Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I guess my thought process is that it's dumb to be geared up like a ninja 24/7

Let them have some attempts at normalcy, family life, self-expression. Then when it comes time to go above ground and do battle, they dress accordingly.
I guess that'd be fine. Though I don't imagine four guys raised in a sweaty sewer for all their life to grow up and kill a guy would be terribly worried about concepts of "normalcy," "family life," or "self-expression."

Quote:
I mean, if I were truly trying to be stealthy, I wouldn't throw on a red, flowing bandana either.
It's probably like Batman wearing a yellow circle on his chest when that was the only part on his costume that was bulletproof... if you're aiming a gun and the Turtles are darting around in the dark your eye might train on the flowing bandannas and not any fleshy parts.

Or maybe they just look cool.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #22
d_osborn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I guess my thought process is that it's dumb to be geared up like a ninja 24/7

Let them have some attempts at normalcy, family life, self-expression. Then when it comes time to go above ground and do battle, they dress accordingly.

I mean, if I were truly trying to be stealthy, I wouldn't throw on a red, flowing bandana either.
I can see that flowing well with Barron's ideas from the first film, which I'm guessing his mini-series would have loosely followed. They weren't solely raised to kill Shredder-- there was obviously trying to maintain a sense of normalcy.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #23
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I guess that'd be fine. Though I don't imagine four guys raised in a sweaty sewer for all their life to grow up and kill a guy would be terribly worried about concepts of "normalcy," "family life," or "self-expression."

It's probably like Batman wearing a yellow circle on his chest when that was the only part on his costume that was bulletproof... if you're aiming a gun and the Turtles are darting around in the dark your eye might train on the flowing bandannas and not any fleshy parts.

Or maybe they just look cool.
I actually see that as a really endearing part of the characters but I guess that can vary from person to person. The drive to avenge Yoshi's master is high on my list of essential elements too.
But I think it's important that they feel the isolation down there in the sewers. I would never say that their number one mission is to befriend all of New York, but I like the idea that they try and replicate what they see on television and in the city streets, as a way of belonging, or just to give them some visual personality.

Neither Batman's yellow symbol or the red bandana's being a distraction for enemies really hold much water for me. That said, I can suspend my imagination enough, given that they look fantastic.
My only hangup is when we see the turtles constantly hanging around the lair in knee-pads and masks, with weapons holstered. Image, and sometimes Mirage, handled this pretty well for my taste though.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #24
pferreira
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
This is even worse than bay turtles
http://artbrendan.com/portfolio-item...ninja-turtles/
Having looked at the link I'm sure there's been worse.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancelled media