.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #97
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,717

C'mooooooooon maaaaaaaaaaan, it wasn't THAT bad.

Nah seriously, if we made it through "New Adventures of He-Man" then we absolutely have to finish Thundercats. That'd just be f*cking wrong.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.