The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #21
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Hopefully this will be my last post, this is to just prove and reinforce my point. This is out of Virginia

https://patch.com/virginia/kingstown...onia7845b9ed8c

This is why they were designated as gangs. This is why it is needed. Now that they have been identified as a gang law enforcement can now use the "Rico" statute , bc they are now technically a criminal organization.

In the article law enforcement makes a clear and precise statement segregating law abiding fans of ICP and the juggalos who are committing these disgusting crimes.

It sucks that people have been hurt by this decision, but it is necessary.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #22
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post

Laws shackle good men, but they also punishment bad men.
I disagree with this premise.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #23
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

The detective cautioned that listening to the Insane Clown Posse, or even being a juggalo, does not mean a person is a criminal. “Don’t freak out,” he advised people who might know a juggalo, saying listening to the music does not make a person a criminal.

The detectives said anyone who sees the “Hatchet Man,” an ICP symbol, should report it to Fairfax County police. The image, the silhouette of a running man carrying a hatchet or cleaver, can sometimes be seen on cars, according to the detective. He asked that people send them the license plate numbers of cars with the Hatchet Man logo.

So basically, "Don't freak out, but I'm going to do a background check on you and if you're clean, all I'll do is list you as is "gang affiliated" which will come up in any background check when you try to adopt a kid, buy a house, get a job, etc... Have fun!"

I know you believe the system works, but I'll ask again: Did you even read the stories on the Juggalo March website?

See, that's the thing. You believe that if you're one of the good ones it won't matter since it's designed to weed out the bad ones, but thats not the case. Because of the actions of less than a hundred Juggalos, a hundred thousand of them are being treated as if they committed the crimes themselves.

You also need to consider ICPs fanbase largely consists of young, broke white kids. You know what a lot of young, broke white kids will do regardless of what music they listen to? Criminal behaviour. One doesn't equate the other.

I have a feeling you'd change your tune the second you're targeted as a gang member.

Last edited by Krutch; 09-19-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:47 PM   #24
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
The detective cautioned that listening to the Insane Clown Posse, or even being a juggalo, does not mean a person is a criminal. “Don’t freak out,” he advised people who might know a juggalo, saying listening to the music does not make a person a criminal.

The detectives said anyone who sees the “Hatchet Man,” an ICP symbol, should report it to Fairfax County police. The image, the silhouette of a running man carrying a hatchet or cleaver, can sometimes be seen on cars, according to the detective. He asked that people send them the license plate numbers of cars with the Hatchet Man logo.

So basically, "Don't freak out, but I'm going to do a background check on you and if you're clean, all I'll do is list you as is "gang affiliated" which will come up in any background check when you try to adopt a kid, buy a house, get a job, etc... Have fun!"

I know you believe the system works, but I'll ask again: Did you even read the stories on the Juggalo March website?

See, that's the thing. You believe that if you're one of the good ones it won't matter since it's designed to weed out the bad ones, but thats not the case. Because of the actions of less than a hundred Juggalos, a hundred thousand of them are being treated as if they reported the crimes themselves.

You also need to consider ICPs fanbase largely consists of young, broke white kids. You know what a lot of young, broke white kids will do regardless of what music they listen to? Criminal behaviour. One doesn't equate the other.

I have a feeling you'd change your tune the second you're targeted as a gang member.

Agreed. I can't even stand their music, but even I know this is wrong. It's no different than blaming video games of D&D for some idiot's criminal behavior. The only difference is the form of media. (And fans of Eminem can be just as bad, TBH....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #25
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

If you've done nothing wrong, Citizen, you have nothing to fear!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:33 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Krutch is a criminal, period.
We see through your deceit, you ain't foolin' nobody.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #27
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree that just because a select few of these people may have done bad things it doesn't mean everyone who likes the band should be targeted. I'm not a fan of their music myself, but this is definitely ridiculous. Not sure what the protest will do as I feel people won't listen anyway, but good for them for trying.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #28
snake
Disgusting

Y'know, I'd have no problems with a Juggalo Genocide.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:47 PM   #29
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I haven't heard the term Juggalo in a looooong time. I'm very surprised these guys are still around... I guess diabetes takes longer to kill you than I thought.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
I haven't heard the term Juggalo in a looooong time. I'm very surprised these guys are still around... I guess diabetes takes longer to kill you than I thought.
I dint' even know what a Juggalo was until 2015 or so. Did Insane Clown Posse not achieve much success outside of USA or something? I mean, I was born in 1990. I remember the heyday of bands like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linkin park, etc. quite well, but I have ZERO memories of Insane Clown Posse.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #31
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I dint' even know what a Juggalo was until 2015 or so. Did Insane Clown Posse not achieve much success outside of USA or something? I mean, I was born in 1990. I remember the heyday of bands like Limp Bizkit, Korn, Linkin park, etc. quite well, but I have ZERO memories of Insane Clown Posse.
Yeah I don't have many memories of ICP music as much as I do about them and some professional wrestling things they did back in the late 90's. I think that's when I first heard of them.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:55 AM   #32
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Krutch is a criminal, period.
We see through your deceit, you ain't foolin' nobody.
Busted
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Not sure what the protest will do as I feel people won't listen anyway, but good for them for trying.
ICP said themselves that they don't think the march will actually change anything, but doing nothing would be like saying what the FBI did was okay.

Quote:
ICP was never mainstream; certainly nowhere near the heights of the bands you mentioned. They were never on the radio or featured in any MTV countdowns so you had to go out of your way to listen to them. It's a big reason I never understood the hate they got. I mean, I can understand that the music is total garbage to some but its not like you couldn't escape hearing it unlike Bieber or Miley Cyrus where you're going to hear them whenever you turn on a radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah I don't have many memories of ICP music as much as I do about them and some professional wrestling things they did back in the late 90's. I think that's when I first heard of them.
Yeah, the late 90s was ICP's heyday what with them being in WWF, WCW, and even appearing at Woodstock 99.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 AM   #33
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I do remember some of the pro wrestling stuff they did as they did the theme for The Oddities. I didn't totally hate them, but their music wasn't something I really wanted to listen to.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
They got stone cold stunned by Stone Cold Steve Austin one time iirc.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:40 AM   #35
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
They are very American. They dress like Kevin Smith and worship off-brand soft drink.
ProactiveMan is offline   Reply With Quote