The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 01-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #743
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman kicks off it's multiplicity story and it's already better than Spider-Verse. YOU JUST MADE THE LYST (and yes, that's how "List" is spelled there), weep also for Captain Carrot, or go "awwww"

JL vs Suicide Squad was fun, loved Killer Croc laughing at the idea of the teams working together to protect Waller

Batman...hmm...yeah, Bruce and Selina beat up a lot of familiar Bat-Mooks before getting comfy on a rooftop, having sex on a bed of diamonds
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:42 PM   #744
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Anyone read the new atom series? I haven't got to yet. Looks like Ryan Choi in the flarrow verse suit
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #745
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

I'll be spending about a hundred dollars on comics and supplys this coming wednesday. Most of which will be e catching up on some back issues of rebirth.

GREEN ARROW #14 2.99
NAILBITER #28 (MR) 2.99
SPREAD #17 3.99
WALKING DEAD #162 CVR A ADLARD & STEWART (MR) 2.99

BATGIRL AND THE BIRDS OF PREY #6 2.99
DETECTIVE COMICS #948 2.99
FLASH #14 2.99
JESSICA JONES #4 3.99

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #6 2.99
SPREAD #18 (MR) 3.99
SUPERGIRL #5 2.99
TITANS #7 2.99

Titans 4,5,6, 8.97
Teen Titans 1,2,3, 8.97
Batgirl and the birds of prey 4,5,6,* 8.97
Wonder Woman 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.95

Plus bags and boards.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #746
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

All-Star Batman
Huh. I really liked this. Really cool idea of Victor Fries reviving cryogenically frozen people as an army. Very interesting visually, too... a blend of prose and comic, in a way.

Detective Comics

I really liked this, too. I hated the "Monster Men" arc but this is a really cool follow-up to it with bioweapons. More interested for this and Dr. October than the Colony plot, but we'll see.

Red Hood and the Outlaws
Damn good end to a damn good story arc. I'm buying the TPB day one. Can't wait for the next story arc! Also, loved what Red Hood did to Black Mask.

The Flash

Not much happened, but a promising start to a new story arc. I enjoyed it even though it was mostly setup.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #747
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Marvel take the lead in the market share for December, but the fourth quarter of 2016 was down by 6% compared to fourth quarter 2015

Top sellers of December saw DC given most of it's slots strictly through Batman books and JL/Suicide Squad. Marvel elbowed in there with IXV, Civil War II's conclusion, Star Wars, and the relaunch of She-Hulk as "Hulk"

http://www.newsarama.com/32710-decem...over-2015.html
Old 01-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #748
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Both Bruce and Selina remember the first time they met...slightly differently. Bruce thinks back to the Golden Age, Selina thinks back to Year One

Old 01-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #749
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Bruce and Barry finally attempt to crack the case of the Comedian's button in April

Old 01-12-2017, 05:10 PM   #750
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
All-Star Batman
Huh. I really liked this. Really cool idea of Victor Fries reviving cryogenically frozen people as an army. Very interesting visually, too... a blend of prose and comic, in a way.

Detective Comics

I really liked this, too. I hated the "Monster Men" arc but this is a really cool follow-up to it with bioweapons. More interested for this and Dr. October than the Colony plot, but we'll see.

Red Hood and the Outlaws
Damn good end to a damn good story arc. I'm buying the TPB day one. Can't wait for the next story arc! Also, loved what Red Hood did to Black Mask.

The Flash

Not much happened, but a promising start to a new story arc. I enjoyed it even though it was mostly setup.
I have all the issues of Monster Men but never finished it. I enjoyed this issue I suppose but I missed the rest of the team. Did Batwoman look a little like Nicole Kidman to you?

No desire to read all star batman and robin

While I really enjoyed red hood and the outlaws I felt the story was drug out far too long. Could have been finished in four or five issues easily. Maybe its just that it only comes out monthly while some of the other dc titles come out bi-weekly.

Flash. Agreed on nothing happening but it was great to finally see the rogues there at the end. Even if they don't exactly resemble the rogues from the show.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #751
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman gets a new look in the aftermath of Superman Reborn, and the Kents move back to Metropolis.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/13/e...-for-superman/
Old 01-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #752
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Expect more from Geoff Johns
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #753
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
DUDE! i literally hurt myself laughing so hard!
Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #754
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So Selina did'nt kill those people after all, her old protoge Holly did.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:48 PM   #755
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
So Selina did'nt kill those people after all, her old protoge Holly did.
Elaborate if you would, please.

Also, I actually enjoy Geoff Johns writing. Rogues War, GL: Rebirth, Sinestro War, Infinite Crisis are all great stories.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:55 PM   #756
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Elaborate if you would, please.
While Bruce and Selina had rooftop sex, Bruce talked about the day he met Selina, which was way back in the golden age, while Selina remembered their past differently, and that she met Bruce during the Frank Miller penned "Year One" when she worked as a prostitute with Holly and Bruce saved her.

After Selina departs, Bruce dwells on the Holly namedrop and becomes convinced she knows where Selina is going. He goes to Holly's apartment where he tells her he thinks Selina did'nt kill those people responsible for destroying her orphanage.

Holly blindsides Batman and flees the city. Selina returns Bruce to Wayne Manor and reveals to Alfred she had been covering up for Holly the whole time and that it was her that had killed all those people using the skills Selina had taught her.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #757
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
While Bruce and Selina had rooftop sex, Bruce talked about the day he met Selina, which was way back in the golden age, while Selina remembered their past differently, and that she met Bruce during the Frank Miller penned "Year One" when she worked as a prostitute with Holly and Bruce saved her.

After Selina departs, Bruce dwells on the Holly namedrop and becomes convinced she knows where Selina is going. He goes to Holly's apartment where he tells her he thinks Selina did'nt kill those people responsible for destroying her orphanage.

Holly blindsides Batman and flees the city. Selina returns Bruce to Wayne Manor and reveals to Alfred she had been covering up for Holly the whole time and that it was her that had killed all those people using the skills Selina had taught her.
Rooftop sex? It sounds like something out of All-Star Batman and Robin.

That is better, its not in Selina's character no matter what.

Earth-2/original continuity vs post-crisis which was Miller's Year One story. hmm...I pick Gold Agen/Earth-2.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #758
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Apparently the monthly dc books are increasing to 3.99 a month but the bi-monthly books are staying at 2.99
Old 01-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #759
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cover to Action Comics #974

Solits for Part Two of Superman Black and Superman Reborn: The Aftermath

Quote:
“Superman Reborn Aftermath” part two! Superman’s life has been changed, some good is back, but the bad is back as well—with a vengeance! As Superman’s allies gather to address the looming threat of Mr. Oz, another Squad seeks revenge against the Man of Steel—and you won’t believe who made the team!
https://www.comixology.com/Action-Co...xpc3Qvc2VyaWVz

Quote:
Superman (2016-) #21
“Superman black” part two! A “Superman Reborn Aftermath” tie-in! The Man of Steel is challenged to break his code against killing in front of his son as the mystery surrounding Hamilton deepens.
https://www.comixology.com/Superman-...xpc3Qvc2VyaWVz
Old 01-25-2017, 06:52 AM   #760
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Action Comics

Spoiler:

Supes uses his reflexes and strategic mentality to get the better of his and Lex's pursuers, and finally convinces them to back off and let the future unfold at it's own pace. They peer into the future again and appear satisfied, so they transport Lex and Clark back home. Lois is able to convince the other Clark that Jon is the son of her "cousin" and sends him away, but "Clark" is suspicious. Lex decides to return the N52 Superman cape back to the Daily Planet. Supes concludes that Lex cannot be the same man as Pre-Flahspoint Lex and they shake hands, deciding the slate is now clean. Meanwhile, it's revealed the future shown to Lex's accusers shows that the Man of Steel must worry about the future. Among the images shown are Jon, Mr. Oz, Lex Luthor on the throne of Apokoplis with Supes at his side with the Mother Box, Blanque from "Lois and Clark", and Cyborg Superman

Detective Comics

Spoiler:
Detective Comics

Spoiler]Bruce and Kate withstand the attack on the Belfrey by one of the Colony flunkies, but in the battle he transforms into a gargoyle and escapes. Kate learsn from her father that there is a strain of monster venom being sold on the black market. This is all pretty much set up for her solo adventures in her own ongoing next month

JL Vs Suicide Squad

Spoiler:
Killer Frost manages to harness Superman's heat vision and creates a burst of sunlight that cures everyone affected by Ecliso. Elcipso is defeated by Superman and reverts back to Maxwell Lord. Rest of the issue is foreshadowing for the new JLA title with Bruce recruiting members of the team and Amanda Waller being outed by Lord for taking a risk and informing Lord of where to find the origining Squad and the Eclipso diamond, as well as putting the JL and Squad together to force Batman into creating a JLA team. Waller says Lord will serve her well in Task Force XI

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman