The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 PM   #441
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They also said they crammed him in the movie after they already shot half of it...
I love how'd the those who,dislike this movie keep saying this, and everyone just fallows along as if it's true. It's not it's total ******** and never happened. Oh sure some time after they green lit the movie they talk about, how they were going to "fit his character in" but that was well before filming started. Number one he was cast before filming started so obviously they didn't "force him in half way through filming". It's a bunch of bull ****. Don't like the movie?That's fine but stop post bs and acting as if what you say is all true it's not.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #442
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
no sam its true...its absolutely true...characters are being added because they are popular to the series, every turtles incarnation does it


the difference here is the writers literally having no clue why the are loved in the first place. and are just trying to please nostalgia.

it is all right there, they read the wiki pages and picked the names that popped up the most.

funny how people compare this series to the FW toon, as some excuse to get away wth silliness but seem to forget Casey was a one dimensional few episode character in those...and is still better than Arnell jones.
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 02-12-2016 at 02:00 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #443
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I love how'd the those who,dislike this movie keep saying this, and everyone just fallows along as if it's true. It's not it's total ******** and never happened. Oh sure some time after they green lit the movie they talk about, how they were going to "fit his character in" but that was well before filming started. Number one he was cast before filming started so obviously they didn't "force him in half way through filming". It's a bunch of bull ****. Don't like the movie?That's fine but stop post bs and acting as if what you say is all true it's not.
Is that like making things up about hockey masks to support your opinion on the new Casey Jones mask? Come on man.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #444
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I love how'd the those who,dislike this movie keep saying this, and everyone just fallows along as if it's true. It's not it's total ******** and never happened. Oh sure some time after they green lit the movie they talk about, how they were going to "fit his character in" but that was well before filming started. Number one he was cast before filming started so obviously they didn't "force him in half way through filming". It's a bunch of bull ****. Don't like the movie?That's fine but stop post bs and acting as if what you say is all true it's not.
Quote:
Following reports that Liebesman is not returning for the Ninja Turtles sequel, with Earth to Echo helmer Dave Green in talks to direct, Brazilian entertainment outlet Omelete has confirmed that Bebop and Rocksteady will appear in TMNT 2 – thanks to an interview with producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form:

“We can say that Bebop and Rocksteady are in the film, and Casey Jones is a character that we love and we’re trying to fit him in as well.”
http://screenrant.com/bebop-rockstea...-2-movie-tmnt/

They don't have a story to tell. They tried "to fit him in as well." They shoved Casey into their script because fans like the character.

That's it.

And from what we've SEEN SO FAR, they didn't even bother to try all that hard with Casey.

It was announced in December 2014 that the movie starts filming in April 2015

http://screenrant.com/tmnt-2-filming...-release-date/

And then he was cast only about 3 months later. Literally JUST before shooting started.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/st...es-1201459533/

That is definitely 11th hour inclusion.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.

Last edited by TrickOrTreater; 02-12-2016 at 04:19 PM.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #445
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Trick! how dare you use facts and sources!
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:20 PM   #446
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Trick! how dare you use facts and sources!
Reality is my weaknesssssss
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:29 PM   #447
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
Trick! how dare you use facts and sources!
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #448
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,464
I don't expect these cold-hard facts to be acknowledged, but they're a beautiful thing regardless.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #449
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,437
I know, right? I generally don't f*cking speak at all unless I know what I'm talking about, because being called a moron sucks and I'm not going to flat-out GIVE anyone the opportunity by making provably-false statements.

Just because I don't include f*cking links in every post I make doesn't mean I didn't do the homework. If the words are being typed/"spoken" by me, then by default they are factual, not speculative nonsense, because I only f*cking deal with Facts, not opinions and hearsay.

It's like people don't GET it by now after 13 years. "He's such an asshole, he acts like he's always right." NO, I act like I'm always right because I don't engage in a conversation at all without factual evidence to support whatever I intend to say.

I shouldn't HAVE to include half a news article in every post I make, my sh*t's long enough. In truth, it kind of sucks that other people have to go to the work of digging up articles and stuff that proves everything I say, but good job on that, way to bring light to The Truth. But things would run a lot smoother for everyone if people just went, "Yeah, okay, he knows his stuff, his track record speaks for itself by now, let's hear him out, let's not jump his sh*t just because what he says isn't what we want to hear." Then I wouldn't HAVE to be such a dick to people.

Because frankly I don't give a single sh*t about people's feelings but I value Facts and Truth over everything in life. So if someone is trying to argue me on something, and they're provably f***ing wrong, then yes, I'm going to be a jerk, because now I'm wasting time "proving" things that are already long-proven, and that's frustrating that I even have to.

And when I am proven wrong - which is rare, but it definitely happens - I immediately bow out and thank the person who educated me for the enlightenment. Always. A LOT more people around here need to take that lesson and apply it.

I don't talk about what I "think", "feel", or "hope". I only talk about what I KNOW. So if people would quit the "Nuh UH!" sh*t every time I make a statement, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:45 PM   #450
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Is that like making things up about hockey masks to support your opinion on the new Casey Jones mask? Come on man.
I'm not making anything up in this movie he is supposed to be a hockey player. If he was a real hockey player would he not have a real modern hockey mask? Hell jr high school students with out excess funds can afford them then he certainly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
http://screenrant.com/bebop-rockstea...-2-movie-tmnt/

They don't have a story to tell. They tried "to fit him in as well." They shoved Casey into their script because fans like the character.

That's it.

And from what we've SEEN SO FAR, they didn't even bother to try all that hard with Casey.

It was announced in December 2014 that the movie starts filming in April 2015

http://screenrant.com/tmnt-2-filming...-release-date/

And then he was cast only about 3 months later. Literally JUST before shooting started.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/st...es-1201459533/

That is definitely 11th hour inclusion.
first off that was an interview done at the very latest early December four months before shooting even started and he was talking about the past not like they decided to do it the day before. Especially after talking about just getting the first one finished. You are taking his words completely out of context

Second his casting announcement does not mean that was when was officiay hired.
Seeing as Brian was announced to be playing shredder well after Amell. And his character is one they new they were keeping in from the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo656
snipp.
No its that fact that you over exaggerate thing you said they added Amell andncasey in half way through filming. Thats a lie and people hear you say that stuff and act like its true. It's not
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:57 PM   #451
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 14,437
A slight exaggeration for the sake of hyperbole doesn't completely erase the ultimate point of my statement, that Casey was among the last things they crammed in, that it was last-minute, rushed, not part of the initial plan for the movie and that they did a half-assed job. Those are all facts. So it was technically "right before shooting" instead of "halfway through". Oooooh, GOT ME! A whole three weeks of difference!

Dude, here's the thing. I know you're going through a lot right now so I really don't want to get into a whole "thing" with you, because you don't deserve that right now. But if I'm forced to I will. Please consider the fact that I'm not a very nice person before you try and engage in "gotcha" games with me, or otherwise try and argue things you know I'm ultimately right about. I sincerely don't want to be "too mean" on account of what you're dealing with right now, but we all know me by now, I might without even trying. And if I get irritated enough to actually try, well, that won't end well for either of us.

So yeah, don't argue, listen. Casey was a last-minute cram-job. That's the point I was ultimately making and that point is a proven fact. See links above.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:19 AM   #452
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
first off that was an interview done at the very latest early December four months before shooting even started and he was talking about the past not like they decided to do it the day before. Especially after talking about just getting the first one finished. You are taking his words completely out of context
I'm sure I am.

Quote:
Second his casting announcement does not mean that was when was officiay hired.
Seeing as Brian was announced to be playing shredder well after Amell. And his character is one they new they were keeping in from the beginning
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tm...ee-1201480798/

Brian Tee's casting announcement came at the end of April. They started shooting in April.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/tm...ee-1201480798/

Meaning he was probably actually cast closer to shooting than Stephen Amell.

Both of those things are bad. They almost didn't have their new addition human cast together before they started shooting in April.

They cut it down to the wire. 11th hour.

To put this into perspective, using a better movie as an example, Chris Pratt's casting announcement came in February 5th, 2013

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-t...y-chris-pratt/

Guardians of the Galaxy began filming July 6th, 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardi...(film)#Filming

5 months after Pratt's casting announcement. Almost half a year.

BayTurtles2 scrambled to get this thing written, scrambled to get it cast and pump it out.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 01:20 AM   #453
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Sig'd so hard.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #454
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
I'm not making anything up in this movie he is supposed to be a hockey player. If he was a real hockey player would he not have a real modern hockey mask? Hell jr high school students with out excess funds can afford them then he certainly can.

first off that was an interview done at the very latest early December four months before shooting even started and he was talking about the past not like they decided to do it the day before. Especially after talking about just getting the first one finished. You are taking his words completely out of context

Second his casting announcement does not mean that was when was officiay hired.
Seeing as Brian was announced to be playing shredder well after Amell. And his character is one they new they were keeping in from the beginning


No its that fact that you over exaggerate thing you said they added Amell andncasey in half way through filming. Thats a lie and people hear you say that stuff and act like its true. It's not
It's not a modern hockey mask. You clearly know nothing about hockey so just stop. The mask is now a 80's style. Here pic for reference of todays hockey masks that would be considered modern hockey mask.

Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #455
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Not gonna lie right now, TrickOrTreater, Leo, and Cylon are my favorite people on this forum.

It's funny how much everyone 'cares' about this movie, though. I'm gonna watch it as in pirate it because I refuse to give Bay more money. But anyone who thinks Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, and Casey were added in there for anything but helping this movie make more money is foolish.

They don't have an endgame with this trilogy. They're just taking it one movie at a time with the same generic plot. It's like a Bay Mad-Lib.
-Focus on human characters.
-Provide fan-service by adding characters that really don't affect the story and don't come organically.
-Give awful jokes.
-Produce an awful movie and then claim it's just a 'kid's movie.'

If you've read Blue Door, you already have a general idea of how they're gonna handle Bebop and Rocksteady: they're gonna fight the Turtles once and then Casey is going to somehow take them out.

You also know what's going to happen to Krang.
Krang's going to show up at the end of the movie, give the Turtles a little ass whopping on top of a high up exterior location(Just like Shredder did, sigh.), and then get miraculously beaten. However, I feel as if we're going to see April just come on top of the Technodrome and push him off.

Last edited by Foombamaroom; 02-13-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #456
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Not gonna lie right now, TrickOrTreater, Leo, and Cylon are my favorite people on this forum.

It's funny how much everyone 'cares' about this movie, though. I'm gonna watch it as in pirate it because I refuse to give Bay more money. But anyone who thinks Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady, and Casey were added in there for anything but helping this movie make more money is foolish.

They don't have an endgame with this trilogy. They're just taking it one movie at a time with the same generic plot. It's like a Bay Mad-Lib.
-Focus on human characters.
-Provide fan-service by adding characters that really don't affect the story and don't come organically.
-Give awful jokes.
-Produce an awful movie and then claim it's just a 'kid's movie.'

If you've read Blue Door, you already have a general idea of how they're gonna handle Bebop and Rocksteady: they're gonna fight the Turtles once and then Casey is going to somehow take them out.

You also know what's going to happen to Krang.
Krang's going to show up at the end of the movie, give the Turtles a little ass whopping on top of a high up exterior location(Just like Shredder did, sigh.), and then get miraculously beaten. However, I feel as if we're going to see April just come on top of the Technodrome and push him off.


Don't worry its tradition at this point.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #457
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Sig'd so hard.
You are more than welcome, my friend.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #458
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
It's not a modern hockey mask. You clearly know nothing about hockey so just stop. The mask is now a 80's style. Here pic for reference of todays hockey masks that would be considered modern hockey mask.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-con...sa-toskala.jpg
These are modern hockey masks as well





They are all similar to the style Casey has with different designs. Thats what say to its like amalgamation of Casey's old mask and newer more modern masks
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:26 PM   #459
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
These are modern hockey masks as well
http://www.gunaxin.com/wp-content/up...ockey_mask.jpg

https://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordp...es-gratton.jpg

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/nhl/images/upl...10/bromley.jpg
They are all similar to the style Casey has with different designs. Thats what say to its like amalgamation of Casey's old mask and newer more modern masks
Eew. Just eew. Those are grotesque. I suppose we got off all too easy... Bay could've totally gone with one of those, an even greater bastardization of Casey.

At this point, I'm honestly confused why Casey's hockey mask doesn't have "Orange Crush" or "Victoria's Secret" slathered all over it. Race cars are covered in advertising, why not a hockey mask?

Maybe instead of the already idiotic "Goongala", Casey can rush into battle screaming "LIKE A GOOD NEIGHBOR STATE FARM IS THERE!!!"
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #460
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,696
I donno, the last one with skull motif is slightly kinda-sorta Nick-ish looking. Which is a mile above what we're getting.

And it wouldn't had made Oliver Queen on holiday look like a bobble head.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tmnt superbowl trailer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.