The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #61
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This movie has a 98% on rotten tomatoes. It can't really be that amazing, can it? I get the feeling this is very overrated.
"I'm not into this so I can't fathom other people being into it."
Cure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:11 AM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well I haven't seen it yet, I'm just saying the reviews seem extremely high. For something with a 98% makes it seem like it's a flawless masterpiece of a film, which I'm sure it's not.

In terms of kid-centered movies that would mean it's on par with the best Disney films, and I doubt that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:17 AM   #63
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I see on Netflix there's tons of Batman Lego "movies", are those any good? I'm guessing they're cheap DTV's so I don't know if they'll be good or a waste of time.
I saw one playing on Cartoon Network last night, it was pretty awful, and I'm not used to any other Lego Batman voice besides Will Arnett.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #64
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well I haven't seen it yet, I'm just saying the reviews seem extremely high. For something with a 98% makes it seem like it's a flawless masterpiece of a film, which I'm sure it's not.

In terms of kid-centered movies that would mean it's on par with the best Disney films, and I doubt that.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:29 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post

CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #66
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Haha, alright, shut up.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #67
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Saw it today with my wife and son. It had me laughing in the first few minutes. Loved it's constant swipes at the entire Batman franchise.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #68
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Saw it last night, I'm not even a huge a Batman fan but it was both a great Lego/comedy movie and a great Batman movie. So many references to just about every single incarnation of Batman, it was awesome. Can't wait to see it again.

Spoiler:
What's the password? IRON MAN SUCKS
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:47 PM   #69
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

I saw the film and I enjoyed every second of it. It was such a great feel-good family-friendly animated movie. I honestly can't imagine anyone other than Will Arnett voicing Batman in this franchise. Michael Cera was a solid Robin and I'm really glad that Barbara Bordon/Batgirl got to shine in this film. It was also refreshing to see Ralph Finnes voice such a good guy after playing numerous villains. I know that he's now M in the Bond series, but this was great too. The references to the past films and the classic TV show were also some of the big highlights for me. I hope to see it again in the next couple weeks.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #70
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

wow

I just left the movies. I thought you guys were hyping this up.too much but great film. Totally hilarious
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:01 PM   #71
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I saw it with my boyfriend a few weeks ago and enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a bit like the Lego movie in how it followed a basically cliche story ("Aloof Everyman is the Chosen One™" "Closed-off Tough Guy™ learns he needs friends to be happy"), but it was still pretty good. No sign on if it's in continuity with the Lego Movie, anyway. Since there didn't seem to be anything about his breakup with WyldSide.

But anything that has the Joker getting Sauron, Voldemort, and Daleks ("British Robots") to work for him is pretty clever. Safe to say that outside the Lego Universe, that would probably go pretty badly for him . Still a little disappointed that they didn't have Krang and/or Shredder on his side. That would have been incredibly fun.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #72
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
No sign on if it's in continuity with the Lego Movie, anyway.
It is. Towards the beginning where the news reporter is talking about the end of the world and how Joker's bomb will make everyone fall into the abyss or whatever it was called, they show footage from The Lego Movie of Emmet falling down the portal thing (when he has the battery strapped to his back) into the real world.

Also, in that same scene I believe, they're showing how Gotham City is only held up by what looks like a big table. This is, what I'm assuming, a reference to how the entire Lego display in The Lego Movie is built on a big table as well.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #73
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

I went back to see it on Monday, but this time in 3D. It looked really cool. I think probably laughed even more this time around. The voice-cast really did give top-notch performances. My only complaint was that at the beginning of the film some idiot forgot to turn off his phone and it was loud. This really could've been the same person who had their phone on during the first time I saw Furious 7 because it was at the same theater.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:14 PM   #74
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

How The LEGO Batman Movie Should Have Ended:

Old 07-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #75
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Everything GREAT About The Lego Batman Movie:

Tags