The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-07-2018, 06:51 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Peta now has more members that have killed people than the NRA...

Even if it was just herself....
You mean the NRA doesn't have "blood on its hands" over this, too?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #62
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Peta now has more members that have killed people than the NRA...

Even if it was just herself....
1. She was a Peta supporter not a member
2. Can I have a source for that.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:43 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
2. Can I have a source for that.
https://www.quora.com/Of-the-last-ma...y-the-shooters
Old 04-08-2018, 05:01 AM   #64
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Yeah was going to say, knowing whether any of them were actually NRA members I imagine is almost impossible to know. Legally held weapons, yep... most of them are.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:37 AM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Yeah was going to say, knowing whether any of them were actually NRA members I imagine is almost impossible to know.
What? That's like the easiest thing to know, if inquired. They actually have a database and membership. This isn't like some nebulous thing. I've heard of 0 cases where it has been "We have been unable to determine if this individual is part of our organization."
Old 04-08-2018, 06:31 AM   #66
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't really think it's impossible to know whether or not someone is a member of the NRA. They keep records of that..
And I'm sure the records for that are different than the records of people who just get their newsletter.

The same is true for any such organization, be it the NRA, PeTA, or the ACLU.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #67
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Doesn't tell me that Peta has members that killed more people than the NRA
Old 04-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #68
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Yeah was going to say, knowing whether any of them were actually NRA members I imagine is almost impossible to know. Legally held weapons, yep... most of them are.
NRA members get cool little cards... And tshirts and jackets and hats... And would be Front Page News if any of the shooters had had products from them... even if they weren't actually members.

So far, the only "shooter" that was an NRA member was the good guy with a gun that lived next door to that church where a ton of people were murdered. Using an AR15. Not a full auto. Also not an "assault rifle".
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:39 AM   #69
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What? That's like the easiest thing to know, if inquired. They actually have a database and membership. This isn't like some nebulous thing. I've heard of 0 cases where it has been "We have been unable to determine if this individual is part of our organization."
That is readily accessible and queried by anyone, not just the NRA?

Reporter: So... was <insert name of shooter> a member of the NRA?
NRA: <Silence>

That's what I meant...
Old 04-24-2018, 10:06 PM   #70
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Remember, folks...

They turned the frickin' frogs gay.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #71
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Saw this, had to post it...

Spoiler:
Old 04-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #72
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post

One of the strange things to me is that when I think of someone that is a vegan, has exercise videos and cares about animals. I think this person respects and values life. They know the importance of health and caring for those that are vulnerable. So it is very weird that they would go and shoot people. It’s almost like the opposite of everything they allegedly stood for.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0e60c4aa36711

'On October 18, 2014, two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals drove their van to the small community of Parksley, Virginia. Parksley is an out of the way rural town of less than 1,000 people. The destination of the PETA van was a trailer park located there, made up largely of poor, Spanish speaking immigrants. The park is described by a local resident as “difficult to find unless you know where you are going.” The PETA employees knew exactly where they were going because they had been there before.

Over several weeks, PETA representatives had been visiting the trailer park and befriending the residents. They got to know who lived where and who had dogs and cats. They sat with the families on their porches, talking to them, offering biscuits to the dogs, promoting vaccinations, sterilization, and other PETA services. One of the families they spent time with had a three year old Chihuahua named Maya, a happy, healthy, and beloved dog. And on October 18, her home was one of the houses PETA set out to visit. This time, however, they were not there to talk to the family or any of the other residents or to offer any kind of assistance. In fact, they knew the family was not home.

The PETA employees backed their van up to the porch and threw biscuits to Maya, who was sitting on her porch, hoping to coax her off her property and give PETA the ability to claim she was a stray dog “at large” whom they could therefore legally impound. In Virginia, PETA is licensed as an “animal shelter.” But Maya refused to stay off the property and after grabbing the biscuit, ran back to the safety of her porch. One of the employees went onto the property and stole Maya. But larceny wasn’t the only law the PETA employees would break. Virginia law requires dogs to be held for five days before they can be killed by shelters. It also requires private shelters like PETA to notify the municipal animal control shelter of any “stray” dogs they take in. PETA would do neither. Within hours, Maya was dead. PETA had killed her with a lethal dose of poison.

Maya’s family ultimately sued PETA. Last month, after arguing and losing pre-trial motions that Maya was worthless and facing the specter of PETA administrators being forced to turn over records and testify under oath about their inner workings — particularly, their campaign of animal extermination — PETA settled the case by paying Maya’s family $49,000.

Tragically, Maya was not the only animal they killed that year. In 2014, PETA killed 2,324 of the 2,626 animals it acquired, including Maya. It had a 1% adoption rate. In 2015, it killed another 1,494. Last year, 1,442 were put to death. The majority of the remainder were taken to local pounds where they were killed. '

Just because they say they are for animals and are vegans, doesn't mean anything. PETA is notorious for killing animals, yet they are the most loudly veganist and animal rights group one can think of.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 04-26-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote