The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What should the next movie be?
a continuation of the Original trilogy/ tmnt 2007 7 15.56%
A completely new reboot not connected to anything before it. 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2017, 12:53 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Which part is especially nonsensical to you?
That MCU films are going to go bust in a couple of years. There aren't even early warning signs of that happening... the opposite, if anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #62
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That MCU films are going to go bust in a couple of years. There aren't even early warning signs of that happening... the opposite, if anything.
Yeah there hasn't been any sort signifigant drop in box office or mostly negative reviews for any of those movies. The Inhumans premiere was a bust but I think it's safe to discount that because it's not really a movie and got a limited release.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah there hasn't been any sort signifigant drop in box office or mostly negative reviews for any of those movies. The Inhumans premiere was a bust but I think it's safe to discount that because it's not really a movie and got a limited release.
Yeah, the Inhumans... thing is much ado about nothing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #64
Spike Spiegel
Hello There!
 
Spike Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: At my desk drawing something
Posts: 2,057
I'd love to see a variety of animated spin off projects--like what Nick has done with their one-off animated TMNT shorts, but with movies instead.

The kiddies could have their version in the 2012 show/Rise, and there'd be a variety of different iterations for everyone else.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:36 PM   #65
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,153
Everyone keeps suggesting that Nick "play the field" and offer media for both kiddies and older teens (and up), but that's not gonna happen. Not now, maybe never.

Nick is content to take the grade school slice of the money pie, but we've seen NOTHING to indicate they want to try to "break bad" and make it in the older teen crowd.

I mean, c'mon. This is the age of playing the field... Marvel has kiddie cartoons and toys, mainstream teen movies and merch, and adult collectibles and Netflix shows.

If Nick wanted to get into that mode of business, they'd have already done so.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:09 PM   #66
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,797
Like it or not they tried their "appeal to nostalgia" with the PD movies and they're not making a new chapter of an old movie. The only thing left is making an animated movie aimed at kids and we won't get that version for a few years. Best we can hope for another live action movie aimed at kids and adults is in many many years.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Preferably a reboot, but if they decided to go sequel, go sequel to the original movie only, like how Jurassic Park did with Jurassic World.
Jurassic World is not a reboot or ignore the other sequels, it's a direct sequel to the first three movies.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:20 PM   #67
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,556
How about the fact that they aren't really shared universes. All if Marvel and all of DC have always been their own universe.

A real shared universe/crossover would be something like Men in Black meeting Ghostbusters. Or hell, the Avengers teaming up with the Justice League.
__________________
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspot.com/ Our blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits our mind. Also a member of the Heroes in a Halfact Podcast series.
our video game review Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameMasters09
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #68
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,820
AvengersJustice League isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. They did several crossover stories back in the 80's I think it was, with the likes of Supes/Hulk, Batman/Spider-Man, and a few other team-ups.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #69
eskater
Foot Soldier
 
eskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
AvengersJustice League isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility. They did several crossover stories back in the 80's I think it was, with the likes of Supes/Hulk, Batman/Spider-Man, and a few other team-ups.
It's still highly improbable though
__________________
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
eskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #70
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Utter nonsense.
How? Ever hear of saturation? I already hear people online complaining about superhero film fatigue.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:26 AM   #71
Sumac
Stone Warrior
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
How? Ever hear of saturation? I already hear people online complaining about superhero film fatigue.
I've heard people complaining about that 2 years ago and...?
__________________
Let's add some poison, shall we?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
How? Ever hear of saturation? I already hear people online complaining about superhero film fatigue.
And, Pedro...? They're sure not complaining with their wallets.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #73
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,713
a proper reboot of the Tmnt film franchise should be what we've never gotten before (nor probably ever will)

it needs to be a complete overhaul starting from the very beginning, sticking as closely to the original Mirage comics as possible.

.....that's just my own two cents.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #74
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
How? Ever hear of saturation? I already hear people online complaining about superhero film fatigue.
I've heard complaints about superhero films since 2002. It'll happen eventually, because fads go away eventually. But there are no signs of it happening yet.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:50 AM   #75
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I've heard complaints about superhero films since 2002. It'll happen eventually, because fads go away eventually. But there are no signs of it happening yet.
When something is very popular, there are always a lot of people complaining, some of them just for the sake of complaining.
__________________
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #76
Weapons@theready
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Jurassic World is not a reboot or ignore the other sequels, it's a direct sequel to the first three movies.
It's actually just a direct sequel to the first movie according to director Colin Treverrow. While it doesn't do anything to discredit the fact that the 2nd and 3rd movies happened, it can stand as a direct sequel since it doesn't have any plots related to the other two movies.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #77
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I've heard people complaining about that 2 years ago and...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And, Pedro...? They're sure not complaining with their wallets.
The point is if you milk something for all it's worth eventually people get bored of it because there's too much of it unless you do something to change it up. There's only so many A-list superheroes you can make films from going you have to start adapting C list ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
When something is very popular, there are always a lot of people complaining, some of them just for the sake of complaining.
I don't know. I see legit complaints. Take a popular game series that gets yearly releases and people complain about these endless sequels that don't do anything new each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
I've heard complaints about superhero films since 2002. It'll happen eventually, because fads go away eventually. But there are no signs of it happening yet.
Okay.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #78
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 683
First, there are always people who say these things. "They've milked this. They've milked that." It's hardly an original argument and it has been around for a long time. People have been claiming that Hollywood is unoriginal for decades, insinuating that it was at some point original.

Second, they are not facts, just opinions.

Third, if opinions had a valid impact on the box office, Michael Bay would be managing a Burger King instead of making his trademark bloated, obnoxious movies.

Fourth, saturation is an illusion. What we are dealing with are people who can't see past the major trends and only pay attention to the most marketed films. They look at the 8 or so biggest films of the year, ignore the dozens of others, and whine, "this all Hollywood makes!" and then claim they are not being sheep like everyone else who see these movies, when in fact those are the only movies they willingly pay attention to. There's a lot more variety out there if you actually look for it. Of course, generally these kinds of people also claim superhero movies are devoid of intelligence, yet when they see a film that is bold, thought-provoking, etc., they claim it's boring. Funny how that works.

Finally, these movies (or at least a majority of them) are still making money. It's also worth noting that they have taken risks with a lot of these major films. Civil War is pretty subversive at times and has a final act that I guarantee would have been changed had the film been made years prior.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 09-28-2017 at 07:45 PM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:26 AM   #79
eskater
Foot Soldier
 
eskater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Third, if opinions had a valid impact on the box office, Michael Bay would be managing a Burger King instead of making his trademark bloated, obnoxious movies.

Fourth, saturation is an illusion. What we are dealing with are people who can't see past the major trends and only pay attention to the most marketed films. They look at the 8 or so biggest films of the year, ignore the dozens of others, and whine, "this all Hollywood makes!" and then claim they are not being sheep like everyone else who see these movies, when in fact those are the only movies they willingly pay attention to. There's a lot more variety out there if you actually look for it. Of course, generally these kinds of people also claim superhero movies are devoid of intelligence, yet when they see a film that is bold, thought-provoking, etc., they claim it's boring. Funny how that works.
Bay managing a Burger King sounds like a fantasy I once had
I do agree that there is a lot more going on in the industry people like to admit to, I mean half the time when people watch the Oscars it'll be the first time they've even heard of most of the films that are put up for nomination.
__________________
Fortuna Favet Fortibus
eskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #80
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskater View Post
Bay managing a Burger King sounds like a fantasy I once had
I do agree that there is a lot more going on in the industry people like to admit to, I mean half the time when people watch the Oscars it'll be the first time they've even heard of most of the films that are put up for nomination.
And a lot of those titles were out there waiting to be discovered by those who claim to love movies, yet only seem to pay attention to those unoriginal, brand-name films they claim to despise.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.