The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #15541
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Impact Wrestling Planning to Tape TV in Major Markets Like New York, Toronto. & Chicago

Impact Wrestling Reportedly Interested in Sami Callihan

WWE Reportedly Interested in Fred Yehi

More Details on Lucha Underground Getting 4th Season & Talent Appearing on Impact

Former TNA Investors Aroluxe to Start a Lucha Themed Promotion – Vince Russo May Be Involved

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #15543
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Ugh, Russo. He's like a recurring cancer on wrestling. He just shows up where he's not wanted, does a bunch of damage, he's chemo'd away, gone for long enough that you think you're in the clear, then bam, Russo.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:33 AM   #15544
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Ugh, Russo. He's like a recurring cancer on wrestling. He just shows up where he's not wanted, does a bunch of damage, he's chemo'd away, gone for long enough that you think you're in the clear, then bam, Russo.
As long as wrestling journalist sites give him attention as well as us, Russo's never going away. To think with assistance with McMahon he launched a lot of key elements in the Attitude Era and is now toxic as all hell.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #15545
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Shinsuke Nakamura should just ask for his release and go anywhere else. Back to New Japan, whatever. That was a f***ing joke.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #15546
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

*goes to check results of Hell in a Cell thus far*

Spoiler:
WWE, you will always be apart of my childhood, but really? You're gonna have the man with the worst win-loss record before becoming WWE Champion keep the title still and beat an international superstar clean?

I... have no words. Jinder Mahal finally got a clean win... over Shinsuke Nakamura. The same Nakamura who has beaten both John Cena and Randy Orton clean in a month's span, the latter who Mahal couldn't beat without interference. Unbelievable.

Last edited by GoldMutant; 10-08-2017 at 08:45 PM.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:46 AM   #15547
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler:
Sami Zayn turning into Owen's lackey has legs...was very concerned about Shane and Kevin on top of the cell, thought for sure the power bomb would have sent Shane right through.

Loved that Shane's kids could'nt even look mad at Kevin while he beat on their dad
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #15548
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I hope he doesn't become a lackey. I was hoping it's more like 'I may hate you, but Shane took it too far'.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #15549
The Deadman
Foot Elite

NJPW King of Pro Wrestling
Spoiler:

– SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI defeated Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Leo Tonga @ 6:55 via pin [**]
– Toru Yano and Hirooki Goto defeated Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr. @ 9:25 via countout [**½]
– IWGP Jr. Tag Team Title Match: Roppongi 3K defeated Champions Ryusuke Taguchi and Ricochet @ 13:55 via pin [***½]
– IWGP Tag Team Title Tornado Rules Elimination Match: Champions Killer Elite Squad defeated War Machine & The Guerrillas of Destiny @ 16:21 via pin [***]
– Kenny Omega, Cody and Marty Scurll defeated YOSHI-HASHI, Beretta and Jado @ 13:49 via submission [**¼]
– Kota Ibushi and Juice Robinson defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi and Togi Makabe @ 10:28 via pin [***]
– IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Will Ospreay defeated Champion KUSHIDA @ 15:45 via pin [****¼]
– WrestleKingdom 12 Briefcase Match: G1 Winner Tetsuya Naito defeated Tomohiro Ishii @ 24:05 via pin [****½]
– IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Champion Kazuchika Okada defeated EVIL @ 33:24 via pin [***]

WWE Hell in a Cell
Spoiler:

– Kickoff Match: Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable defeated The Hype Bros @ 10:38 via pin [***]
– SD Tag Team Title HIAC Match: The Usos defeated Champions The New Day (Woods & Big E) @ 23:03 via pin [****¾]
– Randy Orton defeated Rusev @ 11:40 via pin [**½]
– WWE US Title Match: Baron Corbin defeated Champion AJ Styles and Tye Dillinger @ 19:43 via pin [***]
– WWE SD Women’s Title Match: Charlotte defeated Champion Natalya @ 12:25 via DQ [**½]
– WWE Title Match: Champion Jinder Mahal defeated Shinsuke Nakamura @ 12:20 via pin [*½]
– Bobby Roode defeated Dolph Ziggler @ 11:40 via pin [**]
– Falls Count Anywhere HIAC Match: Kevin Owens defeated Shane McMahon @ 38:48 via pin [***]

Old 10-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #15550
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Oh, by the way, the Fashion Files.

I really, really want, at some point, for Breezango to give in and accept the Ascensions friendship. Maybe the four of them make up a Survivor Series team or something. Also, how crazy is it that not only has this angle worked wonders for Breezango, but it made the Ascension into characters you want to see more of? I actually kind of want to see them, you know, get in and win some matches after their roles in the Fashion Files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I hope he doesn't become a lackey. I was hoping it's more like 'I may hate you, but Shane took it too far'.
I'm thinking we might be looking at a redo of Steen-Generico in ROH. Where they're opposed, alignment-wise, but they're still best friends and a tag team that works great together. The dirt sheets are like "big heel turn" but I'm not immediately convinced that's what is happening, mainly because of Sami. His facial expressions looked almost haunted after he pulled Kevin out of the way and he didn't look like he felt good about himself after the match was over.

I'm hoping for a complicated thing going forward, where Sami is still a good guy and he still kind of hates Kevin Owens, but they were best friends for so long and he can't forget that, which is why he saved his former friend from possibly having his career ended and ends up roped back in. Either way, I suspect we're looking at a new tag team, which is good, because neither guy has anything going on right now with the Shane thing clearly done, the Usos and New Day feud wrapped for the time being earlier in the night and the tag roster could use another team.

Brandon Stroud brought up another possibility in his Best and Worst column; perhaps Sami doesn't like Kevin that much, but he also thinks Kevin Owens is kind of right about the "Smackdown is the land of opportunity" thing is kind of bull****.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #15551
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

If WWE wants to push Owens then why can he not win on his own? He was carried by Chris Jericho and now Zayn.

Also, are we supposed to take Shane McManhon wrestling seriously? It just seems like it is a step down to face him as he is just a stuntsman not real wrestler. It made me think, A.J. only has so many years he can give WWE and one of his matches on the biggest stage was against Shane. I felt the same with one of my favorites having only a handful of matches left in him, Undertaker. I mean no disrespect to Shane as tone is dead on the internet, but what do Owens and Styles feel about facing him instead of a colleague on the roster or a part-time returning wrestler?

Plot-wise didn't Triple H decide as good as Seth Rollins was, his injury made him fragile so he decided Kevin Owens would be his chosen stooge to stage victories for? If that is the case, then why is Owens going nuts on Shane?

Maybe I just think too much into things.

Tonight...Sierra, Hotel, India,Echo,Lima,Delta, The Shield.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #15552
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Shane's always been more of a stuntman persay than an actual wrestler. I'm just surprised he's taken 2 Cell bumps like that considering his age.

Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #15553
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I did not hear any boos when Roman came out on his own after the Mizzies bit. It was great as expected when he called them out with him.

Is Dallas hurt? I am wondering how many are going to face The Shield. Any of up to six individuals could face them, but likely Mix and The Bar. I bet it is a once pay-per-view off regrouping that will stay friendly just in case for the future.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 10-09-2017 at 07:08 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:53 PM   #15554
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

They've already got new merch, which isn't available until the end of the month, after TLC. I think the Shield is sticking around for a while, especially considering the fact that WWE probably pulled the trigger on this to help Reigns. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that we're not going back to the flak vests. Although I guess there's still a chance. If they don't have them at TLC, though, they're clearly dropping the tandem gear.

Quote:
Is Dallas hurt?
I guess he's sick? I didn't hear anything about an injury, and the sheets are always on top of that stuff.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:08 AM   #15555
The Deadman
Foot Elite

It's The Shield vs Miz, Strowman and The Bar at TLC.

Also the only reason WHY Roman got cheered when he came out on his own is cause the crowd knew they were getting the Shield reformation.

Last edited by The Deadman; 10-10-2017 at 03:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:55 AM   #15556
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I am actually pretty stoked about that. When WWE actually feels like putting a focus on tag wrestling, they often put out some of the best you could ask for. The year and a half original run of the Shield had dope six man tags on the reg. Adding Braun gives the big man something to do - and having him as a cog in a big tag match will let him do his big destructive thing as an exciting exclamation point - without needing him to eat a pin either to lose.

Thinking back to the Shield days also makes me remember the dope tags against the Wyatt Family, before WWE completely ruined Bray and left Rowan and Harper aimless without him.

I suspect we're definitely looking at a Survivor Series elimination match involving the Shield as well, when that comes around.

Anyway, pretty decent Raw. It's been on an upswing, lately. I'd credit that partly to actually focusing on the building blocks of good wrestling shows and the writing. Recent Raws have felt a bit more cohesive in that events in one segment might have consequences later, or at least inform what's happening, such as how a Shield reunion led to them naturally not forgetting about Braun, who has managed to beat all three of them in singles matches clean as a whistle. They're even addressing plot holes now instead of pretending they don't exist, like when Enzo brings up the clause Kalisto disregarded and Kurt Angle calmly explains it. A little bit of that stuff goes a long way, and it's weird how that sort of thing magically jumped from Smackdown to Raw. I joked about the writers switching brands too, but I'm starting to wonder.

What hasn't been written well, though, is Bray. Are they really doing some drag thing for Bray as an alter ego? I hope not, because it's not spooky, it's just embarrassing. It's amazing how much WWE's f***ed him up. He had one of the can't-miss gimmicks, a great group dynamic and all the ability in the world, but they wasted it all by feeding him to Cena, throwing him in increasingly nonsensical angles and having him lose so much his PPV record is nigh unsalvagable, barring a couple straight years of just winning. It looked like they were salvaging him with the New Wyatt Family angle and his WWE title win, but then the Wrestlemania match went full stupid and it's been downhill since.

Did Titus O'Neil move to Indianapolis recently or something? He got a better reaction than I'd have expected.

Again, geez, is there a reason to harp on the "old" story with the womens title feud?

The main event next week is supposed to be Braun Strowman versus Reigns in a steel cage. It sounds exciting on paper, but since it's the go home show for TLC it's almost guaranteed to end in a schmozz to protect both guys. Still, could be a fun match before the inevitable.

Quote:
Also the only reason WHY Roman got cheered when he came out on his own is cause the crowd knew they were getting the Shield reformation.
This is definitely true. Everyone knew what was up this week. That segment last Monday was pretty clear. That said, WWE is definitely hoping this will get some good heat on Reigns and maybe soften peoples opinions on him. I'd imagine it's half of why we're getting this now. But Roman in the context of a group and Roman as a singles star are different animals, and if and when the group is sent different ways again - probably by the draft/Shake-Up this time - they're going to have the same problem all over again if they keep booking him like Cena at his peak.

Last edited by dl316bh; 10-10-2017 at 04:01 AM.
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:13 AM   #15557
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I don't want him booked like Cena at his peak myself, how should he be booked?
Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #15558
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Reigns being the enforcer of the Shield is what got him over in the first place, so it makes sense they try to camouflage his shortcomings by encircling him with the characters that gave him that aura, but yeah, unless there is fine tuning to come, people will sour on him as soon as this reunion ends.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:57 AM   #15559
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Since Roman is going to win the next Royal Rumble, they need to keep the SHIELD in friendly terms at least until Wrestlemania.

It's disheartening that even though I love Royal Rumble, the most exciting winner in the last five years has been Randy Orton, and even his storyline was complete bull.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #15560
The Deadman
Foot Elite

House of Hardcore is the latest wrestling promotion to join Twitch and they have 2 events scheduled

https://www.twitch.tv/houseofhardcore/events

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling