The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #1921
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traximus View Post
Does anyone know when they pushed the 2014 Annual back to?
According to Bobby Curnow (the editor):

Quote:
Kevin is really close to being done on the Annual, a week or two I think. That would put it out in mid-August, fingers crossed.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #1922
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traximus View Post
Does anyone know when they pushed the 2014 Annual back to?
Other than the above ^^...all I know right now is that it is TBD. Diamond has it listed as Dec. 31, 2014. However, that just basically means they don't have any idea yet when it will be released. Diamond does this frequently with delayed books...they use the last Wed. of either June or Dec. as their "holding" dates.

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #1923
playmate
Foot Soldier

IDW TMNT #35 RE Kevin Eastman Fan Club

Cowabunga!
As a Kevin Eastman Fan-atic, I would love to learn more of this Variant...at this point, I thank Rich and his Turtley AWESOME blog for letting me know this does/will exist, but I would love more details please
playmate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #1924
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
Cowabunga!
As a Kevin Eastman Fan-atic, I would love to learn more of this Variant...at this point, I thank Rich and his Turtley AWESOME blog for letting me know this does/will exist, but I would love more details please
I've been trying to get more info. on the #35 KE Fan Club edition for a while now. As I know more I'll be sure to update the post for #35 on my blog. Sorry I don't have more for info. at the moment.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #1925
Mayhem
Foot Elite

The preview to #35 actually has 2014 Eastman Fan Club SDCC underneath the cover scan on the inside page, so it may well be sold at SDCC first.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #1926
playmate
Foot Soldier

Thank you

Mayhem and rich; thank you, my fellow Dromers.
And rich...
your blog is 100% epic; I'd be lost without it. Please keep doing what you do, because it is unparalleled
playmate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:58 PM   #1927
Traximus
Banned

Thanks guys
Traximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #1928
rich
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
The preview to #35 actually has 2014 Eastman Fan Club SDCC underneath the cover scan on the inside page, so it may well be sold at SDCC first.
Great info. Mayhem. Thanks for the notice on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
And rich...
your blog is 100% epic; I'd be lost without it. Please keep doing what you do, because it is unparalleled
Thanks. Appreciate the compliments. I don't have any plans to stop.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #1929
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

What are the plans for Baxter Stockman in the IDW comic? What is the fan speculation that he will eventually be turned into? A fly? A cybernetic thing? Nothing? When might Baxter get a change?

Just wondering!
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:27 PM   #1930
Werecat
Hench Mutant

How is the comic treating the other turtles, besides Leonardo?

Is Leonardo a Mary Sue? From what I have seen all the signs point to yes, it is just a guess though.

I only have the first issues so my knowledge of the comic is very low. So this thread seems like a good place to get an opinion on how well the series is doing so far.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:47 PM   #1931
Powder
So tired of this place

Which comic, the IDW series? I don't see why anyone would think Leonardo is a Mary-Sue. As for it's treatment of the characters, it depends who's writing. In the earlier books I think they were way too pigeon-holed/Fred Wolfy, but they've gotten to be more well rounded over time.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #1932
Werecat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Which comic, the IDW series? I don't see why anyone would think Leonardo is a Mary-Sue. As for it's treatment of the characters, it depends who's writing. In the earlier books I think they were way too pigeon-holed/Fred Wolfy, but they've gotten to be more well rounded over time.
Yes, the IDW series.

I mention that Leo is a Mary sue because;
-Shredder seems to be obsessed with him
-Leonardo is easily promoted to Shredder's second in command.
-All the turtles are thinking of Leo and are worried for him.
-Seems like Leo, the Shredder, and the Foot easily overpower Raph, Mikey, Don, and Splinter.
-Leo is the only possible savior.

Those are my guesses. Remember, that I did not read it and only going by info from reviews and summaries of Cityfall. That is why I asked for someone's opinion of how well the IDW series is doing so far when it comes to equality in character progression.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #1933
Powder
So tired of this place

Shredder's "obsession", the promotion, it's part of his plan. The turtles are worried because their friggin' brother became a bad guy. That's a game changer. The family is easily beaten because they are emotional, & as it's said in the story, they hold back because they don't want to hurt or kill their brother. I don't understand your savior comment. As far as progression is concerned on a whole, it's lacking. The pacing jumps around far too much (or at least, it does a lot, in various points of the series- It improves after City Fall as there is "down time" with the family which allows for growth). In order to give EVERYONE screen time, development suffered at times. I think it's gotten better though. Each arc seems to give a certain turtle some shine, & they also had their own micro-series issues to make sure they got time in the spotlight.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #1934
Werecat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Shredder's "obsession", the promotion, it's part of his plan. The turtles are worried because their friggin' brother became a bad guy. That's a game changer. The family is easily beaten because they are emotional, & as it's said in the story, they hold back because they don't want to hurt or kill their brother. I don't understand your savior comment. As far as progression is concerned on a whole, it's lacking. The pacing jumps around far too much (or at least, it does a lot, in various points of the series- It improves after City Fall as there is "down time" with the family which allows for growth). In order to give EVERYONE screen time, development suffered at times. I think it's gotten better though. Each arc seems to give a certain turtle some shine, & they also had their own micro-series issues to make sure they got time in the spotlight.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. By savior I meant he is the only one capable of saving his brothers when they are about to be beheaded. It just seems to me like the whole plot revolved around Leo and neglected the capabilities of his brothers for the sake of keeping Leo in the spotlight. Ya know, like a Mary Sue. Or Marty Sue if you want to get technical but it is the same thing.

I don't think emotion actually impedes one's own ability to fight competently. Several war veterans and fighters stated that emotion and exhaustion barely had an effect on their accuracy and fighting skills. Seems like IDW has an outdated view on a fighter's mentality and capability.

You did say "...they hold back because they don't want to hurt or kill their brother. " It is understandable that they would hold back when pit against their own brother. I just think the fight could have been written and visualized in a way that does not poorly represent the combat skills of Leo's brothers and sensei. I am aware that Leo's mind is dominated by an evil puppeteer, he is basically manipulated like a puppet. I just think his brothers should have caused an equivalent amount of danger to him.

The combat skills of Leo's brothers either equals his skill or exceeds them. So taking that into consideration Leo & the Foot should have not won the battle. The combined might of Raph, Mikey, Donny, and Splinter is enough to surpass Leo, the Foot, and Shredder. Since the Foot pose little threat and Leo's threat level is lessened by the combined power of his siblings. The Shredder and Splinter are of equal skill. Overall, Splinter and his remaining disciples exceed the capabilities of Leo, Shredder & his army.

Which is why I mention if Leo is actually a Mary Sue because a Mary's Sue's opponents are always portrayed as inferior. Logic breaks and bends to suit him. Leo easily overpowering his siblings even though they match and sometimes exceed his capabilities. His brothers are defeated, restrained, and sentenced to death. Leo is the only one that is able to save them. What about Raph's strength to overpower his captors. Or Donatello's smarts to analyze the situation and formulate a solution. Or Mikey's innate skill to do stuff...Or Splinter's impressive combat skills. None of their skills in anything matter because it is all about Leo and logic will bend in his favor.

Meh, I think I am getting a bit too ranty. Thanks for sharing some info about it. I appreciate it.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #1935
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

An update on the Annual, Bobby reported that Kevin completed it last week and they are shipping it off to the printer. Bobby says it should come out either the same day as Turtles in Time #3 or the week before.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #1936
boywonder26
Hench Mutant

so today I've been rereading through the idw story and I came acros a messup on colors in issue #8 pg 13 on Leo,it's not a huge mistake I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed it..also in the earlyer issues I've noticed what looks like parts of finger prints in the shading,has anyone else noticed this???
boywonder26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:38 PM   #1937
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior

What issue of TMNT Magazine is this Garfield crossover strip from?

EDIT: Never mind, it's from the Winter 1992 issue.

And, again, does anyone know if the Secret of the Ooze magazine included any comics?
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #1938
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
An update on the Annual, Bobby reported that Kevin completed it last week and they are shipping it off to the printer. Bobby says it should come out either the same day as Turtles in Time #3 or the week before.
Update, Bobby said on the IDW Boards that the Annual will hit on august 20th.

Re: Hello from a Turtles Editor.
by Bobby Curnow ยป Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:50 am

Quote:
It's approved to print-- should be in stores August 20th!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #1939
tommyborregas
Random Punk

Lightbulb TMNT #22 RI-B update?

Can somebody please ask Eastman when are the #22 variant drawings going to be completed?
tommyborregas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #1940
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

does anyone know if the upcoming standalone issue #37 has a name? I use the names of the story arcs to create pages on Turtlepedia as its easier for me to remember the events of an issue based on its name, not its issue number
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions