The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.54%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.94%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 1 0.92%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.60%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2014, 06:58 PM   #241
hypnock
Random Punk

No one talks about new Mikey's cartoon. Is it a parody of He-man?
hypnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:14 PM   #242
Syb3rStrife
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnock View Post
It's a parody of Thundarr the Barbarian. An old Ruby-Spears cartoon.
Syb3rStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #243
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hey, where is the love for the turtles blimp making it into the intro, guys?
I hadn't noticed that tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
I've been thinking. They've been on that farm for like 3 months. Do April and Casey have a change of clothes?? Cuz April at least only seems to wear that one shirt....
That's been bugging me every since episode 1. It happens a lot in most cartoons though, and it bugs me then too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syb3rStrife View Post
It's a parody of Thundarr the Barbarian. An old Ruby-Spears cartoon.
Didn't the turtles not get to see the last episode of the show they watched previously?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #244
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
I hadn't noticed that tbh.

That's been bugging me every since episode 1. It happens a lot in most cartoons though, and it bugs me then too.

Didn't the turtles not get to see the last episode of the show they watched previously?
lol Yeah! Happened in the first two seasons. Maybe the last season will have them finally finding out what happened during all the series finales.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:49 PM   #245
snake
Noided

I assume that Donnie will build the turtle blimp so they can fly into NYC.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #246
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
The vines grabbing April and pulling her back into the woods (was that a reference to Evil dead)
I'd say yes. I'm very glad they didn't reference it fully though.

Speaking of Evil Dead... I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned that the episode's title, "Within the Woods", is the same name as Sam Raimi's short film - often viewed as a precursor to The Evil Dead.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:55 PM   #247
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
I felt it was an attempt at a "homage" rather than "running out of ideas."
Exactly. It's like A Chinatown Ghost Story... it got a lot of hate because it rehashed an old storyline or people just didn't straight up get the joke. I however, loved the s**t out of it because I love the s**t out of Big Trouble in Little China. This episode was an homage/pastiche/parody of 70's and 80's slasher films, right down to the title ("Within the Woods" was the short film that begat The Evil Dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
There was some real emotion in this episode. Damn.
The part that struck me was when April's voice quivered a bit when she was describing what happened to Splinter in the cold open.

Quote:
I know would have been nice to had a scene with him and Mikey.
Ice Cream Kitty's a female

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

I make video games. Please buy them.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #248
Megchan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
We never really find out if they do or not. Just kinda ended with the video tape being damaged, we don't even know if Donnie fixed or not.

Image by RamyB of TeeTurtle
Megchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #249
SnakeShifter
Random Punk

Possitives:
- The Creep.
Very memorable character & villain for the series.
- Seth Green's voice.
I actually prefer this voice to Jason Biggs &
Dominic Catrambone.
- Friday the 13th references.
Not really a fan of the series, but I thought it was clever how they put in those nods.
- The new location.
So beautiful and a very interesting setting to be at.

Negatives:
- Mutated Raph.
Little odd, wish they showed how Creep did that to him.
- Humor.
Wish it had a little more in it.
SnakeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #250
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I enjoyed it a lot! Loved all the Friday the 13th references with the Creep. And the 1990 movie visual references in the pre-credits sequence. They really hit my nostalgia buttons there.

Seth Green did a great job, I thought. It was a bit jarring at first, but they addressed it well, and there were some moments where it just felt very right. I like Seth Green a lot - he can play it pretty "big" and goofy sometimes, but he knows to keep it restrained and controlled here for the most part. He sounds more mature, which makes a lot of sense for his character after what he's been through. Looking forward to where he goes in the role from here.

The whole cast did great work here, really. (As usual!)

If I have a criticism? The whole "turning Raph into a plant" thing was weird, even by TMNT standards. Especially how quickly/easily they turned him back to normal. Usually it feels like there are more stakes on this show when it comes to mutations/transformations, so that felt a bit off.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #251
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yep I agree with that, BT. As to your question about comas, they can last a long time. My sis was in one, and she woke up on Easter Sunday. So it just depends on what's going on.

And as for if Don had a feeding tube, if he can rig up an IV for Raph, he can create a feeding tube.
Being around a farm, there is always something that can be rigged to be a feeding tube. I know from personal experience. Many nights were spent sticking a feeding tube up a sick horse's nostril (yes, nostril, not mouth) and it was often some sort of garden hose, or maybe even some hose in the garage that is kept to syphon gas out of tractors and lawn mowers and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Next morning poor April notices a bruise on her shoulder that matches Casey's boot print, "Wtf??"

Have fun losing the girl, Casey...
I know, poor girl. First, she gets shoved aside really hard by Raph, then kicked in the shoulder by Raph's best bud!
Old 10-05-2014, 12:36 AM   #252
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I assume that Donnie will build the turtle blimp so they can fly into NYC.
What a great way to return to New York. I was thinking the same thing since someone mentioned seeing it in the opener. Might be a neat way to dispense some anti-mutagen if this new one drops bombs.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:43 AM   #253
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

That Raph status quo was kinda dumb, but I guess we don't have to mourn over him.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #254
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Exactly. It's like A Chinatown Ghost Story... it got a lot of hate because it rehashed an old storyline or people just didn't straight up get the joke. I however, loved the s**t out of it because I love the s**t out of Big Trouble in Little China. This episode was an homage/pastiche/parody of 70's and 80's slasher films, right down to the title ("Within the Woods" was the short film that begat The Evil Dead)
|
Uh, I'm pretty sure the people that hated or just didn't care for A Chinatown Ghost Story had nothing to do with rehashed storylines, but more with the 3 of the Turtles being mind controlled (again, it tends to happen alot in this show) and the whole Donnie/Casey/April thing.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #255
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
What a great way to return to New York. I was thinking the same thing since someone mentioned seeing it in the opener. Might be a neat way to dispense some anti-mutagen if this new one drops bombs.
For those who missed seeing the Turtle blimp in the opener:

Old 10-05-2014, 01:29 AM   #256
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The Live Action movie callbacks were great. From the design of the farm, to a turtle in a wide brimmed hat humming, "Old MacDonald." I even appreciated the inclusion of a scene with Donnie and Casey in the bar working on stuff.

Until they opened their mouths and reminded me that this freakin' Creeper Nice Guy b-plot is still ongoing.

I loved the badguy, and the horror movie meta. That was glorious.

Not sold on Green yet as Leo.
Animation, as always, was stellar.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:02 AM   #257
FlawedCoil82
Hench Mutant

I wasn't a big fan of this episode. It was just weird for a children's cartoon (how would they understand the horror film aspects?) Raphadoggy was bizarre too. And I was so waiting for a Robot Chicken spoof when I heard Leonardo. It didn't work well for me and was overall, another "blah" episode.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #258
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
I've been thinking. They've been on that farm for like 3 months. Do April and Casey have a change of clothes?? Cuz April at least only seems to wear that one shirt....
Maybe they just like the smell of eachother's sweat? There are people who into way weirder things.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #259
madyankees
Hench Mutant

Still need some time to get used to Leo's new voice. Loved the reference to the farm as well as the mirage comic "river saga".

However I thought it will make a lot more sense if Raph became a turtle again (like in the comic) instead of a plant
madyankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #260
zantha
Random Punk

I felt I should add my point of view on the Donnie being more worried about April and Casey being alone than his brother. I admit that that is part of it, but a larger part of it is that it dose not make good sense logical to have them in a team together in this situation.

out of the four that are going into the woods, the ones that are calmer more level-headed, are Donnie and April. Mikey and Casey are more go with the flow. so it dose make sense in a way to put then in these times. however the turtles are better fighters and can handle themselves better than Casey and April. so it makes more sense to have a turtle in each time. then going by personality it make sense for April to go with Mikey and Casey to go with Donnie. that way you have two balanced teams. Donnie in part I think was thinking of this. being the most logical turtle.

Leo is not wholly wrong however he must know that Casey and Donnie on a team may not be a good idea, and as the psychically stronger ones Donnie and Casey should be on different times. it was always going to be a compromise. I think he also didn't not like the idea of all three of his brother's being away from each other and wanted to keep at least two together.

in away they are both right, as with the invasion. Donnie just dose not express his reason in a clear way and Leo does not listen to input form others very much. I don't know if this is going to be a theme for them, if so I am interested in how it will work out.

I also noticed that when Raph is told that Donnie stayed up all night to save his life, he does not give much of an reaction. that could be due to not knowing how to process such a big piece of information, also not liking having to be saved by his younger brother. when he feels that he should be the one to protect them. however he shows more of a reaction to Leo staying with him, form what we know doing nothing to help. this of course could be due to him having spent 3 months worrying about him.

this made me realise that Donnie dose not get much respect for all that he does. he is not listen to when he had a valid point at times too. I looked over it and none of Donnie's invention have ever once he is finished with them gone wrong because of his work. outside factors effect them yes, spy roach falling in the mutagen and metalhead being taken over by the kraang. there is no need for there to be such scepticism form Leo over Donnie's inventions. maybe it is me hoping for development that wont come, but I would like to see Donnie react to this.

it is always stated and pointed out how much pressure Leo has to deal with. it is never stated or explored how much pressure Donnie is under. without him in this episode Raph would have and Leo may not have recovered. being the one to take care of your brothers after a fight is just as much pressure are getting them through a fight. not to mention being the one responsible for their transport and communications. that is just hid team, he is also now the one that is going to be mainly responsible for turning those mutated in new York back to normal. kaira is a great example of his, Leo made her a issue for the team, but in the end Donnie is the one that will have to deal with it. I would just like to see this addressed.