The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 08:09 AM   #1121
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I saw that part of the interview. but if you see the utter lack of enthusiasm he has...it's rather hard to deny that he could care less about these new movies.
More than likely he's tired of doing press and being asked the exact same questions over and over for days. Actors hate press tours especially ones that are this extensive for franchises like SW. He was actually very vocal on social media about the movie during the lead up to its release over the past year.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #1122
Vegita-San
Emperor

because he's obviously not a fan of this stuff, and might just not like where it's going like everyone else. but then that wouldn't fit your narrative .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #1123
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm sure it couldn't possibly have been the fact that the greatest asset that fanboys have is also our biggest detriment: that we never let anything go.

Let's face it folks, we're exhausting.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:28 AM   #1124
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
because he's obviously not a fan of this stuff, and might just not like where it's going like everyone else. but then that wouldn't fit your narrative .
I'm not pushing any narrative. I don't love the movie. I've posted my negative thoughts on it. I'm just countering your nonsense.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #1125
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I was actually mistaken in my last post. I said three weekends. It's actually only been two.

Quote:
the biggest drop off in movie history might have something to do with them reigning in their biggest star. especially since all the male star wars fans they thought they could do without looked up to what he said. as well as lots of the female ones.
There was nothing to reign in. He hasn't even changed his mind. This "I came around on it and think it worked out" stuff is what he said in the same answers in the same interviews he talked about disagreeing with the direction for Luke. Geek sites, of course, didn't help here; I guess it's a prime example of what the people who complain about clickbait articles and the like are talking about.

What's changed is he's now sorry he was honest about how he felt at the start. Mark Hammil's also a guy who is smart enough to realize he doesn't own Luke. But he has opinions about it. Hell, the only portrayal of Luke he agrees with a hundred percent is probably A New Hope. He had problems with things from Empire, too, and has said as much over the years.

Again, sure, there's a big drop-off, but we're also dealing with box office takes the size of full blockbuster budgets including promotion in the opening weekend. Big drop-offs are to be expected and it's not like it isn't projected to end somewhere around one point six billion dollars. Hell, I loved the movie and I almost wish they would take a real hit, just because Disney have been totally scummy piles of garbage in their attempts to strong-arm theaters and need something to worry about to get them to back off. And people wonder why the the Fox buy alarms a lot of people. But this isn't going to be the movie that happens.
Old 12-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #1126
CyberCubed
Overlord

Don't most big blockbuster movies tend to have huge drop-offs after the first two weeks? For obvious reason that all the biggest fans and fanboys all rush to see the movie at once the moment it comes out, then after they've seen it all the regular people, like families with kids, or casual fans, come to see it after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #1127
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't most big blockbuster movies tend to have huge drop-offs after the first two weeks?
Generally a movie is expected to drop 50% in its second weekend. It's rare when you see movies doing better than that.

So right away when I'm reading all these articles about "ZOMG! 'The Last Jedi' just dropped a GADGILLION dollars in its second weekend, this is HISTORIC!!" I just stop reading. Most movies don't have $220 million dollar weekend openings... of course there will be a huge dropoff.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:36 AM   #1128
Vegita-San
Emperor

how to divide a fan base. step one. can't deny she has an agenda now.

Last edited by Vegita-San; 12-29-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #1129
plastroncafe

1/10

He used to be much better at this.

The money is going to eb and flow, what I'm more curious about is how long the discussion about the movie going to remain newsworthy.

I've had more interesting discussions surrounding this movie then I have any other movie in a really long time. I'm kind of hoping that continues.
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 12-28-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #1130
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I'd love to see a comic based on Lucas' treatments for VII-IX, like how Dark Horse adapted his early drafts into that comic miniseries called "The Star Wars."
Not going to happen for a long while since releasing in the next few years could be seen Disney was not happy with their version of the ST, once enough time passes I can see it.

Any of you ever read Splinter of the Minds Eye? It was the first Star Wars book written before ESB so it's interesting where else they could've taken the story. In it the Luke/Leia relationship continues and kiss and Luke faces Darth Vader and chops his arm off. It was written from another draft of Lucas in case ANH was not a success they could continue a low budget sequel.

In fact all the pre-official EU EU is rather interesting because of that but it changed once the Thrawn Trilogy came out.

Quote:
two on the left might be cute
nah, they're fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

I've had more interesting discussions surrounding this movie then I have any other movie in a really long time. I'm kind of hoping that continues.
I like how you have all these "great interesting discussions" in these "non-toxic places" also how our opinion is just a minority and imply we're wrong; and yet you have to constantly remind us in every other thread .
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:10 AM   #1131
plastroncafe

Glad to be helping with your education!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #1132
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I like how you have all these "great interesting discussions" in these "non-toxic places" also how our opinion is just a minority and imply we're wrong; and yet you have to constantly remind us in every other thread .
But how you show off how righteous you are, without reminding about that in every thread with every opportunity (or even without)?

IMO, PC don't visit any place, save for Technodrome and he is just a concerned troll.

Last edited by Sumac; 12-28-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #1133
plastroncafe

For instance, this thread about Hinduism and Star Wars from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/therunningfree/s...24652497629186
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-28-2017, 12:06 PM   #1134
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
For instance, this thread about Hinduism and Star Wars from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/therunningfree/s...24652497629186
Apophenia.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #1135
CyberCubed
Overlord

You guys realize there were plenty of female Star Wars fans before the new trilogy, right? I remember back in the day most female Star Wars fans all had crushes on Han or Luke, basically the same way you would see anyone fangirl modern actors. This is nothing new.

Leia has also been considered a feminist role model for decades now.

Quote:
if you think like that you're going to be single for a longo o timo
LOL, sdp has been with a partner for a long time. Don't speak for other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
IMO, PC don't visit any place, safe for Technodrome and he is just a concerned troll.
plastroncafe is a woman.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #1136
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
plastroncafe is a woman.
That it what he wants you to think.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:46 PM   #1137
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
That it what he wants you to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

nah, they're fat.
I think they're teenagers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #1138
CyberCubed
Overlord

Adam Driver is the best new actor in the new movies. I liked him in Logan Lucky too, as well as Silence with Liam Neeson and Andrew Garfield. I'm thinking about checking out some of his other movies because of this.

Kylo Ren went from being a lousy Darth Vader wannabe to becoming one of the best and emotionally driven parts of the new trilogy.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:35 PM   #1139
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post

I think they're teenagers.
I thought they where lucasfilm employees on a red carpet thing for TLJ. hence the bad robot back drop.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #1140
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Saw this today. It was a decent enough movie for the most part (cinematography, soundtrack, et cetera) but a terrible story (nonsense plot, everyone made dumb decisions, bad dialogue). And again it was like the writers just broke other Star Wars movies into pieces and used them to make a new Star Wars movie. Just like Ep. 7 was a redux of Ep. 4, Ep. 8 was a redux of Ep. 5. It's like they rebooted the Original Trilogy while still keeping it part of the canon continuity

Right now I give it maybe 6/10. Still not my least favorite Star Wars film
ProphetofGanja is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw