The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 11:22 PM   #1041
Shargor
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 24
For those who wanted Batman/TMNT collected edition to match in size IDW hardcovers DC will release deluxe edition with additional materials: https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401280714

And the standart-size edition of the sequel crossover: https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401280315
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:20 AM   #1042
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
For those who wanted Batman/TMNT collected edition to match in size IDW hardcovers DC will release deluxe edition with additional materials: https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1401280714
Wow, yeah 224 pages would be a lot of additional material! I'm sure most of it would be full-page variant covers or perhaps the script/pencils/layouts. But I'd love to see as much concept art as possible, especially the mutated versions of the Arkham rogues.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #1043
Shargor
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 24
That will include exactly what you said: scripts, variant covers and other behind the scenes materials (it's in description).
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:03 PM   #1044
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 721
And it seems IDW will be releasing Bodycount through its Top Shelf imprint next August:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1603094326
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #1045
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
And it seems IDW will be releasing Bodycount through its Top Shelf imprint next August:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1603094326
Really? That is BIZZARE.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 03:52 AM   #1046
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,001
I guess it makes sense, it's by Kevin, and IDW has been reprinting output that was originally through Heavy Metal. If you mean "really?" because of the very graphic nature of the story, then yeah, but they obviously have a good business reason for it!
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:00 AM   #1047
neatoman
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 4,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
And it seems IDW will be releasing Bodycount through its Top Shelf imprint next August:

https://www.edelweiss.plus/#sku=1603094326
Alright, nice. I'll be sure to be on the lookout.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #1048
SS Kakarot
Stone Warrior
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 859
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just got a message that the Tales of the TMNT Vol. 9 TPB and the Mirage Covers book have been cancelled.

I guess these won't be released?
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:43 PM   #1049
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just got a message that the Tales of the TMNT Vol. 9 TPB and the Mirage Covers book have been cancelled.

I guess these won't be released?
I know for sure the Eastman & Laird Mirage Studios Covers HC has been canceled. IDW has stated that it may return in the future in some fashion or another but there are no plans currently.

As for the Tales Vol. 9, I've not heard specifics but it was never solicited from IDW in Diamond Previews to my knowledge.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:17 PM   #1050
SS Kakarot
Stone Warrior
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
I know for sure the Eastman & Laird Mirage Studios Covers HC has been canceled. IDW has stated that it may return in the future in some fashion or another but there are no plans currently.

As for the Tales Vol. 9, I've not heard specifics but it was never solicited from IDW in Diamond Previews to my knowledge.
That's too bad, thanks for the update though.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #1051
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 508
Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Teenag.../dp/1401280315

Spoiler:
Collects issues #1-7


Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Deluxe Edition

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Teenag.../dp/1401280714


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Bodycount

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...+ninja+turtles
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:42 PM   #1052
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,432
Top Shelf Productions is doing the Bodycount collection rather than IDW. I find that interesting, I wonder if Image could be collected through them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:32 AM   #1053
Shargor
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 24
Great news for digital comics collectors. Now first volume of IDW Collection is available on comiXology - https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-M...l-comic/396485. Hope they will add next ones in the nearest time.
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #1054
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,593
When did the Batman/TMNT II crossover get expanded to 7 issues? I always thought it was supposed to be 6 issues long at most. Will #7 be a special follow-up issue, in the same vein as TMNT/Batman Animated Series #6?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #1055
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Top Shelf Productions is doing the Bodycount collection rather than IDW. I find that interesting, I wonder if Image could be collected through them.
That is interesting. In the past Eastman has reprinted it before entirely on his own, though, even after the Nick sale, so I think "Body Count" is kind of a special case.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #1056
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
When did the Batman/TMNT II crossover get expanded to 7 issues? I always thought it was supposed to be 6 issues long at most. Will #7 be a special follow-up issue, in the same vein as TMNT/Batman Animated Series #6?
Curious where you heard / saw that it was 7 issues. I just checked the Feb. 2018 DC Solicitations (which had #4) and it shows "4 of 6." Maybe that's changed since then?
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #1057
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Curious where you heard / saw that it was 7 issues. I just checked the Feb. 2018 DC Solicitations (which had #4) and it shows "4 of 6." Maybe that's changed since then?
It's on the Amazon solicit at least:
https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Teenag.../dp/1401280315
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:09 PM   #1058
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
It's on the Amazon solicit at least:
https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Teenag.../dp/1401280315
Weird that this collected HC of Batman/TMNT II states it collects issues #1-7. Either they know something we don't and we'll find out about the mysterious 7th issue soon or it's a mistake. Thanks for sharing that.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #1059
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 10,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
Weird that this collected HC of Batman/TMNT II states it collects issues #1-7. Either they know something we don't and we'll find out about the mysterious 7th issue soon or it's a mistake. Thanks for sharing that.
Before seeing the Amazon link, I saw the single issues being listed as "# of 7" over at one of the Russian fan forums.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #1060
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,077
That's pretty long for a miniseries, these days
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, tmnt

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.