Megan Fox = April

Raph definitely looks like Slash.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #3562
oldmanwinters
Overlord

So maybe the new show will feature "Augmented Reality?"
https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/07/...flix-and-yout/

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 03-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #3563
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That...is a terrible idea.

Especially considering that VR is best used for kids at certain ages...like over the age of seven or something.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #3564
Sumac
Banned

So similar to something like Captain Power and Soldiers of Future?
Old 03-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #3565
Vegita-San
Emperor

Just make the God Danged Show GOOD for Jeebuses sake!

You won't NEED stupid gimmicks to keep people's interest. the show and writing will speak for itself.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #3566
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

This whole thing just kind of reads as the Nick Executives doing this:

Old 03-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #3567
sdp
Megan Fox = April

VR and AR are the future whether most of you like it or not, now I don't know if this is going to work or not but it's the start of companies experimenting on things to keep kids interest in watching their content.

Multinationals are spending a lot of money right now on AR and they've been doing it for a few years now, soon enough it'll just be a thing that everyone accepts as normal since more and more products include AR stuff. Mattel's new line of figures based on Jurassic Wold Fallen Kingdom also features AR so you can use your phone or table to scan your figures and get more "play" out of them.

I think this is cool, not sure how they'll implement it but I'm guessing it's going to be small tidbits that will not excited the older crowd whether it's mini games or a way to interact with the show.

Blues Clues is one of the shows that they mention alongside TMNT so it's easy to tell that in that show kids are just going to select "the clues" whenever the main character asks them what the clue is. When I was a kid you had to scream at the TV and it didn't give you any feedback, now kids will get it.

That's pretty cool but I'm guessing most "nerds" will reject it but they're not the target audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
This whole thing just kind of reads as the Nick Executives doing this:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...45/713/888.jpg
Actually it's the exact opposite of that, it's the 30+ year old "geeks" who think they know what is in and what isn't and to them VR/AR are just "gimmicks" which they aren't.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:51 AM   #3568
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
So maybe the new show will feature "Augmented Reality?"
https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/07/...flix-and-yout/
Last line of the article...”your odds of getting a fat hit are greater if you have more at-bats." So basically swing for the fences and who cares if you strikeout once in awhile. Or maybe try lots of things and hopefully something works. idk
Old 03-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #3569
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How would that even work for something like a TMNT cartoon series...

If VR used with a better portrayal of TMNT was ever able to make fans feel like you're standing among them while watching a movie/series OR interacting with them within a game... admit it, most of us would just die. That needs a decent live action series (or at lest more movies) though. A 2D cartoon like this doesn't sound impressive enough to bother with it.

AR would be what... Are we doing a TMNT version of Pokemon Go?

I can see it now...

The year is 2030, AI and visual representations of characters on mobile on-screen are capable of natural sounding voice based conversation and society has mostly accepted it... It's no longer weird to be standing there having a conversation at the bus stop with one of the Turtles (or someone from some other show) appearing, on screen, to also be waiting at the bus stop... What has become of humanity. (Although TMNT would be fun once in a while. At home. Some would get way too hooked though.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-07-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #3570
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I could also see that being more useful in 2-3 minute "specials" or something, that will maybe take a scene from an episode and have it set so it can feel like you're part of the action. And maybe use that as a chance for you, the viewer, to get chances of dropped clues to later events in the series that maybe the turtles didn't catch because they were too busy fighting or working on something else.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #3571
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I already posted some ideas of what it could be when it comes to the Blues Clues reboot, as far as TMNT I'm not entirely sure but there's tons of possibilities. I mean you have to remember that the show is still just a show on your tv, so they can't automatically make it super interactive, at least not with today's technology.

Maybe it can have quizzes, scan this QR code for a mini-game or to see leo's training that they mentioned in the show but didn't show on the episode and have a 2 minute exclusive video to watch during the commercial breaks. Stuff like that.

Netflix is also getting into the AR action, they've dwelled on it, for example in Kong: King of the Apes which I watched a while ago included segments in the show where after watching an episode you unlocked other videos and in those videos you chose "what power up" you gave Kong to fight the bad guy and depending on what you chose you would lose or win the battle or sometimes neither and it all included different footage for this. Of course You woudn't be able to do this on real tv, it works for netflix since it's streaming but it can give us an idea of what they'll do.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #3572
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Last line of the article...”your odds of getting a fat hit are greater if you have more at-bats." So basically swing for the fences and who cares if you strikeout once in awhile. Or maybe try lots of things and hopefully something works. idk
THAT is why I call it a gimmick..

for instance, would they use something like this for say, Spongebob? or does SB have no need for extra help to keep kids interested?

for something likes blues clues I can see it as a way to keep the show interactive. but not for other shows.

Old 03-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #3573
CyberCubed
Overlord

Vegita-san is literally a 40 year old angry man yelling at clouds because they use different technology in kids cartoons these days differently than what he grew up with in the 1980's.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:58 AM   #3574
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I have a theory, Vegita-San is CyberCubed from an alternate dimension. The more you think about it, the more it makes sense.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #3575
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I have a theory, Vegita-San is CyberCubed from an alternate dimension. The more you think about it, the more it makes sense.
He's about 10 years older than me, and gets angry about kids cartoons. Who knows? But at least I enjoy TMNT.

I'm looking forward to Rise.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 03-07-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #3576
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
THAT is why I call it a gimmick..

for instance, would they use something like this for say, Spongebob? or does SB have no need for extra help to keep kids interested?
If the sponge got a reboot it might happen.

Quote:
mind blown!
Old 03-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #3577
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Hm... Time to upgrade GTX 970 then? Since it is the minimum requirement for VR... But i dont care at all for VR and will never use it . Unless all movies and games becomes VR only but this will never happen!
Old 03-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #3578
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Come on....being compared to cubed is one of the worst insults you can possibly swing at someone. I demand an apology. and chocolate..and a shrubbery. a really nice one....

Old 03-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #3579
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Wow!

Spoiler:

They look moe!
Old 03-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #3580
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
VR and AR are the future whether most of you like it or not, now I don't know if this is going to work or not but it's the start of companies experimenting on things to keep kids interest in watching their content.
They've kept experimenting with it since 80-s.
Not much of a progress have been done since then. Not in a technical matters, but in matters of application. And series with gimmicks ("augmented reality") also have existed in the 80-s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Vegita-san is literally a 40 year old angry man yelling at clouds because they use different technology in kids cartoons these days differently than what he grew up with in the 1980's.
You are not much better 'cubed. You also complain about cartoons for kids, so...
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters