The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #301
Powder
So tired of this place

It'd seem unfair to Matt at this point, really. If they wanted to do a Steve/DJ fanservice thing, why even build up the other guy? At least just get it done in season one if that's how it's gonna be.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #302
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It'd seem unfair to Matt at this point, really. If they wanted to do a Steve/DJ fanservice thing, why even build up the other guy? At least just get it done in season one if that's how it's gonna be.
Exactly.

but, I have a slight feeling, its going to happen. They're so in your face with it.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #303
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Late to the party as always, but binged season 3 yesterday. I wish the shows could add a few more minutes, but then again, I'm used to watching hour long shows.
I was mad at the cliffhanger ending, I really wanted one more episode, just one.
I know they have the history and all, but I'm not rooting for Steve here.
I think it came off the wrong way in the first half of season one. It seemed like he had no regard for her husband's passing in the premiere, telling her when she is ready they should go out again. Then in the episode at the Giants game he referred to her as "his woman" when she was there with Matt and her family. After that the character reverted back to an older version of what we knew him as. The only reason they are not together is the one guarantee in a reunion was D.J. and Steve would be married, but wait there was a need for a full blown sequel series. That meant D.J. would be the one it would center around and that would leave Steve dead. Steve was too popular to be dead so the creative team made up a firefighter D.J. would have dated while at Berkeley and Steve only took D.J. on a one off date to her senior prom instead of getting back together as Full House indicated in its final scene. To get them together it was done in poor taste to begin with but changed to favor them better as the show progressed.

Neighbors predicted this long and widening road that a sequel series created instead of a television movie. Matt can have C.J.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #304
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The other night I watched "Declarations of Independence" and:

Spoiler:
Danny is now divorced. Then I did some research and learned that Gail Edwards will be reprising her role as Vicky for this season. However, it will only be a guest appearance to give their relationship a more proper closure.

Quote:
For those “Fuller House” fans who have been along for the ride since “Full House” first premiered, the third season will also set out to provide more proper closure for Danny and his ex Vicky’s (Gail Edwards) relationship. “I wasn’t there for that, that’s not my fault,” Franklin says of how the couple ended their relationship when Vicky took her dream job in New York in the seventh season. “We’re righting some wrongs this season!”
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/full...an-1202559872/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #305
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The other night I watched "Declarations of Independence" and:

Spoiler:
Danny is now divorced. Then I did some research and learned that Gail Edwards will be reprising her role as Vicky for this season. However, it will only be a guest appearance to give their relationship a more proper closure.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/full...an-1202559872/

Spoiler:
I knew she was slated to appear and could not figure out what the point would be unless it would be a chance meeting with D.J. that might direct her to Steve, seeing she had a chance with him as Danny did not with Vicky. Why have him divorce Teri and Vicky show up? It seems like a set up for them to be able to be together. Even if its just for one episode in the back half of the season. Unless Franklin goes the route of Joey and his college sweetheart showing their compatibility was limited to particular time in their lives. I did not see Danny's divorce coming. I do not see the point of Teri for one scene and two lines that sounds like Vicky. Lack of creative direction? Fans preferred him with Vicky? Its a 180 and has a retcon as it suggested she was only around for the house party before the three went to Los Angeles yet she would have been at the Tanner house for some time especially while D.J. was back under Dany's roof following Tommy's unexpected death.

I just found this podcast series if anyone is interested.
http://fullerhousepodcast.com/

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 10-03-2017 at 07:12 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #306
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The trailer for Season 3B is here.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/11/fuller-h...trailer-tokyo/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #307
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So I watched it.
Spoiler:
Key points:

No wedding happens as expected. There is a lot of hijinks involved. Matt needs space and leaves the clinic to DJ.

I wanted to know the fate of the Smash Club. At some point Jesse sold it and it was converted into a laundry mat. Jesse and Joey bought it bqck to restore to its former glory.

Danny and Becky lose their national show because of a money issue. Becky returns to the San Franscisco station while Danny remains unemployed. Vicky Larson returns having been tracked down by DJ to get him out of his funk and out of the house. They talked for a little while and went to the Smash Club preview together. It didn't seem like closure. Not much dialogue from Vicky, just trying to figure out what Danny has been up to. In her second scene at the Smash Club I don't think she had a line. I was expecting them not to get together, but I think its like the initial awkwardness with Steve. It should straight out if a 4th season is approved. Danny is without a job so would he and Vicky work together?

Steve is offered a position to be on the Lakers medical staff for a season, but he turns it down because DJ is more important. DJ takes the job for Steve against his wishes, but they are still together. The 4 adults are in San Francisco while Steve is in L.A. for a six months stretch.

Lola moves away and pushing punkish Rocki and scatterbrained Jackson together seems so forced. I don't care what happens with the younger generation's love interest. Its just so obvious.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 12-22-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #308
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Lola moves away and pushing punkish Rocki and scatterbrained Jackson together seems so forced. I don't care what happens with the younger generation's love interest. Its just so obvious.
[/SPOILER]
Spoiler:
And don't forget. Stephanie is now going to be a mom thanks to Kimmie being a surrogate since Steph can't carry a baby to full term.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:22 PM   #309
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spoiler:
That dialogue with Jimmy wanting to go back to the fertility clinic again for his birthday because of "good feelings" and the foot fetish sequence made me feel uncomfortable. It is odd that they are not talking marriage, but Stephanie and Jimmy are having a baby. Not only that, but Kimmy is carrying her brother's child. I know, 2017 and all that but it does not speak to Full House as its a family based show.

With Vicky and Smash Club surfacing, is only Michelle's friends we have not seen?

I just saw a promo for a Full House marathon on Hallmark Channel on New Years Day.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #310
Powder
So tired of this place

I enjoyed it. Seems like the finale set things up so that there will be a lot more of the "3 Dads" in a fourth season. If so, I'm pumped. It's pretty good as is, but WAY better when they're around.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:09 AM   #311
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I enjoyed it. Seems like the finale set things up so that there will be a lot more of the "3 Dads" in a fourth season. If so, I'm pumped. It's pretty good as is, but WAY better when they're around.
Danny's status quo was left up in the air. Do you think he will find employment working alongside his very special guest?
Old 12-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #312
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Any episodes featuring the "three dads and Becky" are really good and popular on Fuller House. Now that the episodes without them are bad or anything. As with any show, there will be the odd clunker.
Spoiler:
This was an interesting tactic this half season to not include any of them until the last two episodes. I'll ignore any doom and gloom talk saying the show is over now that they're back where they started. It will be interesting to see where they take it since Granny Tanny was supposed to move back in the old show and we never saw her again.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 02:17 PM   #313
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Claire moved into an apartment in the neighborhood, but yes despite that she was never seen again.

I did find it odd that Jesse's parents never showed up again outside of the second season where they were reoccurring with exception to one line each in The Wedding Part 2. I thought they might interact with the twins aside from the unseen character of Becky's Aunt Ida. Nick did show up to babysit Tommy during the trip to Japan,but minor spoiler...we never saw the ladies come back to greet Nick and find out if Nick and Irene divorced or if Irene had passed away. Maybe Jeff Franklin can fill us in on the minor bit.

I do wonder how the ratings are. It was sky high the first season, but were down noticeably the second with no data yet on the third.

Speaking of continuation I feel that it needs a fourth,but beyond that? I would not care. I am curious of Danny's story-line and want to see other little things like the Smash Club at its former glory and have Nicky and Alex meet Pamela.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #314
Powder
So tired of this place

I'd be happy with a 4th that ties things up & gives us more father focus. Beyond that, extra would be welcome but not necessary.

If things are left as they are I'll forever wonder what would've been, concerning the finale set-ups. Though it'd be a much better send-off than Michelle's amnesia, that's for sure.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #315
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Aunt Ida was mentioned several times but did appear only one, in the fifth season after the twins were born. The side plot there was Becky and Jesse preparing the baby twins for their first big road trip and spent so much time doing so that Aunt Ida showed up just as they were finally ready to leave.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:15 AM   #316
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

just finished season 3 part B I loved it. This show is so well done I want a 4th Season. There is so much 4th wall breaking I keep expecting to see Deadpool.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:05 AM   #317
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

This show at least needs a fourth season to tie up all it's loose ends.

- Steve needs to purpose to Dj

- Danny / Vicky need to get officially together and have a job again

I don't see the reason to bring the original cast back, there going to take away things from the new cast. If Danny does move back into the house that will be just odd. Danny and Joey need to loose weight before season four starts

Jackson needs more focus, out of all her kids I like him the best. I wish his character was as developed as Dj got in the later seasons. We watched her evolve from a kid into an adult on Full House, Jackson should get the same treatment
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:50 AM   #318
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Danny will be at work all day anyday and who knows what else in the evenings. It's still his house, but I imagine he doesn't want to constantly rain on the parade if he doesn't have to. Mind you, with a new baby on the way, Grandpa Danny could come in handy for sure!! As long as he doesn't go crazy like he did with Nicky and Alex.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #319
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
This show at least needs a fourth season to tie up all it's loose ends.

- Steve needs to purpose to Dj

- Danny / Vicky need to get officially together and have a job again

I don't see the reason to bring the original cast back, there going to take away things from the new cast. If Danny does move back into the house that will be just odd. Danny and Joey need to loose weight before season four starts

Jackson needs more focus, out of all her kids I like him the best. I wish his character was as developed as Dj got in the later seasons. We watched her evolve from a kid into an adult on Full House, Jackson should get the same treatment
I think he gets enough focus,but his desperation for a romantic relationship needs to change just how Steve coming on to DJ in the early episodes of Fuller House. It changed for the better. It is funny how Lola was written off just like that and they are putting him with Gia's daughter. Speaking of Gia, wasn't she said to be a "soccer mom" in season 2 which I assumed meant she was married and had multiple children. This season she is depicted as a tramp who got pregnant by a random guy thus Rocki.

As much as I would like to see Steve and DJ marry it is a must for Stephanie if she having a kid. Maybe its just me, but it seems like an odd choice for the show.

I assume Danny's storyline was left open for another season as in he will probably be working with Vicky. I do question creative on why Franklin and company had him remarry Teri instead of Vicky and when they chose to go the unexpected route why not play it out instead of throwing a stranger into the Tanner living room to speak one line in one extended scene and that be it. Was there a fan backlash and that is why Teri was regulated and we Vicky( as I was expecting in the first episode)?

As to why they were brought back to San Francisco, Jeff Franklin believed it silly to bring in the four of them with a suitcase and come up with an excuse for them to be present when they are always willing. Think of the second episode which Jesse left a guitar behind and needed to pick it up before driving to his new home in Los Angeles as an example. I am not for or against them being in San Francisco now, it was necessary to remove them so the dynamic could play out.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 01-01-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Tags
full house