The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #2321
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
You guys opened the floodgates for reprint questions!!

I've never heard anything like this discussed.
Ah ah sorry about that, but I do love my HC editions and would love to get everything reprinted in those huge gorgeous books
Old 01-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #2322
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm just curious. Why didn't Tom Waltz write any of the Batman crossovers? He just didn't want to/didn't have time to, or wasn't asked?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:31 AM   #2323
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm just curious. Why didn't Tom Waltz write any of the Batman crossovers? He just didn't want to/didn't have time to, or wasn't asked?
It's DC's project, DC writer on the job.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #2324
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
It's DC's project, DC writer on the job.
Unfortunately
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:43 AM   #2325
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
For the DC crossover, he wasn't asked. I assume they just wanted to stick to a writer they knew better. For the animated crossover, i've never heard Tom talk about BTAS so I don't know how familiar he is with that world, and also selfishly, I didn't want to distract him from his ongoing deadline.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 02:45 AM   #2326
HanZ09
Mouser

I don't know did anyone ask this question to you ? Or is this a good question to asking ? But I'm just very curious about this question and I wanna have an answer. I think Ninja Turtles must be more powerful in IDW series. It's just hard to me finding their good strength feats. Does anyone planning making them more powerful in IDW series ? And what do you think about that ?
HanZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #2327
neatoman
Emperor

About the upcoming Ian Flynn issues, did he pitch them before or after he joined IDW to continue writing Sonic comics? I'm just curious about when he came into the picture with you guys.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #2328
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanZ09 View Post
I don't know did anyone ask this question to you ? Or is this a good question to asking ? But I'm just very curious about this question and I wanna have an answer. I think Ninja Turtles must be more powerful in IDW series. It's just hard to me finding their good strength feats. Does anyone planning making them more powerful in IDW series ? And what do you think about that ?
Nope, no one has asked that, but it's a fine one! Speaking for just me, personally, I don't see the need to give them super strength, if i'm understanding that correctly. To me their "power" comes simply from being well trained ninjas and balancing their respective skills together. Keeps them a bit more grounded in reality, which for such an outlandish premise/concept I think is worthwhile.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 PM   #2329
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
About the upcoming Ian Flynn issues, did he pitch them before or after he joined IDW to continue writing Sonic comics? I'm just curious about when he came into the picture with you guys.
Before. It wasn't clear that we would have Sonic and he was actively looking for new work in case Sonic wasn't an option in the future. That's my memory at least, I could have some of the details wrong.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 AM   #2330
CyberCubed
Overlord

Have you guys brainstormed ideas for post issue 100 yet, or is that too far in the future at this time? Do you imagine there will be a huge shake up in the series if it continues past issue 100? I recall when we were hitting issue 51 you guys contemplated the idea of starting with a new #1 for example rather than continuing the issue count. Or is issue 100 basically considered "endgame" for now until we get closer to it and see where the series stands?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #2331
Shedder
Hench Mutant

Sorry I missed this. Where was it announced that Ian Flynn was doing a run ?
Anyone have a link?
Thanks thats cool news
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #2332
HanZ09
Mouser

Quote:
Nope, no one has asked that, but it's a fine one! Speaking for just me, personally, I don't see the need to give them super strength, if i'm understanding that correctly. To me their "power" comes simply from being well trained ninjas and balancing their respective skills together. Keeps them a bit more grounded in reality, which for such an outlandish premise/concept I think is worthwhile.
Thank you for your answer. But I mean, I think their martial arts skills should be better. Is anyone planning making their martial arts skills better ?
HanZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:45 AM   #2333
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Thank you for your answer. But I mean, I think their martial arts skills should be better. Is anyone planning making their martial arts skills better ?
Their martial arts skills are fine, dude.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #2334
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Have you guys brainstormed ideas for post issue 100 yet, or is that too far in the future at this time? Do you imagine there will be a huge shake up in the series if it continues past issue 100? I recall when we were hitting issue 51 you guys contemplated the idea of starting with a new #1 for example rather than continuing the issue count. Or is issue 100 basically considered "endgame" for now until we get closer to it and see where the series stands?
Can't really discuss any of that, sorry!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #2335
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
They'll continue to get better like any young person who applies themselves to something for a sustained period of time. They're fighting people stronger and more powerful than them... I think their martial arts are pretty good!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #2336
AquaParade
Banned

Hey Bobby,

Have you found any time in the last few years to follow monthly titles outside of IDW? Reading any Image, Marvel, DC, etc?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #2337
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yeah, I try and follow at least a few titles from all the major publishers.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:27 PM   #2338
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Yeah, I try and follow at least a few titles from all the major publishers.
Can you give us a couple you're currently following and a few all-time favorites?
Old 01-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #2339
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I've been reading Amazing Spider Man consistently since about 1991 or so, and i've always been reading one of the Batman books at any given time too. There's old favorites that are still around like Usagi and Stray Bullets. I'm likely reading any 'big' book at Image, but some recent favorites are Southern Bastars and Descender. Harrow County is another good one i've been enjoying. Many more i'm sure that aren't jumping to mind!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:14 PM   #2340
Leebo
Random Punk

Hey Bobby
Has the Kevin eastman notebook series been cancelled? I haven’t seen any release dates for more books. I really liked them and was just wondering. Thanks
Leebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz