The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 02:03 AM   #381
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So apparently...

Spoiler:
Darth Maul is in the movie, and he's the bigshot gangster in this calling all the shots. Ray Park reprised the role and all.

Huh.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:27 AM   #382
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
So apparently...

Spoiler:
Darth Maul is in the movie, and he's the bigshot gangster in this calling all the shots. Ray Park reprised the role and all.

Huh.
Spoiler:
I'm trying to get my time line in place here, so he died when Anakin was a child, but is alive when Han is a man? is it that he didn't die in the prequel after all? I mean Anakin became Vader right before Luke and Leia were born, Han is older than them yeah but not that much.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:32 AM   #383
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
So apparently...

Spoiler:

Huh.
That's probably the only thing that makes me interested in this movie so far.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:00 AM   #384
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Spoiler:
I'm trying to get my time line in place here, so he died when Anakin was a child, but is alive when Han is a man? is it that he didn't die in the prequel after all? I mean Anakin became Vader right before Luke and Leia were born, Han is older than them yeah but not that much.
Spoiler:
If you've ever watched the later Clone Wars animated series or Rebels, you'd already know this heh... yes, he survived being sliced in two and had his legs replaced. So I guess they are definitely referencing it through as canon in the films too.

This may... MAY explain why Ray Park is doing two conventions here in the UK this summer...!
Old 05-21-2018, 06:01 AM   #385
newfan
Mad Scientist

No I haven't seen the animated shows, I guess that will likely be covered in the movie however it still doesn't explain ......
Spoiler:
That it would calsh with the Darth Vader being around, or was that in the toon too?
Old 05-21-2018, 06:44 AM   #386
sdp
Megan Fox = April

What the, that would've made sense and been awesome in an Obi Wan movie but in a Han Solo movie as a gangster?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:17 AM   #387
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I'm glad a SW movie will actually acknowledge a major event from an animated series. In the past it's just been little nods here and there.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #388
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This is the first real example of Kennedy-approved Star Wars EU stuff changing major stuff/characters carrying over into the actual live action films.

And no, nobody cares about Saw Gerrera.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:03 AM   #389
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
No I haven't seen the animated shows, I guess that will likely be covered in the movie however it still doesn't explain ......
Spoiler:
That it would calsh with the Darth Vader being around, or was that in the toon too?
Spoiler:
Maul has nothing to do with the Empire, he was cast aside, rescued, had his legs replaced, and now leads his own life. Vader is now Palpatine's apprentice. Albeit in the cartoon he did try to take on the Emperor with his brother, and they lost.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #390
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Spoiler:
Maul has nothing to do with the Empire, he was cast aside, rescued, had his legs replaced, and now leads his own life. Vader is now Palpatine's apprentice. Albeit in the cartoon he did try to take on the Emperor with his brother, and they lost.
Oh okay that explains it, interesting. I wonder what the story will be with the movie.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #391
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"Always three there are. The master and the apprentice... and Darth Maul, somewhere in the shadows."

Wait, what?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #392
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
"Always three there are. The master and the apprentice... and Darth Maul, somewhere in the shadows."

Wait, what?
Well that's what I had been thinking with the timeline also..
Old 05-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #393
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I guess it could be read that he no longer considers himself a Sith or a member of their order... so the "Rule of Two" doesn't apply to him.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #394
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I guess it could be read that he no longer considers himself a Sith or a member of their order... so the "Rule of Two" doesn't apply to him.
This would fit, he isn't the master or apprentice.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #395
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:

Wait, what?
At least they can make the argument that Maul was no longer a Sith and the Rule of Two still applied. What gets me is having Ventress essentially be the apprentice to the apprentice. I think they just referred to her as Dooku's assassin to avoid breaking the rule but she was basically a Sith trained by Dooku.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:19 PM   #396
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The rule of two never made much sense even if it sounded cool. I don't mind Darth Maul being alive, I think that's really cool actually, it was only his debut episodes in the Clone Wars were he was acting like a hobo that sucked. I wasn't a fan of his "super evil brother" Savaj Opress or whatever he was called either.

He just shouldn't be in a Han Solo movie but I mean if the Obi Wan movie is actually happening I"d love to see Obi Wan vs Darth Maul Round 2 in a movie. It's the only reason to bring him back IMO. Ironically enough the old EU story of Darth Maul being alive with robot legs fighting Obi Wan in the pre-OT era was deemed so crazy that it was non-canon.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #397
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Ironically enough the old EU story of Darth Maul being alive with robot legs fighting Obi Wan in the pre-OT era was deemed so crazy that it was non-canon.

This isn't canon? When was that announced?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #398
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
He just shouldn't be in a Han Solo movie but I mean if the Obi Wan movie is actually happening I"d love to see Obi Wan vs Darth Maul Round 2 in a movie. It's the only reason to bring him back IMO. Ironically enough the old EU story of Darth Maul being alive with robot legs fighting Obi Wan in the pre-OT era was deemed so crazy that it was non-canon.
They ruined any chance of that happening with Rebels
Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #399
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
They ruined any chance of that happening with Rebels
They could always redo/expand that scene in the Obi-Wan movie.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:46 PM   #400
CyberCubed
Overlord

So Solo has "only" a 71% on rotten:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sol...ar_wars_story/

While that score is decent by other movie standards, for a Disney Star Wars movie it's the lowest to date, as TFA, Rogue One, and The Last Jedi all have much, much higher.

Most likely Disney is going to take the low score seriously, I doubt this will get any sequels. I can't imaging the business execs at Disney are happy right now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story