The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #521
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

DAMN!!! Was as quick as possible, already logged into paypal, but hit some lag when checking out. Regular set sold out on me. I was pissed, but went back to the SDCC page and saw the turtles and street set still available and was able to snag one YESSSSSSSSS.
I'm going to go have a heart attack now.....
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:06 AM   #522
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
I missed on my birthday yesterday but practiced the methods this morning and was able to snag a dio set and a regular set. regular set is for a fellow dromer overseas. I really dont like this sort of stress and adrenaline when buying collectibles... something has to happen to change this
I agree. Didn't Nine Inch Nails recently do a round of ticket sales that could only be purchased at a box office? Obviously that's practical with something like these, but there's always this feeling that you're playing the lottery or something. It is extremely frustrating for people who do their due diligence but still miss out.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #523
Roseangelo
Emperor

Call me crazy, but if they let you add it to your cart, it should give you a reasonable amount of time to complete the transaction. POS systems are completely capable of managing inventory to be able to do this..
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #524
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Haha, just look at the screen that I got stuck at!
http://i.imgur.com/Ufvc8VUh.jpg
Oh yeah mine took forever at that screen too.

Happy times.

To be quite honest, the more angry we get the funnier this whole thing is

Damn pieces of plastic

Play! * Follow! * Support!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #525
Purse Grabbin Puke
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Haha, just look at the screen that I got stuck at!
http://i.imgur.com/Ufvc8VUh.jpg
Same exact thing happened to me, then it said my payment method token expired and it wiped out my credit card info, and I had to reenter my info. I'm beyond pissed.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #526
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

After failing yesterday and being pretty much in a dead mood since then... today I doubled my efforts and made it happen.

I strongly suggest people try THE APPLE PAY METHOD that's what I used... you don't get put in a queue... you just do Face ID or Touch ID and wait... and you are set.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:09 AM   #527
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior

Missed it...
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:10 AM   #528
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Call me crazy, but if they let you add it to your cart, it should give you a reasonable amount of time to complete the transaction. POS systems are completely capable of managing inventory to be able to do this..
I think even Mattycollector's horrible system was capable of this. Not 100% sure though (it's been a while).

Play! * Follow! * Support!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #529
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Here is Neca's Excuses in terms of ordering SDCC Merch

From NECA: "In an effort to keep things simple and recognizable, we have used the same rules, FAQs and purchase limits for years. There is only a set quantity each day (which we do not reveal, but it is decent). The sale starts at the same time each day since at least 2016. Purchase limits are the same as always - 2 per item, which means that you can’t get 2 figure sets and also get 2 figure diorama bundles… that would make 4 figure sets. The reason for purchase limits it that we know scalpers will be trying to game the system and we try to make it as hard as possible for them".

But I had one in my shopping cart! What happened?

From NECA: "Having something in your cart does not mean you have purchased it. That’s an online shopping standard… unless you have Ticketmaster money, of course! For everyone else, it’s easiest to think of the process like a vending machine… credit card validation goes in, stock comes out. The “line” at the vending machine is just happening in microseconds, but there is most definitely a line".

There are scalpers out there with bots buying them!

From NECA: "The system flags suspicious orders for us, and we review those manually. This results in some stock being freed up. That stock goes back into the next day’s quantity, so day 2 stock is always a touch higher than day one".

Why can't I get these in stores?
From NECA: "TMNT not only keeps any 7” scale we make out of retail, it limits the number we can make".

http://actionfigurejunkies.com/neca-...afj-exclusive/
Old 06-07-2018, 11:13 AM   #530
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
I think even Mattycollector's horrible system was capable of this. Not 100% sure though (it's been a while).
Yesterday, that was how I interpreted that "Wait your turn" loading page that came up after I went from cart to checkout. I figured NECA had gotten smart and was offering a timed window for folks to complete their purchase. I gave them too much credit!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #531
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
i actually kinda agree i mean if your in the store with something in you shopping cart nobody else can buy it. i think at least a time limit should be instated where if its in you cart more then 5 minutes or something you lose it, people cant even "one click" checkout like this

i dont really think the company cares, i mean they are making their money
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #532
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I don't know why anybody would try to use PAYPAL today when the entire Internet was telling them not to after yesterday.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #533
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
I don't know why anybody would try to use PAYPAL today when the entire Internet was telling them not to after yesterday.
It's not a choice for some of us. Not that it matters when you've gotta wait in a queue AND for the BS shipping methods widget to buffer.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #534
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash32 View Post
I was able to get one today even with a bit of delay on their site
I used PayPal wo a problem
Old 06-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #535
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Did anyone get an extra set? I tried to purchase it again today with no luck. My info was supposed to be in, then all of a sudden, it wants me to enter more info, which was already supposed to be there. Now, it's back to the beginning.

Playmates should be ashamed of themselves for having NECA sell these cool-looking collectible figures as only convention exclusives.

You know what? Enough is enough. If Playmates doesn't give the rights to the comics and films to NECA, I suggest a Playmates Toys boycott. I'm so done with this.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #536
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
i used paypal on mine because i tried saving my card info and it kept clearing it. at least paypal has my preferred shipping address and card info saved. plus its protected
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #537
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I used paypal just fine yesterday.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #538
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

So beyond pissed at how awful the NECA site runs. I kept playing with the NECA site after my last post and managed to get my card info saved so I was all set for today. I kept refreshing minutes before the sale and as soon as the Sold Out button changed to the Add to Cart button I hit it and went to checkout. Once again the wait in line BS started again and it felt longer than the one from yesterday. Then yet another hold up was the shipping options were loading. Why does that need to load?! It didn't need to load yesterday! Then the site tells me that my payment information expired so I had to scramble to paste my card number and retype my name, expiration date and CVV. Sure enough, it sold out again. This is seriously ridiculous and frustrating
Old 06-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #539
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexichrist83 View Post
So beyond pissed at how awful the NECA site runs. I kept playing with the NECA site after my last post and managed to get my card info saved so I was all set for today. I kept refreshing minutes before the sale and as soon as the Sold Out button changed to the Add to Cart button I hit it and went to checkout. Once again the wait in line BS started again and it felt longer than the one from yesterday. Then yet another hold up was the shipping options were loading. Why does that need to load?! It didn't need to load yesterday! Then the site tells me that my payment information expired so I had to scramble to paste my card number and retype my name, expiration date and CVV. Sure enough, it sold out again. This is seriously ridiculous and frustrating
That's what happened to me!
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:24 AM   #540
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I used paypal just fine yesterday.
Well, a lotta people drove without wearing their seat belt and didn't die yesterday also...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote