The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #181
sdp
<<-Virtual Dino Raver->>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 6,924
Oh god I hope not, I just googled that and I don't want it anywhere near the TMNT. I've said it before but they did mention "counting the turtles multiverse you never know who may show up". So I guess you can use that quote to give yourself hope for your crossover.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #182
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Given Nick's love for show crossovers period, and the whole "magic" concept, what are the odds of a late in the series TMNT/Myticons crossover.
Only after that Pony crossover in season 2 then we can have that three way crossover with all 3 cartoons late into the show's run.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #183
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,747
Fine, fine... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Oh god I hope not, I just googled that and I don't want it anywhere near the TMNT. I've said it before but they did mention "counting the turtles multiverse you never know who may show up". So I guess you can use that quote to give yourself hope for your crossover.
No, don't get me wrong, I certainly don't want that show crossing over with them, but given how Nick runs things these days and the art style and the magic thing that would mesh well enough... one doth worries about this.



Much prefer that 2003 gets to visit instead. And helps whip 2018 into proper Turtles shape.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #184
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,028
I'd rather the tmnt crossover with someone other than themselves and usagi.
__________________
https://markblogofepicrandomness.blogspot.com Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:53 PM   #185
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,747
Hm, but who... Would Nick stick with their own properties? (Outside of Usagi being a longtime friend pre-Nick and tapped for history/nostalgia.)

I wouldn't mind seeing the new friendship with DC expanding a little further, maybe in this way, although at the same time adding superheros to TMNT's world isn't that interesting to me. (Justice Force are tolerable at best.)
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #186
Shark_Blade
Raph the Big Bro
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'd rather the tmnt crossover with someone other than themselves and usagi.
How about a crossover with prostitutes? Kinda like Batman did in Year One (where Selina Kyle was also one of them). They can be spies all over the city.

The turtles are always in the dark streets and alleys, so it's not far off. Unless we're gonna strictly treat this like "for kiddie series" then, nope. Not gonna happen.
__________________

Ready for TMNT in Injustice 2?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #187
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,747
Well, it's Nick, I think that would be sorta pushing it too far, yeah.


Though it would be kind of funny if there was a side character added who is sometimes seen on the streets and the Turtles have come to know (and somethings gets info from her (or him!) on things she/he has seen around town) and the older viewers kind of eventually grasp the fact that she/he is more than likely a hooker, but it's vague and goes over kid's heads. Some parents would no doubt flip out though.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 08:32 AM   #188
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
How about a crossover with prostitutes? Kinda like Batman did in Year One (where Selina Kyle was also one of them). They can be spies all over the city.

The turtles are always in the dark streets and alleys, so it's not far off. Unless we're gonna strictly treat this like "for kiddie series" then, nope. Not gonna happen.
Maybe if they ever air a Turtles series on Nick At Nite (do they still have these kind of grown-up time slots?) Then you could add more of these 'adult' themes.

Though you might have kids staying up trying to sneak-watch the 'forbidden' series.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:07 PM   #189
Electric
Organized Lightning
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,489
Not even involved in the fandom much anymore but this show honestly doesn’t seem respectful at all. If they just wanted to make a goofier TMNt, fine. Give them magic weapons and rougher designs.

But to change one of core characters so drastically, to switch out the weapons that define them, that’s not really ok to me.

The original nick series did something new and different by making the turtles individualized, by updating two of the weapons in a way that allows them to still be the same. It all reinforces who the characters are. New and fresh.

This new show is a perfect example of crossing the line between new and fresh to unnecessary and overkill. They’re trying to be MORE different, they’re trying to go FURTHER than what’s done before. And it’s not even the TMNT now.


I hope this show flops. Not because I don’t like it. But I hope it sets the example that changes are only good to a certain point. Hoping for a reboot down the line that learns from mistakes.
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:28 PM   #190
shihe
Foot Soldier
 
shihe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 231
Crossover concerns?

I wouldn't worry about it.
Nick had a huge opportunity to do a crossover between TMNT (12) and Kung Fu Panda. Animation was similar enough.
Did that ever happen? No. (Huge missed opportunity IMO)

I'm far from a pony fan, but if it's just one episode, it won't hurt.
It's like that crossover between Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa. I hate UG, but the crossover was pretty entertaining.
__________________
shihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:21 AM   #191
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
Crossover concerns?

I wouldn't worry about it.
Nick had a huge opportunity to do a crossover between TMNT (12) and Kung Fu Panda. Animation was similar enough.
Did that ever happen? No. (Huge missed opportunity IMO)
I could see it happening, but the Usagi crossover has similar themes (set in ancient asia) and has more of a history with tmnt so it was much higher on the priority list of the showrunners. Also loved the Nick crossovers with the 80s turtles, much more than Turtles Forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihe View Post
I'm far from a pony fan, but if it's just one episode, it won't hurt.
It's like that crossover between Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa. I hate UG, but the crossover was pretty entertaining.
With Rise, I think its better to step away from crossovers with other tmnt shows/Usagi and do some other cartoons. I would personally love My Little Pony, but I'm not sure how likely that would be, or how well recieved it would be for that matter.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:00 AM   #192
shredder orokusaki
Stone Warrior
 
shredder orokusaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 826
I will eat Stockman Brain after puting it in jar on hot water to boil! This will be the first show that i will do it. In the 2003 i never killed him i just kept him as a brain in a jar until that IDIOT Chaplin put him in a robot and made him a threat for me again! But this time.... I will not keep his brain forever. This time i will eat it !
__________________
I AM THE SHREDDER!!!!!
shredder orokusaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #193
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,747


You do that.





I will take a TMNT/MLP crossover ONLY if the TMNT end up in the Pony's world (not the Equestria Girls route) for reaction sake.

That way they can be like, "I know we're kinda weird, but tiny talking horses... What." Wouldn't mind seeing how odd that is to them, since they're a lot closer to human on the anthro scale and come from a world full of humans. lol
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #194
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth;1751629I
will take a TMNT/MLP crossover ONLY if the TMNT end up in the Pony's world (not the Equestria Girls route) for reaction sake.

That way they can be like, "I know we're kinda weird, but tiny talking horses... What." Wouldn't mind seeing how odd that is to them, since they're a lot closer to human on the anthro scale and live in world full of humans. lol
Hey, I'm just taking notes from sdp and trying to get meme magic to work

Anyways, I think one of the main appeal of both franshises is that the main characters are talking animals who go on adventures, so I'd have the mane Ponies rather than the Spin-Off Equestria Girls in a crossover (plus the Ponies do alot more fighting against monsters and such, like the tmnt, while the Girls just go to school for the most part).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #195
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
updating two of the weapons
That was awsome. Since the turtles don't use pistols and rifles a lot, you can at least have all of them using sharp weapons when fighting such strong opponensts (like Shredder with armour, or the Kraang inside robots)
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.