The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #3201
Vegita-San
Emperor

ugh.

SOOO glad that mess of a turtles show is done. VERY little of it actually felt like a true turtles adventure.

I wish we got more of stuff like Tale of the Yokai and Baxters Gambit or Mousers Attack. and less april mom monster or super shredder monster or giant shredder monster or....

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #3202
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
ugh.

SOOO glad that mess of a turtles show is done. VERY little of it actually felt like a true turtles adventure.
LOL, what on earth? Every single plotline this show did is very similar to the same things every other TMNT universe does with slight variations. Also what on earth does, "a true Turtles adventure" even mean? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Why on earth are you still trolling after the show has been over for like 6 months now?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #3203
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally from Newfan
Probably the wrong place to stick this but Ciro is still working on his story that he hopes will be a video release at some point if Nick will go for it, he said it would fill the gaps that a lot of the fans have a gripe with over the apocalypse.
That actually sounds really interesting. I hope that they do go ahead with that - even if it is just a video release. I think a lot of the major gripes with MApocalypse could be solved with just some proper closure for the secondary characters like April, Karai and Casey. I liked M.A. but I did feel frustrated that the human characters that'd been there since the early days of the show got such short thrift.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #3204
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Probably the wrong place to stick this but Ciro is still working on his story that he hopes will be a video release at some point if Nick will go for it, he said it would fill the gaps that a lot of the fans have a gripe with over the apocalypse. It seems he hasn't given up yet. Apparently a mix between invasion of the body snatchers and the Blob. (turtles are about 20) I wonder if he would be allowed to realise it in another format even if they shot down the movie, I'd be interested to see what his 20-year-old turtles look like, if any different.
Any source for this? Just wanted to make sure.

I would be totally down for it being released Direct to Video or something, even though I was satisfied with how the Nick series ended. The more, the merrier.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #3205
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Any source for this? Just wanted to make sure.

I would be totally down for it being released Direct to Video or something, even though I was satisfied with how the Nick series ended. The more, the merrier.
Oh, on Ciros's Instgram. You have to scroll down the conversation to get to that bit, the post is actually about his art book

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bej0khOl...y=superrobot74
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #3206
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Oh, on Ciros's Instgram. You have to scroll down the conversation to get to that bit, the post is actually about his art book

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bej0khOl...y=superrobot74
Holy Quackamoloy I am seriously hyped!

20 year old turtles? Return of the Kraang? More Questions about the Mutant Apocalypse answered? COUNT ME IN!

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #3207
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Holy Quackamoloy I am seriously hyped!

20 year old turtles? Return of the Kraang? More Questions about the Mutant Apocalypse answered? COUNT ME IN!
Yeah but I think Nick shot this down already and may continue their disinterest....but he's working on it still so... do try again Ciro please, we never know

Course if it goes right to the demise of the characters I'm not sure I want to see that but still the circumstances leading it up to it could be good, as well as seeing the Turtles before they were old, mutated etc
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #3208
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I hope Nick lets Ciro make the special and pretend the Mutant Apocalypse is not the finale instead of shutting it down.

They could just air the Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady special again or something and call it a night.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:13 PM   #3209
CyberCubed
Overlord

Interesting here's what he said in full:

Quote:
I have been writing a story around my turtles, roughly 20 years old, facing off against the return of a Kraang entity. There’s lots of great scenes in it, especially the opening scene involving Michelangelo riding the subway. It’s a cross between invasion of the body snatchers and the blob. It would be great as a video release movie for Nick. It would bridge some of the gaps and answer many gripes fans have about Mutant Apocalypse. I will try to get that going at @nickelodeon eventually. As I see it, more turtles is a good thing. Thanks for being supportive homie! @tmnt
Hopefully Nick greenlits it, I guess my theory of the 2012 TMNT getting a direct-to-DVD movie might happen.

God bless meme magic, you see people, sometimes this stuff actually works! Granted it may not happen and Nick might say no, but at least it's possible.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #3210
Powder
So tired of this place

That'd be killer. If nothing else, hearing what he has in mind would quench our thirst sufficiently.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:12 PM   #3211
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It'd be awesome but I don't see it happening, Greg Wiesman soured me on "look I have all this stuff we just need this small little detail of the property owner to green light it" except that's the big hurdle.

Quote:
It’s a cross between invasion of the body snatchers and the blob
Ugh, more horror sh-t.

But I'll take it, I always felt the Kraang didn't get a great send off, I thought they'd appear again but didn't.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #3212
CyberCubed
Overlord

It'd also likely feature the extended cast, we'd probably get to see Tiger Claw work alongside the Turtles (along with probably Karai/Shinigami and Bebop/Rocksteady, maybe even Fishface) and a return for Fugitoid, two things I wanted to see by the end of the show but we didn't get.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:08 AM   #3213
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It'd also likely feature the extended cast, we'd probably get to see Tiger Claw work alongside the Turtles (along with probably Karai/Shinigami and Bebop/Rocksteady, maybe even Fishface) and a return for Fugitoid, two things I wanted to see by the end of the show but we didn't get.
I would be interested to see them team up with someone like tiger claw, though we know they all loose .. but still, scope for a good story here if Nick will let the non target audience have this

What are the chances he could realise it in another format if Nick do say no?
Also, no may just mean not right now while they are launching rise not, no never.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:13 AM   #3214
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah if this even happens I wouldn't expect this until long after Rise comes out, so not till 2019 or later. Nick won't want two TMNT things competing with each other, they need to make sure Rise is successful first.

As I said they'll probably wait till kids who grew up with the 2012 show are nostalgic for it a few years. I'm glad Ciro already has something on the table. But I wouldn't expect to see the 2012 series revisited until 2019 or later.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:25 AM   #3215
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah if this even happens I wouldn't expect this until long after Rise comes out, so not till 2019 or later. Nick won't want two TMNT things competing with each other, they need to make sure Rise is successful first.

As I said they'll probably wait till kids who grew up with the 2012 show are nostalgic for it a few years. I'm glad Ciro already has something on the table. But I wouldn't expect to see the 2012 series revisited until 2019 or later.
Yeah greed they have to get Rise up and going first and even if they said yes, still gonna take time to complete the story and get everyone on board. Still, not a lifetime away.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:30 AM   #3216
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I wonder if this will be the "true" finale to the series as we know it, similar to how Turtles Forever was released as a seperate movie from the 2k3 series yet was the offical finale of that show.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:39 AM   #3217
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I wonder if this will be the "true" finale to the series as we know it, similar to how Turtles Forever was released as a seperate movie from the 2k3 series yet was the offical finale of that show.
Well they could do with allowing a special just for that, but if it comes before another story not sure you could count it? It would unarguably be the last thing written, produced and aired though.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #3218
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The only thing that bugs me a little is knowing how grimly said special would end. Sure, they are re-united happily ever after in the Mutant Apocalypse, but I wonder how exactly this special will end, as its own thing seperate from the show.

Maybe with a message of hope, as Raphael and Donatello are determined to keep surviving amd find their brothers after the Mutagen Bomb goes off?

Old 02-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #3219
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Depends if its the final time the 2012 series is revisited.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:15 AM   #3220
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
The only thing that bugs me a little is knowing how grimly said special would end. Sure, they are re-united happily ever after in the Mutant Apocalypse, but I wonder how exactly this special will end, as its own thing seperate from the show.

Maybe with a message of hope, as Raphael and Donatello are determined to keep surviving amd find their brothers after the Mutagen Bomb goes off?
Yeah there is that. They said it answers Gripes but it may mean how the Kraang came back, so we know it takes place before and lays the story for the finale but what point they go to? like being a story of it's own which we know is before the bomb or going right up to the bomb or just after.

Tags
season 5