The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 06:02 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

This is the end, my friend...

Alright, so now we have an official date for when all the episodes are out in some capacity, 22nd of September, less than two weeks from now. It's a little premature to post this but it might as well happen now, discuss general opinions on the show as a whole while remaining days go by...

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's not over until the fat lady sings.

It's weird how fast it went by though. I still remember the Nick shows debut way back in 2012....that really was 5 years ago though. It certainly doesn't feel like it. I guess the passage of time as an adult is different. To little kids who grew up with this show it probably felt like a long time for them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #3
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Amen, neatoman.

May you rest in peace, 2k12 TMNT.

Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
BYWInsaniac
Thug

I can't believe it.

118 down, 6 to go.
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

At least it made 124 episodes. Yet another TMNT cartoon that made it over 100 episodes.

I never want to see a TMNT cartoon that ends at only 26 or 52-65 episodes. We are not DC or Marvel.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #7
snake
Disgusting

It was fun! The scheduling problems maybe have affected my opinion of the show, but we had a good run.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah after the last eps air, I'm going to marathon all 124 episodes together over a few weeks so I can refresh my memory of the series and watch everything back to back. That way you see how the show changed and evolved, all the plotlines and character details you might have forgotten, etc.

I may even read the Nick comics IDW put out inbetween my rewatch to add more stories to the overall Nick canon.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:12 AM   #9
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

It was for the best.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:09 AM   #10
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

I remember being jazzed when I went back to school to finesse my animation skills, that I would be learning from someone who was working on the show all the way back in early 2012. I was jealous when someone I knew got on it, and as the years went by I figured I missed my shot to ever be on a show that I enjoyed as a fan.

Come early 2016 and by a stroke of luck I finally got on for the final season. Even got to be on one of the teams that worked 3 episodes compared to 2. It was the most fun and rewarding project I've been on in my four years in the industry.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:38 AM   #11
JH24
Hench Mutant

@Faster and Cheaper

You worked on the final season of this series? That's so cool! What did you have to do? Does this mean when an episode airs you can exactly tell which scenes you've worked on?
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:51 AM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

Just read their post history, they did exactly that in the episode review threads...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 02:51 AM   #13
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
@Faster and Cheaper

You worked on the final season of this series? That's so cool! What did you have to do? Does this mean when an episode airs you can exactly tell which scenes you've worked on?
I just animated my scheduled shots and usually other shots to help out. Also did the cameras too for those shots. Quite a bit of work but fun, challenging, work. And yeah any episode I worked on I can tell you which was mine, I probably have a good idea who did what, and I know which team worked on which episode .

You can go to the episode threads this season and see some cool info that I shared. Any other questions feel free to ask

Edit: what the above poster said lol
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:06 AM   #14
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster and Cheaper View Post
I just animated my scheduled shots and usually other shots to help out. Also did the cameras too for those shots. Quite a bit of work but fun, challenging, work. And yeah any episode I worked on I can tell you which was mine, I probably have a good idea who did what, and I know which team worked on which episode .

You can go to the episode threads this season and see some cool info that I shared. Any other questions feel free to ask

Edit: what the above poster said lol
Thank you for the reply. I'm reading your post history like you and Powder suggested. Wow, it must be like a dream to have a chance working on a series you enjoy as a fan. To be part of a team and to see your work and that of your colleagues on television, and with so many people being able to see it.

In one of your posts you mentioned you've also worked on the finale and even know a bit about the story. I look forward to hear which scenes you've worked on after it has aired.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 04:12 AM   #15
newfan
Mad Scientist

I remember seeing 20 episodes listed for this season and thinking it still seems plenty but when it reaches 20, the extra 6 would feel like more a big deal. I want those extra episodes.

Quote:
I remember being jazzed when I went back to school to finesse my animation skills, that I would be learning from someone who was working on the show all the way back in early 2012. I was jealous when someone I knew got on it, and as the years went by I figured I missed my shot to ever be on a show that I enjoyed as a fan.

Come early 2016 and by a stroke of luck I finally got on for the final season. Even got to be on one of the teams that worked 3 episodes compared to 2. It was the most fun and rewarding project I've been on in my four years in the industry.
That's awsome
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:56 AM   #16
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, it's sad that it's ending so soon, but it was definitely a good run and will be missed. I know that when that final episode airs, I will be crying tears of sadness that it's over and tears of joy that I was able to watch the whole series and stuck by it until the end.

Definitely need to get some of the DVDs I don't have because sooner or later, you won't be able to find them.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

Depending on how the last few eps go, I'm glad that most of the shows plotlines and characters were wrapped up. Only a few minor things about some side characters seem to have no real resolution, but oh well. The 50 year timeskip likely means everyone is dead anyway.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:11 PM   #18
909 Turtle Fan
Hench Mutant

"The west is the best. The west IS THE best. Get here and we'll do the rest"
I really enjoyed this version of the turtle-boys. I'm very great-full for all the happy memories of watching this show with my daughters and everything else that came with the success of the show. Here's to hoping Rise is just as enjoyable

"Breath in the smoke, Oroku Saki, and meditate. Open your mind and all will become clear."-Kitsune, SHotFC #3

"You know what, you're not Leonardo, you're a member of the foot clan. you are a foot clan member! you're not just a member, you're Danny! you're that punk b*tch Danny!"
-Adam, workaholics, teenage mutant ninja roommates
909 Turtle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #19
Vegita-San
Emperor

with what's been rumored to come next.. i can't help but wonder if we'll look back on this show and think 'we didn't know how good we had it then'..

I sure hope not..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:56 PM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Considering most people here love the show, we know darn well how good we've had it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote