The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 05:58 PM   #301
Powder
Endless Screw

It'd seem unfair to Matt at this point, really. If they wanted to do a Steve/DJ fanservice thing, why even build up the other guy? At least just get it done in season one if that's how it's gonna be.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #302
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It'd seem unfair to Matt at this point, really. If they wanted to do a Steve/DJ fanservice thing, why even build up the other guy? At least just get it done in season one if that's how it's gonna be.
Exactly.

but, I have a slight feeling, its going to happen. They're so in your face with it.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #303
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Late to the party as always, but binged season 3 yesterday. I wish the shows could add a few more minutes, but then again, I'm used to watching hour long shows.
I was mad at the cliffhanger ending, I really wanted one more episode, just one.
I know they have the history and all, but I'm not rooting for Steve here.
I think it came off the wrong way in the first half of season one. It seemed like he had no regard for her husband's passing in the premiere, telling her when she is ready they should go out again. Then in the episode at the Giants game he referred to her as "his woman" when she was there with Matt and her family. After that the character reverted back to an older version of what we knew him as. The only reason they are not together is the one guarantee in a reunion was D.J. and Steve would be married, but wait there was a need for a full blown sequel series. That meant D.J. would be the one it would center around and that would leave Steve dead. Steve was too popular to be dead so the creative team made up a firefighter D.J. would have dated while at Berkeley and Steve only took D.J. on a one off date to her senior prom instead of getting back together as Full House indicated in its final scene. To get them together it was done in poor taste to begin with but changed to favor them better as the show progressed.

Neighbors predicted this long and widening road that a sequel series created instead of a television movie. Matt can have C.J.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #304
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

The other night I watched "Declarations of Independence" and:

Spoiler:
Danny is now divorced. Then I did some research and learned that Gail Edwards will be reprising her role as Vicky for this season. However, it will only be a guest appearance to give their relationship a more proper closure.

Quote:
For those “Fuller House” fans who have been along for the ride since “Full House” first premiered, the third season will also set out to provide more proper closure for Danny and his ex Vicky’s (Gail Edwards) relationship. “I wasn’t there for that, that’s not my fault,” Franklin says of how the couple ended their relationship when Vicky took her dream job in New York in the seventh season. “We’re righting some wrongs this season!”
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/full...an-1202559872/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #305
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The other night I watched "Declarations of Independence" and:

Spoiler:
Danny is now divorced. Then I did some research and learned that Gail Edwards will be reprising her role as Vicky for this season. However, it will only be a guest appearance to give their relationship a more proper closure.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/full...an-1202559872/

Spoiler:
I knew she was slated to appear and could not figure out what the point would be unless it would be a chance meeting with D.J. that might direct her to Steve, seeing she had a chance with him as Danny did not with Vicky. Why have him divorce Teri and Vicky show up? It seems like a set up for them to be able to be together. Even if its just for one episode in the back half of the season. Unless Franklin goes the route of Joey and his college sweetheart showing their compatibility was limited to particular time in their lives. I did not see Danny's divorce coming. I do not see the point of Teri for one scene and two lines that sounds like Vicky. Lack of creative direction? Fans preferred him with Vicky? Its a 180 and has a retcon as it suggested she was only around for the house party before the three went to Los Angeles yet she would have been at the Tanner house for some time especially while D.J. was back under Dany's roof following Tommy's unexpected death.

I just found this podcast series if anyone is interested.
http://fullerhousepodcast.com/

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 10-03-2017 at 07:12 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full house