The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 01:15 AM   #81
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
John DiMaggio is cool. I hope Gary loses some weight though.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #82
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,657
Cody Rhodes a wwe wrestler just posted this on twitter

Hyrule Husky ‏@PrinceCGR 1m1 minute ago

Think I can safely say that I did indeed read for Rocksteady' in the upcoming sequel.

I did not get the part, but such a great opportunity
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 PM   #83
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,148
That's interesting.

Not just the Cena mark in me but I think John Cena would make a decent Rocksteady. Mostly because he looks like he's half rhino as it is.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #84
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 10,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Cody Rhodes a wwe wrestler just posted this on twitter

Hyrule Husky ‏@PrinceCGR 1m1 minute ago

Think I can safely say that I did indeed read for Rocksteady' in the upcoming sequel.

I did not get the part, but such a great opportunity
So they are looking for someone beefy for Rocksteady.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #85
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So they are looking for someone beefy for Rocksteady.
Cody is a beanpole by wrestler standards man.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:22 PM   #86
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
That's interesting.

Not just the Cena mark in me but I think John Cena would make a decent Rocksteady. Mostly because he looks like he's half rhino as it is.
That would probably work. Honestly I wouldn't mind.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #87
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 3,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So they are looking for someone beefy for Rocksteady.
Cody is skinny I think he just read lines for him
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #88
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So they are looking for someone beefy for Rocksteady.
dude its motion capture..they could get a skin and bones 3 foot actor and make him or her whatever size they choose based on the design of the character


as evidence by the 6 foot tall hulk turtles
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #89
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 8,350


Well, maybe not for a human character on screen for five minutes. Though, yeah, I imagine for mocap body proportions, not height and weight, may be a more important factor, given all the markers on the suits, if the characters would be proportionally the same.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-18-2015 at 04:38 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:15 PM   #90
Whatswiththeheadbands?
N.W.O.B.H.M
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This means two things:

1. Bebop and Rocksteady will be human prior to mutation, not dumb farm animals.

2. He's BLACK. THANK GOD. Bebop's race has been preserved in all 3 new series (IDW, Nick and now the movie!)

Just tape a purple mohawk to his bald head and give him shades and we are good to go!
You're just basically the internet summed up, aren't you?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Bad ass isn't shooting someone with a gun; it's attacking them with gardening tools, and winning.
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:33 AM   #91
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post


Well, maybe not for a human character on screen for five minutes. Though, yeah, I imagine for mocap body proportions, not height and weight, may be a more important factor, given all the markers on the suits, if the characters would be proportionally the same.
No need to imagine. Mocap is used for acquisition of motion, as a point cloud. The point cloud is then retargeted to the corresponding vertices of the character mesh.

Animators then smooth the performance out, or in some cases, recreate it entirely.

The size and shape of the actor is irrelevant. If they are looking at a wrestler, it's because they want a wrestler type for the human scenes, and more importantly, probably their fans/following.

They want Tyler Perry for the Black vote, Arnell for the ComicBook geek vote, Fox and supermodel for the horney male douchebag vote, Judith Hoag for the hardcore fan vote, Linney for the film snob vote, etc.

It's entirely stunt casting, except for Gary, and the turtles themselves. Surprised WME is letting an actor from APA into their party. Gary is really left field.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #92
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
No need to imagine. Mocap is used for acquisition of motion, as a point cloud. The point cloud is then retargeted to the corresponding vertices of the character mesh.

Animators then smooth the performance out, or in some cases, recreate it entirely.

The size and shape of the actor is irrelevant. If they are looking at a wrestler, it's because they want a wrestler type for the human scenes, and more importantly, probably their fans/following.

They want Tyler Perry for the Black vote, Arnell for the ComicBook geek vote, Fox and supermodel for the horney male douchebag vote, Judith Hoag for the hardcore fan vote, Linney for the film snob vote, etc.

It's entirely stunt casting, except for Gary, and the turtles themselves. Surprised WME is letting an actor from APA into their party. Gary is really left field.
I really want to hit this movie in the face with a shovel.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:44 AM   #93
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,880
Has anyone heard if Rocksteady has been cast yet? I don't recall seeing a similar thread devoted to the ol' hornhead...
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #94
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier
 
syk_skillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Flint, Michigan
Posts: 242
When it comes to WWE before TP was cast I thought Xavier Woods would have been a fun choice for Baxter since he looks like him and he is a Huge TMNT fan. When it comes to Rocksteady they should cast Rhyno lol
__________________
syk_skillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #95
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I really want to hit this movie in the face with a shovel.
Funny, i just happen to have a shovel, right here!
Let me give you a hand!

lol, this guy?


and this guy?



The drugs be FINE in the hills these days. FML!

Last edited by Commenter 42; 05-19-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:39 AM   #96
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Funny, i just happen to have a shovel, right here!
Let me give you a hand!
Hold it down, hold it down!

Come here you motherf*cker!

__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #97
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Hold it down, hold it down!

Come here you motherf*cker!

http://i.imgur.com/V02UO0s.gif?1
A shovel is too kind. Satisfying, maybe, but not nearly cruel enough.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:52 AM   #98
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
A shovel is too kind. Satisfying, maybe, but not nearly cruel enough.
I just said shovel because I think they're funny.

But I can also hit it in the face with a chainsaw.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:46 PM   #99
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,968
Hmmm, better!
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bebop, oh that cubed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.