The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #301
Papenbrook
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed
So for those of you who hit it, how do you cope with turning 30 years old?
I think I'll know in 'bout ten years.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #302
RaphaelinSTL
Stone Warrior

I turned 30 this year and it honestly didn't end up changing much for me in the grand scheme of things. 2016 was an amazing, yet chaotic year for me as I bought a house in the spring and went through some company wide layoffs in the fall. I've already felt that I've gone through enough "adulting" so far even before I landed on 30.

It's a state of mind for sure.

27 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #303
CyberCubed
Overlord

I imagine the people who already get married and have kids by their mid-20's feel like they "age" or become adults much faster due to the added responsibilities, whereas those who don't still feel not much different than their early 20's by the time they hit 30.

My parents were only 25 when I was born, I seriously can't imagine being that young or younger with a kid already.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #304
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I imagine the people who already get married and have kids by their mid-20's feel like they "age" or become adults much faster due to the added responsibilities, whereas those who don't still feel not much different than their early 20's by the time they hit 30.

My parents were only 25 when I was born, I seriously can't imagine being that young or younger with a kid already.
Well if you think that about 25 year olds, imagine teenage parents.

Although you were born in 1985... meaning your parents married around 1984 or 1985 am I correct? Back then, marrying and having kids at 25 wasn't really considered early was it? It was after the 90s and the bubble bursting and housing getting more expensive, etc that people began marrying and having kids later(around 30-35) in developed nations. If your parents were both 25 today I doubt they'd get married and have kids at that age.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #305
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, it was the norm back in the 80's and 90's as well. People got married and had kids young.

Nowadays you don't have that. Back then you were also kicked out of the house the moment you turn 18, nowadays you have young adults still living with their parents well into their 20's.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #306
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa

Quote:
Yes, it was the norm back in the 80's and 90's as well. People got married and had kids young.

Nowadays you don't have that. Back then you were also kicked out of the house the moment you turn 18, nowadays you have young adults still living with their parents well into their 20's.
That was never a case in my country tbh. In my country it's not odd for a man to live with his parents when he is 23-24 still. And much less nowadays. I know in USA you guys tend to leave your folks' home at 18, but in most of Europe that's nto really the case except for Scandinavian countries afaik.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:20 AM   #307
newfan
Stone Warrior

As you guys pointed out already, the cost of living, buying houses etc has gone up, more people are going to university so take longer to build up enough money for independence. More people want to travel and do other things first.
Years ago it was common to leave school, work, marry and then babies if you wanted that. (Obviously there were still people pursuing careers)
Saying that people are still having children young and then through to their 40's. First time mom's can be the same age as first time grandmothers (if the generations were both very young parents)

Last edited by newfan; 11-28-2017 at 01:36 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:21 AM   #308
CyberCubed
Overlord

Also since more women are working than decades ago, most women purposely choose not to get pregnant just so they can advance their career when they're younger. The days of the woman expected to stay home and raise kids is over.

Come to think of it the rise of gay/lesbian couples contributes to this as well. Probably the same reason the traditional 1950's style household of a married couple with 2.5 kids is no longer the norm.

It's kind of ironic. If we grew up in our parents generation our lives would have been completely different, and I'm not even counting the difference in technology or whatever, just how we would be raised. Times have changed.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:58 AM   #309
newfan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Also since more women are working than decades ago, most women purposely choose not to get pregnant just so they can advance their career when they're younger. The days of the woman expected to stay home and raise kids is over.

Come to think of it the rise of gay/lesbian couples contributes to this as well. Probably the same reason the traditional 1950's style household of a married couple with 2.5 kids is no longer the norm.

It's kind of ironic. If we grew up in our parents generation our lives would have been completely different, and I'm not even counting the difference in technology or whatever, just how we would be raised. Times have changed.
If you'd been born then, no TMNT, drome or fast play movies

Last edited by newfan; 11-28-2017 at 07:02 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed thinks deep