The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-21-2017, 11:09 PM   #61
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

The italian mafia, they were used enough but they had a lot of potential, wish they had been used more and had an actual plot against the turtles besides the anti-mutant one.
I'm surprised the whole anti mutagen weapons weren't carried over during the final battle with Shredder hell during the last mafia episode before Shredder's death I thought Leo was going to find an anti mutagen blade or something.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I feel the kraang didn't get a satisfying finale, they deserved better.
The Kraang literally got around 3-4 finales, depending if you count their appearances in the space arc as well in Season 4. I think we saw more than enough of them. Kraang subprime literally "dies" about 4 different times too. I liked the fact that the Triceratons killed Kraang Prime though. Makes sense to see a bigger alien threat take care of them.

Quote:
Karai's partner, we never learned much about her, I don't even remember her name (shimigami?)
Shinigami's name was mentioned tons of times, what do you mean? Everyone else remembered her name. As for her past she was just Karai's friend from Japan, I wish they made them into lesbian lovers.

Quote:
Hun/The Purple Dragons, what was the purpose of introducing Bruce Lee Hun if they barely did anything with him? He had potential, in fact I don't think he ever straight up fought the turtles. Same with the Purple Dragons, were they a gang or just those 4 dudes? Also remember when that one purple dragon helped Leo in the first season? That never went anywhere.
Hun got two major episodes in Season 3, his debut episode and then the second episode he appeared in. His only Season 4 appearances were brief, he appeared in one of the first eps after the space arc ended where Leo/Karai/Shinigami defeated him. He appeared for like 2 seconds in a montage in the Wingnut/Screwloose ep showing them beat him up. Then his last appearance is the episode where April gets controlled by the Aeon crystal/alien and goes evil, and she knocks Hun against a car. That was his last appearance.

I get the feeling the Nick writers never wanted to use Hun but just included him because of fans and they made him into a totally different character anyway so it didn't matter. And yes in this show the Purple Dragons were just the same 3 guys from Season 1 and then Hun. Unlike the 4kids show where there was like 40 of them.

Quote:
The italian mafia, they were used enough but they had a lot of potential, wish they had been used more and had an actual plot against the turtles besides the anti-mutant one.

Russian arms guy, yeah he became Rocksteady but he appeared since Season 1 and he had a lot of potential as well to give the turtles more stories.
I get the feeling the Russian Arms guy wasn't even planned to be Rocksteady at first, then they just decided that by Season 2 when Bebop was introduced.

In general though I do agree there should have been more human enemies, I'm just glad we got the Mobsters, Purple Dragons and got to see Bradford/Xever and Rocksteady/Bebop as humans for a few eps before they mutated.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:34 PM   #63
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I get the feeling the Nick writers never wanted to use Hun but just included him because of fans and they made him into a totally different character anyway so it didn't matter. And yes in this show the Purple Dragons were just the same 3 guys from Season 1 and then Hun. Unlike the 4kids show where there was like 40 of them.
The show only had the budget for Fong, Tsoi, and Sid to actually appear. But They sort of imply that there are more members to the purple dragons aside from the triad we see though.

For example in Mousers Attack, April says her phone was stolen by one of the Purple Dragons. It’s possible she didn’t see who it was, but if there were only three Purple Dragons she would have been able to say who had taken it. Also Fong tells Dogpound that one of their boys had taken it instead of saying ‘Sid took this phone from a friend of those Turtles.’
Old 11-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #64
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I get the feeling the Russian Arms guy wasn't even planned to be Rocksteady at first, then they just decided that by Season 2 when Bebop was introduced.
Nickelodeon Bebop and Rocksteady felt forced, but were the most well-written versions of them!
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 11-23-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #65
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy

It was especially nice to wrap up Nick Bebop and Rocksteady by making them meet the characters who literally created them in the Ninja turtles lore.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:20 PM   #66
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
It was especially nice to wrap up Nick Bebop and Rocksteady by making them meet the characters who literally created them in the Ninja turtles lore.
I liked the "mama!" thing.
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #67
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No idea if it's been mentioned already, but this morning I just remembered that lizard lady in the photo belonging to... well, I can't recall his name right now, but the detective guy. (Had hoped it would expand more on him, too.)

Would have been cool to give her some backstory. Esp seeing as she was probably the only regular female mutant of the entire show, even if just a photo. (All the other girls are either non-mutants, alien, human-looking alien hybrid, or mutant who still generally looks human. Dammit why can't girls be real regular mutants?! lol)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercucked