The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 11:24 AM   #1981
imevilduckie
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
At this point, I dont even get excited when I see these shipping notifications. Just more disappointment for the money...sigh

QC Issues
Internal Orange box corner smashed. External box fine.
More rattling parts in box
Paint issues on the following parts:
Orange head-paint issue on eyes
Nunchucks- silver paint on both nunchuck handles where the brown wood is
Back of turtle- paint bleed from dark green shell to the brown belt.
Others that I am just too bored to type out...

Positives
Why on earth has no one else ever used flexible rubber for the nunchucks before?!?
Material change for Red head was a GREAT change...when will we get replacement Leo heads? Flexible rubber solved 100% of all fitment issues
Contact support@mondotees.com and they'll take care of you.

I got my Mikey yesterday in perfect condition. Very happy with him.
imevilduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:29 AM   #1982
Chris
Mad Scientist

Got my shipping notice yesterday! Looking forward to Mikey joining his brothers on my shelf
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #1983
Btown
Hench Mutant

so its sounding like Mikey is pretty good compared to the first two?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #1984
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
so its sounding like Mikey is pretty good compared to the first two?
Yes, he is awesome!! They fixed the head issue, which was annoying on the other two.

Also, my Donnie box was damaged and MONDO gladly sent me a brand new box so def contact their customer support if you have any issues as it's top notch.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #1985
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Yes, he is awesome!! They fixed the head issue, which was annoying on the other two.

Also, my Donnie box was damaged and MONDO gladly sent me a brand new box so def contact their customer support if you have any issues as it's top notch.
this is great to hear. I'll more then likely get these. As I said in a previous post, I love the mirage look and the fact that we don't get stuff from that era often just makes me want these more.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:39 PM   #1986
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I was just rearranging all my figures and I noticed the mondo figures share the same exact faces as the NECA turtles. You'd think they'd change it up abit.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:56 PM   #1987
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by imevilduckie View Post
Contact support@mondotees.com and they'll take care of you.

I got my Mikey yesterday in perfect condition. Very happy with him.
Not my first rodeo...I've done this with all 3 turtles that have been released. I am literally done with Mondo after this line is complete.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #1988
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I was just rearranging all my figures and I noticed the mondo figures share the same exact faces as the NECA turtles. You'd think they'd change it up abit.
I made that observation a while back to, nice to finally have someone agree with me
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #1989
Powder
So tired of this place

I said it on like, page 3.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:51 AM   #1990
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

What's all this about flexible 'chucks? When did flexible rubber, the first of all materials to go to crap over time, become a desirable feature on a "high end" figure?
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #1991
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
What's all this about flexible 'chucks? When did flexible rubber, the first of all materials to go to crap over time, become a desirable feature on a "high end" figure?
It's weird to hear the word "high end" associated with MONDO. anyways. I think in this case wood would make a better case than soft rubber.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #1992
Powder
So tired of this place

Yeah, it's high priced but not entirely high end.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #1993
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, it's high priced but not entirely high end.
ZING!

...but yeah-this....sigh

Old 08-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #1994
Coro
Mad Scientist

So I just got my replacement Mikey...and its even worse than last time. This is getting stupid. At this point I am not buying anymore MONDO products...what an utter disappointment. Screw this company...

Orange box smashed inside a pristine shipping box, and a giant black spot on the nose of the orange head. This means they arent even looking at the product before they ship this crap. Couldnt even bother to open the window box on a replacement shipment for someone that had a bad one to begin with.

Screw MONDO

Old 08-18-2017, 03:54 PM   #1995
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
So I just got my replacement Mikey...and its even worse than last time. This is getting stupid. At this point I am not buying anymore MONDO products...what an utter disappointment. Screw this company...

Orange box smashed inside a pristine shipping box, and a giant black spot on the nose of the orange head. This means they arent even looking at the product before they ship this crap. Couldnt even bother to open the window box on a replacement shipment for someone that had a bad one to begin with.

Screw MONDO
I dont believe its Mondo but who makes the product for them. In my experience working at a production plant at the end of the line they should have an auditor to look the product over and inspect for defects if any are foumd they are discarded. Sounds to me like someone is sleeping on the job and allowed bad product through. Now maybe Mondo should look them over themselves before they ship but that could be time consuming when somebody else should have done their job

I dont blame though for 150 you should be getting a damn near perfect figure
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #1996
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
I dont believe its Mondo but who makes the product for them. In my experience working at a production plant at the end of the line they should have an auditor to look the product over and inspect for defects if any are foumd they are discarded. Sounds to me like someone is sleeping on the job and allowed bad product through. Now maybe Mondo should look them over themselves before they ship but that could be time consuming when somebody else should have done their job

I dont blame though for 150 you should be getting a damn near perfect figure
The box I had was clearly opened by Mondo since they had extra packing tape and threw some stickers in there. I guess they didnt bother to open the window box or pay attention to the smashed box that was clearly visible from the top.

*edit: I have heard back from MONDO. I am returning all 3 of my turtles for a full refund. Not willing to put up with this level of cost/toy. Ill be picking up DreamEx Casey instead-and possibly turtles.

Last edited by Coro; 08-21-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #1997
Chris
Mad Scientist

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience Coro. My Mikey arrived today and he's great. I hope you find what you're looking for with the DreamEx line, gotta admit they look really nice and I wouldn't mind a set myself but there's no way I can afford two 1/6 lines.

I do have to agree with Powder though, much as I love these figures they're definitely more high price than high end.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #1998
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

I feel Coro's pain. I just got a replacement Mikey too, and while I'd say he's better than the first one I sent back, he still leaves a lot to be desired. I can probably fix a few little issues with the paint on this replacement but yeah, for $150 I obviously shouldn't be having to.

I'm not frustrated enough to dump them and send them all back like Coro did, but I probably should be after 2 Mikeys that are not up to expectations. My Donnie and Leo were pretty good all things considered, so I guess my luck just ran out on Mikey. At this point I just hope the Raph I initially receive is nice enough to keep and be done.

I've been pretty positive about these until now, but my fears are definitely realized (for me) in that they seem to just be getting sloppier with these in QC terms just to blast them out of a cannon after major delays and hit the finish line as fast as they can. The result is hurting the overall impressions on these even more though, IMO.

I'm definitely not as keen to get more of these as I once was should they continue the line. They'll really have to knock my socks off with a Mirage Casey and Shredder. I've even seen Mikeys on Instagram that actually look WORSE than either of mine have, and yet people are like "Cowabunga, he's great!." Whatevs. LOL
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:37 AM   #1999
Chris
Mad Scientist

It's a real shame that the delays and QC issues combined have pretty much killed all enthusiasm for this line. I remember when it was first announced we were all so excited and wanting the line to go deep with characters like Leatherhead & Triceratons. Now it seems the collective opinion is people just want to finish the Turtles and then they're done.

And I get that. The long delays have been so frustrating and have killed a lot of my enthusiasm. The reports of QC issues make me nervous for each delivery rather than excited. But I love the look and feel of the figures in hand. They're fun to pose and look great together.

Right now I'm guess wave 2 will be it. As long as they look good I'm in for Shredder and 2 Foot Ninjas. Casey I'm 50/50 on. If the line was going strong and more characters were coming then I'd grab him without a second thought, but if the line is ending then I think I'd be more content with a TMNT vs Foot display.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #2000
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I feel ya Chris. It seems like rather than learning something from all this, Mondo are kind of just throwing a band-aid on it all and trying to eek by on the remainder of the releases just to put it all behind them. I'm seriously doubtful we'll even get a Wave 2. With all the negative feedback they've gotten on these and the loads of returns and replacements noted that accompany that drama, they won't even bother I'm guessing. They'd probably get no where near the same amount of orders up front on more of this line, if they got them at all.

And the more I really look at Donnie and Mikey vs. Leo, there's an undeniable quality difference in them, and it honestly doesn't favor the first 2 being "better" or "improved." The overall finishing work on Leo seems much more in line with what one would expect for $150 figure. Paint is nicer, finish seems more professional and less sloppy IMO. Donnie and Mikey feel more like steps down on the whole. It really hit me looking at all 3 of them together last night. And that's unfortunate. These were supposed to get better, not worse lol. But here we are.

My Donnie was ok overall but the finishing work seemed less refined and polished than on Leo. And the "rubber head improvement" so many are praising on Mikey is honestly a huge step down in quality to me. Does it pop on and off much easier? Absolutely. Will it turn to crap down the road as time erodes the material? Again, absolutely. And my first Mikey had TERRIBLE tiny rubber flash across the seam lines on both heads. It's better on the replacement I got, but still kinda there. Just sucks. I wish they'd just stayed with the plastic heads. Ultimately Mikey and Raph will turn to crud over time while Donnie and Leo will hold up.

The more I contemplate all of this now, the more tempted I truly am to send them all back like Coro did and just get a refund on the whole mess.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt