The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #41
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
All I want is this...

Old Ghostbusters pass torch to new Ghostbusters. They could've done that with the 2016 film. It's a good premise
But they needn't just fade back into the shadows entirely. Ray could be the equivalent of their Alfred, and they could round up Peter and Winston for the "main event" at the end.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 07:19 AM   #42
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Mannnn, that will be freaking sweet. I hope Santolouco gets to do artist duties whenever IDW gets to the big Pantheon grand finale
Asuming that is the arc leading up to and including #100, I'm sure it'll be him. Unless he's been snatched up by Marvel/DC by then, which I can't believe hasn't happened yet.

Anyways, the 1984/2016 Ghosbusters crossover kicked off last Wednesday. Here's a little writeup and some preview pages: http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2017/03/2...tbusters-101-1
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #43
Fozzy Badfeet
Random Punk

I have yet to see the newest movie. Is it even worth checking out?
Fozzy Badfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:03 AM   #44
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy Badfeet View Post
I liked it. I think it's better then GBII, but it does suffer from "Blockbuster Formula" by being too bombastic for it's own good.
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:47 PM   #45
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Quote:
its worth checking out if you like to torture yourself with middle age women who aren't funny. Kate mckinnon being the exception as she was the only tolerable part

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #46
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

The only real fault I can give GB'16 is it's a reboot. I'm not against reboots but this was a very specific situation being in limbo so long. Would have been very easy to at least make it a soft sequel.

Just turn the business over. Movie could have remained basically the same. It could have started with them already having inherited the company trying to figure things out. No need for a "passing the torch" scene.

Judging on its own merits I was worried the humor would be over the top. Being PG-13 helped. I thought it was good except for Kevin. He's not funny just dumb.

I know people liked Kate McKinnon. I like her too but her Holtzmann character seemed a bit forced at times. Maybe that's just me.

Again I wish the equipment was elaborated on but it was nice seeing a prototype before the backpacks. The extra weapons like the proton-glove were kinda cool.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:30 AM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Judging on its own merits I was worried the humor would be over the top. Being PG-13 helped. I thought it was good except for Kevin. He's not funny just dumb.
Yeah. I think the whole discussion was literally, "Let's get THOR! And have him act REALLY DUMB! People will laugh hysterically!"

No.

Quote:
I know people liked Kate McKinnon. I like her too but her Holtzmann character seemed a bit forced at times. Maybe that's just me.
She could have been great in a better Ghostbusters movie. Adlibbing is great, but there actually has to be something on the page, and substance to the character.

Quote:
Again I wish the equipment was elaborated on but it was nice seeing a prototype before the backpacks. The extra weapons like the proton-glove were kinda cool.
Though it all seemed to make them Ghost Annihilators, and not Ghostbusters. They successfully caught a grand total of one ghost in the whole movie, then let it go.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:24 AM   #48
Wildcat
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Though it all seemed to make them Ghost Annihilators, and not Ghostbusters. They successfully caught a grand total of one ghost in the whole movie, then let it go.
I don't mind if they seem more like "Annihilators". New gadgets and stuff was something I wanted and it was nice to see. They hadn't built the containment unit yet.

The scene with Bill Murray when they let the ghost out was one of my favorites. I don't know if they meant it this way but it was funny that he was trying to disprove them and the ghost attacked him...since in real life he was against doing another movie.

I thought it was funny he called the ghost trap a thermos. It does resemble one.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:52 AM   #49
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
It's worth a redbox rental if you're a Ghosbusters fan. The cameos were mostly awful though, so don't get excited about seeing the original cast.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:43 PM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Wow, now there's a new show coming too
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:13 PM   #51
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Yeesh, when will it stop?

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #52
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Netflix has the first 5 seasons of The Real Ghostbusters ready for streaming. so that's good news

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-31-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:41 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
That's old news from June of last year. We already know about that cartoon.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:40 AM   #54
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I wish they'd do a film based off the game that was supposed to be kind of like the third film since Bill Murry wouldn't return to make it, man did they make it awesome. If they are going with Animation this time, why not? I'm sure the Ghost Busters fandom would love it.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #55
The Deadman
Mad Scientist

Animated ‘Ghostbusters’ Story to Be Told From a Ghost’s Perspective?

Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote