The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #1041
Redemption
Stone Warrior

I pre-ordered from EE and I had no problems.
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:28 PM   #1042
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

#turtletuesday on NECA's twitter page. Behind the scenes look at the four 1/4 figures. Look like test shots of the sculpts.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:45 PM   #1043
OPTICS
Thug

Have there been any reports of breakage?

I've never owned a 1/4 NECA figure before, but I've had bad luck with past NECA figures.
OPTICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #1044
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPTICS View Post

I've never owned a 1/4 NECA figure before, but I've had bad luck with past NECA figures.
Some reported broken legs and the Bo staff
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 AM   #1045
Sorso
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPTICS View Post

Mine has nothing broken, just the torso joint pretty loose, but I think there wouldn't be a problem for a replacement, at least from BBTS, then NECA _CS mailed me some instructions in case I want to fix it myself. The Bo staff is pretty delicate, it's not fragile but being the joints of the figure, shoulders' ones in particular, very tight, you'll have to be careful when you put the figure into pose with the staff in its hand, not to put too much strength. The bo is made of two pieces glued together, not a single piece, they may separate after a trauma, like a fall, but nothing that a little extra glue can't fix.
Sorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:40 AM   #1046
Since 1984
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefont9 View Post
I am having the exact same problem. I even paid in full. I asked for a refund and got an email saying, "will you confirm that you wish for a refund?" Now I'm also stranded. I ordered one from Entertainment Earth. hoping that they come through.
That sucks. I actually was able to get ahold of them on the phone a couple of days ago and "updated" my mailing address. Yesterday I got an email saying that they were shipping it so I'm starting to have more hope but until I actually get the figure I won't hold my breath.
Since 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #1047
greensborohill
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Karai View Post
#turtletuesday on NECA's twitter page. Behind the scenes look at the four 1/4 figures. Look like test shots of the sculpts.
https://s29.postimg.org/ysfbu7xzn/IMG_7689.jpg
Mikey looks to be a bit shorter than the rest. This pleases me!
Old 01-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #1048
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill View Post
Mikey looks to be a bit shorter than the rest. This pleases me!
Don't get too excited. Mikey is in the background just like Leo so they're going to look a little smaller.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #1049
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i think its just the position they are in. when they were at SDCC they were all standing in same stance and same heights
Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM   #1050
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

damn exchange rates , can anyone give me some listings for the US and UK/EU ? that ship everywere ? hopfully somthing with resaonbale postage ...
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 AM   #1051
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Haven't noticed any issues with my Donatello and I've been in love with it since it finally arrived. I cannot WAIT to get the rest of them.

Here is here next to my newest addition to my house, the 2014 MONDO/Rich Kelly illustrated movie poster of the 1990 TMNT movie.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:16 PM   #1052
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorso View Post
Mine has nothing broken, just the torso joint pretty loose, but I think there wouldn't be a problem for a replacement, at least from BBTS, then NECA _CS mailed me some instructions in case I want to fix it myself.
May I ask what they told you to do?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:24 PM   #1053
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Haven't noticed any issues with my Donatello and I've been in love with it since it finally arrived. I cannot WAIT to get the rest of them.

Here is here next to my newest addition to my house, the 2014 MONDO/Rich Kelly illustrated movie poster of the 1990 TMNT movie.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...17&oe=59210026
can that poster still be had and whats it cost ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:24 AM   #1054
Sorso
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
May I ask what they told you to do?

They first told me to contact the retailer then that if I wanted to try to fix it myself to follow this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54nqFbXz4o. In order to do such a thing I will have to remove the front shell
Sorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #1055
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

Wow, my lcbs finally got the boys in their catalogue. Backordered Donnie and put Raph on my pull list. Nice to be on board. Little 7year-old me fistbumps the living sh*t out of me
Old 01-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #1056
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
can that poster still be had and whats it cost ?
Not from Mondo, but check eBay. There's a strong second-hand market for Mondo prints. I'm not sure about this particular print, but be prepared to shell out some change. Mondo prints can often sell out in seconds, leading to a crazy inflated second-hand value.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:15 PM   #1057
Powder
So tired of this place

Ok, I gotta ask- How consistent are the paint apps, specifically the speckling? I've noticed a fair amount of Donatello figures have a sort of spotted neckbeard thing going on, at least going by amateur photos from collectors. Not all of them appear to have that, but those who do, all seem to share the same pattern. Is that an across the board design which only shows up with flash or is it just that one run went a bit overboard?

I dunno that I'm in for anything more than a Leonardo, so it may not really matter in the longrun, but the spots on Donnie's chin really bother me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:43 PM   #1058
ProdUK
Thug

I don't notice any spots when looking at him due to lack of light getting around the neck area but the flash really does show them up in photos

Here's my one with the flash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3933.jpg (84.0 KB, 59 views)
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #1059
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ok, I gotta ask- How consistent are the paint apps, specifically the speckling? I've noticed a fair amount of Donatello figures have a sort of spotted neckbeard thing going on, at least going by amateur photos from collectors. Not all of them appear to have that, but those who do, all seem to share the same pattern. Is that an across the board design which only shows up with flash or is it just that one run went a bit overboard?

I dunno that I'm in for anything more than a Leonardo, so it may not really matter in the longrun, but the spots on Donnie's chin really bother me.
I really have to say that its because of the photos. Dont judge these until you have then in your hands. Every single picture and video just doesnt do this thing justice. I noticed every time I took a pic with the flash on the chin spots look really ugly, but I am telling you that this has to be in hand to believe it. It is seriously a work of art. Dont let the bad pics throw you off.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #1060
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Do we have an exact date for Raphael or is it just February right now?