The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-07-2016, 10:56 PM   #41
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

I still get nostalgia for the show. I watched it as a kid, and then stopped in the middle of Fast Forward. I only watched one more episode called "Web Wranglers", and nearly forgot about the show.

Then one day, I was going through my video game library for a game to play, and found TMNT 2: Battle Nexus. After playing it, my nostalgia came and made me go on YouTube and binge watch on the entire series. And just in time for the 2012 cartoon to come out, I believe.

Basically, I think my nostalgia came because it was one of the series I loved as a child (along with Kirby: Right Back At Ya and Sonic X). Rewatching the series was like revisiting my childhood.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:38 AM   #42
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Basically, I think my nostalgia came because it was one of the series I loved as a child (along with Kirby: Right Back At Ya and Sonic X). Rewatching the series was like revisiting my childhood.
I think that's true for everything we get nostalgic for.

As for me, I get nostalgic in general for TMNT. Even if I'm watching the Nick toon I'm somewhat nostalgic, because the Turtles were a (very important) part of my childhood. And that's intriguing: a big part of the franchise is new for me (Mirage, 4Kids, IDW, Nick), so I'm both curious and nostalgic at the same time - and thats a very ambivalent, but delightful feeling: exploring something completely new, and being remembered on my own childhood memories.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #43
xbennoda
Random Punk

I've had one ever since it ended. It's bad for me.

"...and walk this way"
xbennoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #44
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

right now

Old 07-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #45
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant

I'm with Thunder on this, right now.

IDK, I finished bingeing (that doesn't look right, but auto-correct is well, saying that's the correct spelling) it last year, a good two months or so before I joined here. Man, stuff has changed over the last year. Like, I'd bundle up with my sis and we'd always watch the Good genes arc on my tablet. I stumbled upon one of those episodes on YouTube recently (can I mention that? It's just direct links that aren't allowed, right?) and it was just so relaxing to watch. Man, now I wanna rewatch this series.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #46
THGhost
Puppet Master

Erm, right now?

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #47
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I already have nostalgia for this series

The question that Im really thinking of though, is when I will get Nostalgia for the Nick series?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:19 AM   #48
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I already have nostalgia for this series

The question that Im really thinking of though, is when I will get Nostalgia for the Nick series?
Nick is still having nostalgia for 90s shows at the moment, since a lot of 90s kids are now working at Nick. I say give it a few years.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #49
Prowler
Emperor

Man, it's been a decade or so since the show ended. Crazy.

I have nostalgia not for the show itself per se, but watching it as it aired, even if I missed several episodes at the time. But boy, was it exciting to watch this show at the time. I feel like I grew up with it. I began watching it when I was 13 and it ended when I was 18. It pretty much covered my entire teenage years. No other show encompassed all of that time period in my life like this one. So to me it's forever gonna be the cartoon series of my teenage years.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:21 PM   #50
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I already have nostalgia for this show. It saddens me that this is but forgotten. People will remember the 80's toon and the 2012 cartoon, and maybe even Rise...but I ask some people what they thought of 2K3 and many to not remember it.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:49 PM   #51
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Hands down the best iteration of toon turtles to date in my book
I watch this series in its entirety about once a year
Old 09-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #52
Slade
god status

A couple of months ago when I put the dvds on.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've rewatched the show in full about 8-10 times over the years. I rewatched the original cartoon in full about 30-40 times, so this one is lagging behind a bit. Going to have to marathon it again soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #54
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

U really should cubed. This one is amazing to me
More nostalgic for the oc but this one is just darker and much more consistent
Of course I’m stating well known things however
Old 09-14-2019, 10:20 AM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes I want to hit 20 full watch-thrus. Maybe even 50 by the time I'm middle age.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #56
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I've rewatched the show in full about 8-10 times over the years. I rewatched the original cartoon in full about 30-40 times, so this one is lagging behind a bit. Going to have to marathon it again soon.
You really need to flip flop that. I grew up with the original cartoon as well, so I agree that it is nice to periodically rewatch. But the 4Kids series is the one that you should be rewatching more. I Just finished my 4Kids rewatch. I'm thinking about maybe doing an original cartoon rewatch. But I'm thinking that I'll more likely watch another one of the more modern cartoons, like maybe the 2011 Thundercats. I don't think I've rewatched that one yet.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:59 PM   #57
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I’m rewatching the show in full at the moment for the first time and currently near the end of season 4. Hadn’t watched it much since it went off air until recently (only watched a few eps here and there before that). I didn’t realize how good this cartoon was, as I missed some episodes back in the day.

Could never watch both cartoons (or any show for that matter) that amount of times, though I did watch the OT a lot over and over again on tv when I was younger. I’d prefer to watch something new instead such as Batman: TAS which I remember little about. I only try to rewatch a show every 4 years or so.

Last edited by Wesley; 09-15-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Added a bit more info.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #58
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yes I want to hit 20 full watch-thrus. Maybe even 50 by the time I'm middle age.
Haha holyy how do you have time for that many rewatches? I think I only have 1 rewatch and I was proud of that cause it took me ages

Maybe it's time re-watch the amazing 2k3 series (it was so good!!11! i cant even explainnn) because I miss it so much, and I even found the whole series in Italian on youtube so it will help with my italian.
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #59
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Old threads hehe.
Talking by now, almost 17 years later, I don't really have nostalgia. I mean, I LOVE the 2003 show and it's and it will still be my favorite show of all time, but I can watch it as long as I want since I have a collection of DVDs.

The really nostalgia kicks when I play the Ps2 games based of the 2003 show. Those games make me wanna turn back in time when me and my brother argued about who should have picked up Donatello or Leonardo.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #60
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsicornYT View Post
Haha holyy how do you have time for that many rewatches? I think I only have 1 rewatch and I was proud of that cause it took me ages

Maybe it's time re-watch the amazing 2k3 series (it was so good!!11! i cant even explainnn) because I miss it so much, and I even found the whole series in Italian on youtube so it will help with my italian.
If you need help with your Italian, I'm Italian myself, and I also have all the episodes of the serie (except the 5th Season, Fast Forward and Back to The Sewer, as they never got dubbed in Italian).

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote