The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #101
Nothing Amazing
Mouser

I made an account just to say. Shut up and take my money!!! I almost bought the 11' inch battle shell figures. Not going to anymore. Can't wait for these.
Nothing Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #102
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

For those not willing to pay for these I say: go ahead and enjoy playmates toys quality. For those buying the Revoltech I say: welcome to the big leagues of collecting. You'll find that higher end figures bring more satisfaction and are well worth the investment (resale wise).
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #103
nevermore
Foot Soldier

I will purchase a set, these will be the definitive figures for the new cartoon. I would imagine these will be in made in far limited quantity than the Playmates, making them that much rarer, and worth the price on that factor alone. The look, the accessories, and the interchangeable parts are all bonus.

Does Revoltech do convention exclusives? Release date is around October if I remember reading correctly above, that would make it around NYCC. Would be really cool to have an exclusive like they did with the NECA boxed set.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #104
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
For those not willing to pay for these I say: go ahead and enjoy playmates toys quality. For those buying the Revoltech I say: welcome to the big leagues of collecting. You'll find that higher end figures bring more satisfaction and are well worth the investment (resale wise).
Higher end action figures are great for what they are. And I will certainly be getting these. But there are certainly advantages to lower cost figures as well. In particular, while I do expect the Revoltech Turtles to be really nice, it is unlikely that we will ever see anything beyond just the Turtles. Unless the show is a run away hit in Japan, we will certainly never see even the range of characters that Playmates produced in just the first one or two series of basic figures. Fortunately there is a market for both lines.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #105
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Does Revoltech do convention exclusives? Release date is around October if I remember reading correctly above, that would make it around NYCC. Would be really cool to have an exclusive like they did with the NECA boxed set.
These won't be sold in the US outside of import shops. So any exclusives would be for the Japanese market. Though that certainly isn't out of the question.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #106
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
These won't be sold in the US outside of import shops. So any exclusives would be for the Japanese market. Though that certainly isn't out of the question.
Exactly, these are not released in the US, unless imported, so i wouldn't get your hopes up for an America Release

will you be able to find these at a con? sure at a booth of someone who brought them to sell with a huge mark up but it wont be a retailer

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:48 PM   #107
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Unless the show is a run away hit in Japan, we will certainly never see even the range of characters that Playmates produced in just the first one or two series of basic figures. Fortunately there is a market for both lines.
I hope they at least do Splinter, April, Shredder, Karai, Fishface and Rahzar. That is like the core group and it would be cool to get all of those in Revoltech quality. I know with Transformers they did the core characters for both sides so I'll be surprised if they don't do it for the Turtles. Plus they did it for several lines of Transformers (Bayformers, G1) so they might do it for other lines of Turtles too.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #108
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

i wouldnt use Trasformers as a comparasion even they had a limited Release of Characters,

Prime (g1)
Prime (Movie)
Jet Wing Prime(movie)
Megatron (g1)
Starscream (g1)
Rodimus Prime (g1)
Bumblebee (movie)

they released Ultra Magnus but it was only a repaint of G1 Prime so in reality only 4 G1 and 3 Movie guys

and from amazon prices you can tell most didnt really sell, they usually release only guys they KNOW will sell

Old 04-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #109
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I hope they at least do Splinter, April, Shredder, Karai, Fishface and Rahzar. That is like the core group and it would be cool to get all of those in Revoltech quality. I know with Transformers they did the core characters for both sides so I'll be surprised if they don't do it for the Turtles. Plus they did it for several lines of Transformers (Bayformers, G1) so they might do it for other lines of Turtles too.
You really can't compare the popularity of Transformer to TMNT, especially not in Japan. Transformers is even more popular there then here. It has been running constantly since 1985 there. Even when it's popularity in the US dropped off, they continued to produce their own cartoons and toys. And despite all of that, the Transformers property still has only gotten a few Revoltech releases.

By comparison the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have never really been all that popular there. They had a few lines in the 90's and when it relaunched in 2003, but both died off fairly quickly from what I've seen. The chances of it going beyond just the Turtles is extremely slim.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:34 AM   #110
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Amazing View Post
I made an account just to say. Shut up and take my money!!! I almost bought the 11' inch battle shell figures. Not going to anymore. Can't wait for these.
LOL funny post man welcome to the forum

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #111
nevermore
Foot Soldier

At least now that TMNT is again in the forefront with the show and movie, I hope we see some other higher-end companies such as Revoltech, Sideshow, NECA obtain the license and make such quality figures. There are endless possibilities.

I don't care too much about Shredder, Spinter, and the ancillary characters but I would like to see definitive figures from the original cartoon and movies. The Classic Collection doesn't do it for me. The Sideshow statues were also nice but were a totally new design.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #112
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Any news on when the pre-orders will be available?
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #113
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
someone said release date is october,my guess would be preorders will maybe appear end of June/ start of July

Old 04-10-2014, 02:34 AM   #114
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
It could be at any time really. Sometimes pre-orders start a couple months before release, sometimes it could be 4 or 5 months, I don't know how they decide these things. It seems like the more popular a franchise is, the earlier pre-orders start... but that's just a guess.

I am checking amiami.com twice a day (during Japanese daylight hours), I don't think they will be popular enough to sell out on the first day... but I'd hate to be wrong.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:01 AM   #115
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
someone said release date is october,my guess would be preorders will maybe appear end of June/ start of July
Pretty sure i said September, not October lol
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #116
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
It could be at any time really. Sometimes pre-orders start a couple months before release, sometimes it could be 4 or 5 months, I don't know how they decide these things. It seems like the more popular a franchise is, the earlier pre-orders start... but that's just a guess.

I am checking amiami.com twice a day (during Japanese daylight hours), I don't think they will be popular enough to sell out on the first day... but I'd hate to be wrong.
Whenever you do come across it, please let us know!
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #117
Heather Breckel
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Nah, TMNT wouldn't sell out right away on Amiami. The only stuff I see sell out within the first hour/day is Levi from Attack on Titan merchandise.
Heather Breckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #118
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

So where will these be sold?

I really want to get them, but i'm not sure if my wallet can cope with it.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #119
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Figures like this need to be ordered online (imported from Asia) typically. Sometimes you'll find figures like these in places like Gamestop. A lot of malls will have Asian specialty stores that typically sell things like bootleg dvd's and imported toys. Unless you have stores like that your best bet is going to be finding them online. I believe ToysRUs sells 'some' Asian imported things in their 'adult collector' section, but usually their selection isn't that great and I don't remember seeing Revoltech stuff in there (though I could be wrong).

Keep checking here and wait for someone to post them being pre-ordered from a reputable site.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #120
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Pretty sure i said September, not October lol
someone else said october im gonna be honest i just looked for the first month someone mentioned and ran with it

Tags
japan