The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #441
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,557
Its also likely because after months of repeats nobody had a clue there was a new episode airing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #442
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its also likely because after months of repeats nobody had a clue there was a new episode airing.
Yeah, there is like no promos for it on Nick, no hype, build up. Nothing. They could have had a marathon leading up to the new episode. But, they didn't.
__________________
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:35 PM   #443
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 770
Why is it that Nick handles the promotion of this series so terribly? All the other awful shows air like 24/7 a day, while Korra and TMNT are struggling to get at-least one airtime slot on the main network. Are there even any commercials for the show anymore? I haven't been following Nickelodeon in a while, so can someone please remind me what is going on?
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:49 PM   #444
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Why is it that Nick handles the promotion of this series so terribly? All the other awful shows air like 24/7 a day, while Korra and TMNT are struggling to get at-least one airtime slot on the main network. Are there even any commercials for the show anymore? I haven't been following Nickelodeon in a while, so can someone please remind me what is going on?
Good question. Seriously, how well is the network doing compared to other networks, and how well is TMNT doing compared to other Nick shows? Either way, I seriously think the top brass needs a major overhaul.
__________________
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #445
drgon78
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,203
Yeah I agree, the brass need to be changed though the people in charge of CN are much worse.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #446
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 653
It has also to do with the fact that most people watched online on nick toon or downloaded from torrent sites and watched it on their pc before it airs on tv.
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #447
neatoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,363
Oh this is how it starts, first they wait until the ratings drop a bit, then they push up the airdates without announcements, then they alter the time slot without announcements, then they start dumping the episodes online early, the next thing you know it's online only and it's soon replaced by a cartoon that's more in line with the movie! I'M NOT CRAZY!!!

No but really, there is a risk might want a show more like the new movie down the line.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #448
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
It's simple: If Nick was concerned about ratings for the show, they wouldn't promote that the new episode is on the website on TV, they wouldn't put the new episodes on the website, or sell the episodes on ITunes, ect.

Their concern level on a scale of 1 to 10 is probably a -53.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #449
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,655
It's sad to see the show fall like this. It's going to be another Korra soon. Just watch.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #450
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
It's sad to see the show fall like this. It's going to be another Korra soon. Just watch.
That's what I'm thinking but we'll see what happens after season 4. On the other hand, the TMNT merchandise seems to be selling really well so it could go on for a while as long as that continues to sell.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #451
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 770
Apparently crappy shows is all that matters to Nick. f*ck that channel and anyone involved with it.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #452
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 31,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
That's what I'm thinking but we'll see what happens after season 4. On the other hand, the TMNT merchandise seems to be selling really well so it could go on for a while as long as that continues to sell.
TMNT has a huge toyline and comic book line, Korra did not. Korra and Avatar were also both planned to be short 60 episode something series in the first place.

Nick TMNT will have 98 episodes by the end of Season 4. They clearly plan this show to go on for over 100+ episodes. I imagine we'll have a similar episode count as the 4kids series did, so around 156 episodes and a movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #453
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Apparently crappy shows is all that matters to Nick. f*ck that channel and anyone involved with it.
That's what I noticed. Anything that takes any effort to make and is actually any good gets sh!t canned.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #454
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
TMNT has a huge toyline and comic book line, Korra did not. Korra and Avatar were also both planned to be short 60 episode something series in the first place.

Nick TMNT will have 98 episodes by the end of Season 4. They clearly plan this show to go on for over 100+ episodes. I imagine we'll have a similar episode count as the 4kids series did, so around 156 episodes and a movie.
But would it kill them to treat TMNT like they treat their precious Sponge Bob?
__________________
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #455
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
But would it kill them to treat TMNT like they treat their precious Sponge Bob?
TMNT is their investment, SpongeBob is their baby.

So...yes it probably would kill them.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #456
neatoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
TMNT is their investment, SpongeBob is their baby.

So...yes it probably would kill them.
But if it's an investment, wouldn't they want to treat TMNT with a lot of care?

If I had to guess on why Nick would kill the show on purpose (which I seriously doubt), it's that I've heard it's cheaper to keep the franchise going with a new show instead of giving the established one more seasons, this part of the reason why Transformers has had nine (yes, nine) cartoons the past twenty years and yet another one coming out next year or why let's say Ben 10 (not a Ben 10 fan by the way) is not even ten years old and is already on it's fourth cartoon.

So yeah, even if they would be trying to kill the cartoon they will never try to kill the franchise.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #457
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 653
The francise will never be killed. Some cartoons will have more episodes tahn others but the francise will stay aive forever.
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #458
neatoman
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
The francise will never be killed. Some cartoons will have more episodes tahn others but the francise will stay aive forever.
I don't know about that either, I'm the first to say that Nick will never try to actually kill the franchise on purpose (maybe certain projects but not the franchise as a whole, that would be dumb) but seems that at some point the franchise will not be deemed profitable anymore and then they would let die.

Then again, TMNT could still easily run for another 50 years, just look at Batman.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #459
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
But if it's an investment, wouldn't they want to treat TMNT with a lot of care?

If I had to guess on why Nick would kill the show on purpose (which I seriously doubt), it's that I've heard it's cheaper to keep the franchise going with a new show instead of giving the established one more seasons, this part of the reason why Transformers has had nine (yes, nine) cartoons the past twenty years and yet another one coming out next year or why let's say Ben 10 (not a Ben 10 fan by the way) is not even ten years old and is already on it's fourth cartoon.

So yeah, even if they would be trying to kill the cartoon they will never try to kill the franchise.
There are people that will only watch Nick for TMNT, there aren't many other examples you can give that for. Which is one of the main reasons I believe Nick doesn't promote Turtles except when it's on, because this is a much different fan-age group they usually deal with.

Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick. And I think most of us know it.

As long as Turtles keeps bringing in the green, Nick will "love" the property, but they'll never treat it like it's one of their own.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #460
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Why is it that Nick handles the promotion of this series so terribly? All the other awful shows air like 24/7 a day, while Korra and TMNT are struggling to get at-least one airtime slot on the main network. Are there even any commercials for the show anymore? I haven't been following Nickelodeon in a while, so can someone please remind me what is going on?
I'd have to say it's SpongeBob's fault.
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
7 seasons at least, nick, ratings

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.