The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 08:59 PM   #221
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
...and stuff like eliminating the boys toy aisle and merging it with the girls lane, is just crazy.
Here's a little education for ya: toys are actually more divided by gender now than they were for decades. In the mid-'70s in particular, gender-specific toys were incredibly rare. I'm assuming that was before you were born?
Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Here's a little education for ya: toys are actually more divided by gender now than they were for decades. In the mid-'70s in particular, gender-specific toys were incredibly rare. I'm assuming that was before you were born?
Vegita-san is 40 years old, so he was born in the 70's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:19 PM   #223
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The late 70s.
Right around the time places like Toys R Us and Kay Bee were putting in Pink Aisles for the feminine dolls, and darker fixtures for their masculine dolls.

Which was always a marketing change for the sake of change.
And a dumb one, in my opinion.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:20 AM   #224
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

huh, one would think the reasons behind it and when it started with "boys VS girls toy aisles" would be more common knowledge by now. it's been featured in loads of Did You Know? videos and touched upon in Adam Ruins Everything when Nintendo wanted to sell the NES in the toy aisle instead of electronics and it was already divided as a Boy VS Girl sections.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:19 AM   #225
Sumac
Stone Warrior

Not everyone educate themselves with YouTube and so-called "Interner-personas".
Gladly.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #226
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I think the thing I would agree with is getting rid of the boys/girls designation for toys, and just mix them together into one big toy isle. I hate when stuff is made for males/for females because it should be for anyone, and I'm talking about many things in general too, not just toys. (However, I do believe hard separations should exist, like with bathrooms and locker rooms, places where privacy should be paramount and safety is a priority.)

As such, I do not believe in gender, only biological sex. 'Gender' is little more then stereotypical gender roles and how male/females should 'act.' One cannot change their biological sex through surgery or hormones, and one should respect that not everyone accepts the idea of 'trans,' which relies on the idea of 'gender' and not biological sex.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fredwolfleo=tagabuser