The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

SDCC NECA Individuals

Shipping is FREE (built into the list price) unless you are not in the USA. Prices are non-negotiable unless you are buying more than one "thing" from the list. Adding prices to possibly speed this up.

I currently have left:

Collector's case x 4 ($16 shipped a piece, no trays)

Krang x 4 ($30 shipped to ANYWHERE in the US).

Donatello, Leonardo, and Michelangelo all $30 a piece SHIPPED to anywhere in the US. Includes Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico. I have two or three left of each.

If you need extra bubble walkers or accessories, let me know!
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 08-04-2017 at 02:52 PM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Cost for a set of the turtles?
Old 06-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Will not be censored

$115 (includes shipping) for Technodrome members.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 06-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
$115 (includes shipping) for Technodrome members.
Is that for all four? If so that's a good deal dude, how are you even making enough money for it to be worth your time? People should grab this deal from you while they can.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Is that for all four? If so that's a good deal dude, how are you even making enough money for it to be worth your time? People should grab this deal from you while they can.
Because I only paid $212 shipped a set, I've already sold all four foot off for $150, and that leaves two sets of turtles, two Krangs, two Shredders, and two empty Collector's cases left to sell...

I only have to re-coup roughly $270.
Quote:

Old 06-26-2017, 04:58 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Because I only paid $212 shipped a set, I've already sold all four foot off for $150, and that leaves two sets of turtles, two Krangs, two Shredders, and two empty Collector's cases left to sell...

I only have to re-coup roughly $270.
Oh ok. Nice. Like I said before rather reasonable deals that people should be grabbing while they can. imho.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #7
Will not be censored

I agree, yet no one has.
Quote:

Old 06-28-2017, 08:59 AM   #8
Will not be censored

I still have everything.
Quote:

Old 06-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #9
DonatelloFan1984
Hench Mutant

Just curious as to what you are looking to get for a collectors case and shredder. You can pm me if you feel that's more appropriate.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:02 AM   #10
Will not be censored

I PMed you but I probably should just have a list of prices for everything since prices are non-negotiable unless someone is buying more than one thing from the list, since shipping is free. I could do one set of turtles for $115, but I could do BOTH sets for $220.

There has been a lot of interest but no sales thus far, on here or on eBay. The four Foot had already sold when I created this thread.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #11
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Oh ok. Nice. Like I said before rather reasonable deals that people should be grabbing while they can. imho.

Price drop on sets of turtles to $100 shipped per set. Personal payment only (gift, family and friends, whatever term you know it as in your PayPal experience).

I have one case I won on eBay that I can also just split up. I will not break up the villains set. $200 shipped for the villains, $100 shipped for the turtles, $140 shipped for the four turtles and the case.

The original buyer for the case I bought on eBay backed out. If I can't raise the funds to complete the purchase I will just take the unpaid item strike, seeing as you are allowed two and I have never had one.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #12
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The original buyer for the case I bought on eBay backed out. If I can't raise the funds to complete the purchase I will just take the unpaid item strike, seeing as you are allowed two and I have never had one.
Just my 2 cents:
Another person's inability to keep their word should not affect your ability to keep yours. If you committed to buying something, you should follow through. Not just you, but anyone in this situation. Backing out punishes a seller for doing nothing wrong. I hope you do the right thing.

For anyone in this situation...what's your integrity worth? Something to consider.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #13
Will not be censored

I can't count the number of times people have backed out on me on eBay. It happens. In this case I'm the only loser. I don't make money regardless. The seller would do better to list it again closer to when these start to hit anyway. There will be another frenzy at that point like there was during the pre-order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer
Backing out punishes a seller for doing nothing wrong. I hope you do the right thing.
Punishes them how? Their fees get refunded. They have the opportunity to sell it to another buyer for a higher price.

You're just trying to blow steam up my @$$.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #14
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I can't count the number of times people have backed out on me on eBay. It happens. In this case I'm the only loser. I don't make money regardless. The seller would do better to list it again closer to when these start to hit anyway. There will be another frenzy at that point like there was during the pre-order.

Punishes them how? Their fees get refunded. They have the opportunity to sell it to another buyer for a higher price.

You're just trying to blow steam up my @$$.
No steam. Just asking everyone to make sure their moral compass is calibrated properly.

But to be fair, you do realize that the two statements above contradict each other, don't you? You state that you are, in fact, the only "loser" when someone backs out of a deal with you. You then proceed to ask how backing out on a seller punishes them. So you lose when a buyer backs out on you but as a buyer backing out, the seller sees no punishment? Double standard.

Sure, fees get refunded, but there's also an element of time to think about. You yourself have made several statements regarding your time, implying you see your time as valuable. One from earlier today:

Quote:
Which is fine, because I don't take kindly to a prospective buyer who has me spend my time hunting down a rare item and then laughs at me and tells me he can't pay after I've found the specific item that was requested.
If time weren't a relevant factor, you wouldn't have mentioned it. So backing out of a purchase DOES punish the seller. Even if they receive all their listing fees back, the "buyer" has wasted the seller's time, which by your own admission isn't nothing.

And the assumption that they have the opportunity to sell at a higher price is tenuous at best. They have just as much likelihood of selling the item for less than the original agreement price...especially in the world of manufactured collectibles where being first to market usually nets a premium.

Look, this all really boils down to is 2 wrongs don't make a right. Just because someone backs out on you doesn't justify you backing out on someone else.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:47 AM   #15
Will not be censored

Technodrome Forums. We turn your mole-hills into mountains.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #16
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Technodrome Forums. We turn your mole-hills into mountains.
You didn't say I was wrong...
Old 07-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #17
Will not be censored

When I have raised the money to pay for the set a repeat buyer bailed on, I'm going to rub your nose in it.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2017, 12:53 PM   #18
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
When I have raised the money to pay for the set a repeat buyer bailed on, I'm going to rub your nose in it.
I don't really know what that means, but go nuts.

You've got nothing to prove to me. Who am I to you? Just another faceless guy posting on a message board.

I keep an eye on these sales threads because from time to time, something interesting pops up. As such, I've seen a lot of your posts in the last few months. I see someone who has potential to be successful in what he does, but I also see someone who is likely young and rash and as a result of the lack of life experience, makes some odd choices.

I'm simply trying to provide a little perspective as a means to help you maintain your integrity. What you do with that free advice is up to you.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #19
Will not be censored

The point I was trying to make is that I'm desperate to just break even on the one I bid on so I can pay for it. Hard to pay for something when you don't have money.

I'm 33. No younger than the majority here. I'm just straight-forward regarding my opinions and some don't take kindly to that in these here parts.

You would think after two years teaching community college after finishing a Master's degree and two and a half years as a grill closer at a fast food place, I would have matured considerably throughout the decade that was my twenties. You would have thought wrong.
Quote:

Old 07-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #20
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The point I was trying to make is that I'm desperate to just break even on the one I bid on so I can pay for it. Hard to pay for something when you don't have money.

I'm 33. No younger than the majority here. I'm just straight-forward regarding my opinions and some don't take kindly to that in these here parts.

You would think after two years teaching community college after finishing a Master's degree and two and a half years as a grill closer at a fast food place, I would have matured considerably throughout the decade that was my twenties. You would have thought wrong.
I think the lesson to your first point is to make sure you can cover your commitments in the event that something unexpected happens.

YOU made the choice to try to work as a middle man...connecting a seller to an end buyer and making a little money for your efforts. In doing so, you accepted a risk. That risk comes in the form of people backing out of deals for any reason you can think of. If either side backed out of the deal, you'd be on the hook. If the buyer backed out, it's on you to still pay the seller fulfill the agreement you made with the seller. If the seller backs out, it's on you to smooth it over with the end buyer to make sure your reputation isn't tarnished (remember, a bad reputation means fewer customers, which means less money coming in).

That's the risk of operating the way you did. Passing the penalties of that risk to the seller just because eBay gives you X number of strikes before any real action is taken smacks of an unscrupulous person. The seller didn't willingly enter into risky agreement with a third party. Their agreement is with you. Being a man of your word means doing what you say you're going to do, even if that means paying for an item you were buying for someone else even when the buyer flakes on you.

You're entitled to have any opinion you wish. Your opinions aren't the issue here; it's your actions. It's your actions that define your integrity. You can have the opinion that the buyer who backed out is a moron and that it's total bullplop that he put you in a sticky situation so long as your actions reinforce that you're a person with integrity.

Whenever I run into an issue in an online sale, I ask myself...am I acting with integrity? Am I keeping my word? I think if more people did this, online sales problems would dwindle significantly.