The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 07:44 PM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Man, it SUCKS to be Will.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #22
ToTheNines
[sic]

FINALLY watched this after about a year of many people haranguing me to do so lol. I loved it!

Brown didn't have to display a particularly wide range of emotions, but she really nailed it as Eleven. She was my favorite character, but they were all great. Also loved the TMNT-esque dynamic between the boys, even if Will was just Donatello by default lol. Looks like he'll be a bigger part of season 2 though, so that's cool.

I was also pleased to hear that the Duffer Brothers plan to end it with season 4. I like my stories to have a definitive end, and I hate it when TV show either go on too long or get dropped before the creative team is ready to seal it all up.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #23
sdp
-

I still feel it should've been an anthology series with each season doing something different. Still, I'll be all over S2.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #24
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I still feel it should've been an anthology series with each season doing something different. Still, I'll be all over S2.
How would you have had them anthologize it? Other stories inspired by real-life shady military/CIA experiments and their aftermath or what?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #25
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
How would you have had them anthologize it? Other stories inspired by real-life shady military/CIA experiments and their aftermath or what?
A twilight zone type of show where each episode can be anything they want, they can keep the whole retro theme.

The ending left me happy, it was a twist ending and I don't really feel like I need to know more about this specific universe.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Can we agree that Matthew Modine's character is definitely still alive? We never saw him die, nor did we see a body.

And they definitely left it open for more. We know next to nothing about the Upside Down or what those creature things even are. It's not even clear how the Upside Down works... if I punch a hole in my wall, is there suddenly a hole in the Upside Down? What happens in reality if I damage structures in the Upside Down? Alternately, if I'm in the Upside Down in a bathroom going #1, and in the real world, someone uses that bathroom and slams the seat down, does that mean bad times for me? Alternately, if I'm going #2 in the Upside Down and someone in the real world flips the seat up... do I, like, go flying through the wall behind me? What are the rules?

I was hoping the Upside Down was actually a post-apocalyptic future after a War of the Worlds-like invasion, but that's clearly not what it is.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Can we agree that Matthew Modine's character is definitely still alive? We never saw him die, nor did we see a body.

And they definitely left it open for more. We know next to nothing about the Upside Down or what those creature things even are. It's not even clear how the Upside Down works... if I punch a hole in my wall, is there suddenly a hole in the Upside Down? What happens in reality if I damage structures in the Upside Down? Alternately, if I'm in the Upside Down in a bathroom going #1, and in the real world, someone uses that bathroom and slams the seat down, does that mean bad times for me? Alternately, if I'm going #2 in the Upside Down and someone in the real world flips the seat up... do I, like, go flying through the wall behind me? What are the rules?

I was hoping the Upside Down was actually a post-apocalyptic future after a War of the Worlds-like invasion, but that's clearly not what it is.
Matthew Modine's character is only still alive if Modine wants to return. (And he'd be crazy not to!)

I definitely want to see more of the Upside Down... that, for me, was the standout for the show. So much more to explore and explain...
Old 09-20-2017, 11:20 AM   #28
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
A twilight zone type of show where each episode can be anything they want, they can keep the whole retro theme.

The ending left me happy, it was a twist ending and I don't really feel like I need to know more about this specific universe.
It sounds like you just want to watch an anthology show. If you've already seen The Twilight Zone, check out The Outer Limits, Tales from the Crypt, Tales from the Darkside, or Monsters.

I like that Duffer brothers are building a mythology within Stranger Things, and that it is at least somewhat inspired by (what some kooky people claim to be) real events.

Quote:
Oh he's definitely out there somewhere...

Quote:

Yeah I hope we learn more about how the Upside Down works this season. It's only about a month away now I think
Old 09-29-2017, 06:24 PM   #29
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Stranger Things Will Likely Continue Past Season 4
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/89...-past-season-4

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #30
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Old 10-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #31
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Looks like you almost got your wish, sdp

Stranger Things Was Nearly an Anthology Series, Before Everyone Else Got on the Bandwagon

That could've been cool, but I'm glad things turned out the way they did. The story told in Season 1 was definitely good enough to deserve a continuation.

Spoiler:

uʍop ǝpᴉsd∩ ǝɥʇ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝM
Old 10-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #32
sdp
-

Well I'm still hyped for season 2 though since I had a blast with the first season, I just don't think the answers they'll slowly be revealing will be as good as what we may imagine.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #33
raph27
Mad Scientist

Finally started it a while back and just finished season one today. I loved the season, can't wait to see what happens next!
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:01 AM   #34
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I am excited for season two of Stranger Things, but I am also a little concerned, because the trailers were very light on Hopper punching people, which, as we all know, are the best moments of season one.

If Hollywood ever decides to do its whitewashing thing again, as they do, and remake Fists of Fury, they should just have Jim Hopper as the main character. Don't even explain it. He's just in Thailand now, punching drug smugglers in an ice factory. Only he survives.

Quote:
That could've been cool, but I'm glad things turned out the way they did. The story told in Season 1 was definitely good enough to deserve a continuation.
Same. I like the cast and would like to follow them longer, so I'm glad this didn't turn anthology. That said, if they want to turn it into an anthology after the four or five seasons with this cast they plan on, or do another show set in the same world, I'll be right there.

Last edited by dl316bh; 10-22-2017 at 01:33 AM.
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #35
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Season 2 Predictions from CBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I am excited for season two of Stranger Things, but I am also a little concerned, because the trailers were very light on Hopper punching people, which, as we all know, are the best moments of season one.
At least we'll get to see David Harbour punching people (and monsters!) as Hellboy when that movie comes out in 2019
Old 10-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Finish my Season 1 marathon tonight, start my Season 2 marathon tomorrow...

All I'm missing are the Eggo waffles!
Old 10-26-2017, 03:05 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Finish my Season 1 marathon tonight, start my Season 2 marathon tomorrow...

All I'm missing are the Eggo waffles!
I'm at the same point just about, got the last two episodes of S1 to rewatch today so I'm fresh for S2 tomorrow. I'll probably only get to watch an episode or two tomorrow but I'll probably be almost done by the end of the weekend.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:12 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Working on Ep4 right now... maaaaaaaan, it SUCKS to be Will.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #39
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm slowly moving through it myself, on episode three

Spoiler:
And El's mom died, what the sh*t?! when did that happen???
Old 10-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #40
Shark_Blade
Emperor

First episode is kinda boring aside from Kfc and the game arcade. I hope to see Barb back, I dunno.

On to 2nd Ep.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonna cis my pants, stranger cucks, stranger gays