The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 03:30 AM   #15601
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Time for all the prayers to go out.

The Empress is on Raw.

Everybody gon get got.

Quote:
I just find with Bliss, she's getting those big pops reserved for babyfaces and I don't want to see her fall into the type of heel that everyone cheers for. Her pulling a fast one and illegitimately ending Asuka's undefeated streak could fix that.
I think that's something that simply isn't easy to fix and is just how wrestling is now. Everyone is "smart" now and they'd rather cheer for the performer they like than play along, so we have this unfortunate situation where most heels are going to get cheered unless they're so diabolical it's sickening. It's unfortunate, I wish crowds would play along more, at least during the small stuff, but it's just how it is now. But it's not all bad, because if crowds simply played ball all the time, Daniel Bryan would never have ascended to the top of the mountain.

Quote:
Alexa's pretty bulletproof for the time being, so the focus should be put more on establishing Asuka.
Bulletproof's a good way of putting it. She's had such a good year that it seems likely WWE plans on having her be a crux of the womens division for years to come. Not only that, she's homegrown talent for WWE, and they love it when one of their own works out. They'd have to actively try to screw her up at this point to devalue her, which I don't see happening.
Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #15602
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Impact Wrestling Terminates Business Relationship With GFW & Jeff Jarrett

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #15603
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jarret and Anthem are disputing the reasons, with Jeff claiming they are "out of money"

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8940...ponse#/slide/1
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #15605
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wrest...-timetable/amp

I t looks like he was declared injured in the Kane/Strowman attack for storyline purposes and if I read correctly will return to television on November 13th.
Old 10-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #15606
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/www.wrest...-timetable/amp

I t looks like he was declared injured in the Kane/Strowman attack for storyline purposes and if I read correctly will return to television on November 13th.
No they said last night why he was out and it was because of illness.

Old 10-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #15607
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
No they said last night why he was out and it was because of illness.
Just going by the link stating a kayfabe reason to keep him off television longer.

Angle did not have a side entering the preview what was said storyline wise for him deciding to join The Shield? Props to him for wearing the Shield vest.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:14 PM   #15608
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Just going by the link stating a kayfabe reason to keep him off television longer.

Angle did not have a side entering the preview what was said storyline wise for him deciding to join The Shield? Props to him for wearing the Shield vest.
It was silly but I got a kick out of Angle in full Shield gear. I wish that happened more if people joined a team or group for a match and the group has a gear type. I enjoy gear synergy.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #15609
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
It was silly but I got a kick out of Angle in full Shield gear. I wish that happened more if people joined a team or group for a match and the group has a gear type. I enjoy gear synergy.
Imagine John Cena in full Shield gear helping The Shield in their last match after Rollins betrayed them when they went up against The Wyatt family the week afterward.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:31 PM   #15610
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

What.

The f***.

Was that final segment?

Later Edit: I've never seen an entire brand/division/locker room turn heel before.

That was impressively dumb.

Last edited by dl316bh; 10-23-2017 at 09:56 PM.
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:31 AM   #15611
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

...Well, that's one way to go about it.

While I like the idea of the RAW vs SD having an actual fued besides "bragging rights"... this was... well... odd. I guess all current storylines are on hold? Or something?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #15612
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Also, props to Avril Lavigne's Halloween costume.

Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #15613
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Kevin Owen's wife assures fans all is well with the family right now

https://www.instagram.com/p/Baoo_AxBaFh/
Old 10-25-2017, 03:02 AM   #15614
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

What I saw of Smackdown was alright. I had it on but kept getting distracted, so I didn't see about half of it. But I was happy to see Becky Lynch get a win for once after seemingly disappearing into the ether for months now and get to captain the team at Survivor Series. I don't get the point of Randy Orton winning and keeping Sami off the team when Sami and KO are the best angle on Smackdown, non Fashion Files division, but that's just what they do with Randy Orton, I guess.

Raw didn't retaliate tonight and I'm glad it was held off. Best to let it simmer a bit. Plus, Smackdown would have expected it, in story. I mean, I still think the whole thing is dumb and doesn't make a lot of sense as is, but if this is what we're going with, Raw will at least be justified when they do retaliate, because it'll basically be them giving Smackdown a receipt for an unprovoked gang style attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post

...Well, that's one way to go about it.

While I like the idea of the RAW vs SD having an actual fued besides "bragging rights"... this was... well... odd. I guess all current storylines are on hold? Or something?
What's silly to me are the number of people who were excited over it, because it was "cool". Nevermind that it made no sense, ignored alignments and had an entire brand commit an invasion and gangland attack because "reasons". It was cool so it must be good. We didn't even get a solid reason that made sense on Smackdown.

I'm all for adding intrigue to an inter-brand thing, but man, why should the locker room care enough to jump everyone on Raw in overwhelming numbers? They get a paycheck from the same company. Hell, half of them will be on Raw during the next draft/Shake-Up. There isn't even a trophy on the line and that reasoning was flimsy enough as it was when they used it in the first brand era. What are the Smackdown superstars going to do when they're drafted away, too? Suddenly, they're on the other show, with people who'd probably remember and want to beat the crap out of them, essentially hazing them.

Geez, just add stipulations, like the brand with the most wins at Survivor Series has five more slots in the Royal Rumble than the other. Or they win the rights to hold the Money in the Bank event for the next year. I could buy either of those as legit reasons for some of the roster to want to smack the hell out of the other one. It's not that hard to add stakes to this that make sense without devolving to silliness like Dolph fighting alongside Roode (though they tried to do some damage control on that on Smackdown).

Quote:
Kevin Owen's wife assures fans all is well with the family right now
That's good news.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:42 AM   #15615
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
I don't get the point of Randy Orton winning and keeping Sami off the team when Sami and KO are the best angle on Smackdown, non Fashion Files division, but that's just what they do with Randy Orton, I guess.
My best guess is if Owens wins next week against Shinsuke Nakamura (or doesn't), he and Sami will still find a way to cost the team at Survivor Series. Probably would have made better sense, however, to have Sami win to increase the likelihood that Smackdown is going to lose, especially with what happened the other day.

On the other hand, if Stephanie were to return (and I certainly hope not as an on-screen character), Sami and/or Kevin would be "spies" as AJ Styles was Monday too.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #15616
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Sasha was supposed to face Nia Jax at TLC and not Alicia Fox, Nia got pissed off when she was told she'd be jobbing to Sasha clean (and if Sasha vs Fox was an indication, it'd have been on the pre-show). Frustrated with that and low pay, she called up her cousin The Rock and it was he who advised her to walk out

https://www.si.com/2017/10/25/wrestl...ne-johnson-wwe

Also, happy 14th wedding anniversary to the McMahon/Helmsley faction

https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/sta...2Fnode%2F58619
Old 10-25-2017, 03:10 PM   #15617
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Sasha was supposed to face Nia Jax at TLC and not Alicia Fox, Nia got pissed off when she was told she'd be jobbing to Sasha clean (and if Sasha vs Fox was an indication, it'd have been on the pre-show). Frustrated with that and low pay, she called up her cousin The Rock and it was he who advised her to walk out
As she should be. Nia has potential, but she's just kind of floating on the fringes. Since WWE can only seem to do one, occasionally two, womens story per brand at a time, people like her, with a ton of upside, are just left out in the cold. They don't even have the decency to give her an off-title-contention feud or some squashes to keep busy when they have three hours of Raw. While there's not much shame in jobbing to Sasha, who's a relatively big deal and has gone over her before, compounded with everything else and the fact it would have been on the pre-show it makes sense. She should be the womens equivalent of a monster hoss character like Vader, introductory years Kane and Braun Strowman.

I think you'd see a lot more of this if there was some viable alternative to go to, like the days of WCW. I mean, ultimately it comes down to money, but if you're essentially forced to be a clown on TV on top of that, it's still frustrating no matter what you're paid, unless you're supposed to be a comedy gimmick. It's iffy on whether or not she's actually leaving or not, but if she doesn't, hopefully they do something with her.

Quote:
My best guess is if Owens wins next week against Shinsuke Nakamura (or doesn't), he and Sami will still find a way to cost the team at Survivor Series. Probably would have made better sense, however, to have Sami win to increase the likelihood that Smackdown is going to lose, especially with what happened the other day.
I'm thinking Kevin's going to lose to Nak and have that lead to something. The Shane thing is far from over, after all, and Shane putting a big obstacle in their way to keep two of his better guys off the team because he doesn't like them could lead to another grievance in their favor. Though I kind of wonder why they would even want to be on Shanes team. They should have done like Brandon Stroud suggested and have Sami come out last night, like "see, Kevin was right all along, Shane McMahon is a sociopath, we were right about him" and went somewhere with that.

Because, I mean, after Raw, it turns out they pretty much were right in everything they said three weeks ago after all. McMahon gonna McMahon.

Quote:
On the other hand, if Stephanie were to return (and I certainly hope not as an on-screen character), Sami and/or Kevin would be "spies" as AJ Styles was Monday too.
That would make some sense, alignment-wise. Kevin never had a falling out with Trips and Stephanie, so if they ever wanted to do something he'd probably be fine working with them. But man, I'm with you, no on more Stephanie as a character. The Authority dying had been long overdue and Steph can screw stories up as much as she can help.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:21 PM   #15618
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I have a hard time believing Rock just up and told her to quit if times got tough considering he more than likely wouldnt of done the same thing sooo....

Old 10-25-2017, 10:44 PM   #15619
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I have a hard time believing Rock just up and told her to quit if times got tough considering he more than likely wouldnt of done the same thing sooo....
Hard to say. It's worth noting that he did drop WWE for about eight years once his film career took off in earnest and even tried to distance himself from it, so he kind of already did walk away from them. It is his family, so it's not farfetched for me to imagine a "if you're unhappy, don't do it" sort of advice situation. Family changes situations; hard to watch family go through something bugging them than it is to deal with it yourself, most times. But it's all conjecture either way, since I'm not The Rock and I don't know what he'd do in such a situation (maybe he doesn't even know, as the Die Rocky Die early days aside, his career was essentially one long upward trajectory filled with praise for his performances and championships, with his first WWF championship coming almost exactly two years after his debut).
Old 10-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #15620
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Hard to say. It's worth noting that he did drop WWE for about eight years once his film career took off in earnest and even tried to distance himself from it, so he kind of already did walk away from them. It is his family, so it's not farfetched for me to imagine a "if you're unhappy, don't do it" sort of advice situation. Family changes situations; hard to watch family go through something bugging them than it is to deal with it yourself, most times. But it's all conjecture either way, since I'm not The Rock and I don't know what he'd do in such a situation (maybe he doesn't even know, as the Die Rocky Die early days aside, his career was essentially one long upward trajectory filled with praise for his performances and championships, with his first WWF championship coming almost exactly two years after his debut).
Well he only distanced himself because movie studios probably wouldn't of casted him in stuff had he gotten injured in the ring and well he wanted to be an actor.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling