The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 13,815
Free speech dead in the UK?



Tommy Robinson "disappears" amid his reporting on the apparently decades-long systematic rape of hundreds of non-Muslim children by gangs of Muslim men.

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...d_is_dead.html
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:03 AM   #2
BartAllen
Stone Warrior
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 783
I don't get it. It's almost like the UK Government cares more about 'wrong-think' than it does about children being raped by backward thinking ideologues simply because said ideologues are brown.

Men are literally raping little girls in the thousands and the feminists and progressives don't seem to care. They're more interested in getting rid of Robinson for 'hate speech' . It's a damn strange time to be alive.
__________________
Presented without comment. Make up your own mind about this situation.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 02:53 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,484
Are you talking about Tommy Robinson the far-right activist who cofounded the racist group English Defense League?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:10 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 14,480




Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Are you talking about Tommy Robinson the far-right activist who cofounded the racist group English Defense League?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:16 AM   #5
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
I don't get it. It's almost like the UK Government cares more about 'wrong-think' than it does about children being raped by backward thinking ideologues simply because said ideologues are brown.

Men are literally raping little girls in the thousands and the feminists and progressives don't seem to care. They're more interested in getting rid of Robinson for 'hate speech' . It's a damn strange time to be alive.
You can't make political points by defending little girls from backwards ****wads nowadays. And if you try - you're fascist, become "not all Muslims are like that".
Except while indeed some of them might not be like that, but their very toxic and sexist culture encourages such type of behavior, which is being praised by braindead lefties as "unique and beautiful".

It clearly paints a very "nice" picture what are modern "brave lefties" nowadays. Sexist, misogynistic idiots they are, who are using ideas of equality to virtue signal and play "woke" olympics. And they will throw in the grinder everyone who dare to oppose them, be it women, children, it doesn't matter for them. They operate like a new religion. Zealous adherence to the FAITH or a you are literal subhuman.

What exactly you can expect from a movement that genuinely proclaims that "men can become women" and should violate privacy and safety of the women and advocate prostitution on the grounds "but women have no other way to survive, better put them dick in a mouth".
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!

Last edited by Sumac; 06-12-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,828
No. Just no. **** off with this ****.

Yaxley was not arrested for exercising free speach, he was arrested for contempt of court by trying to influence jurors which could have seen the case thrown out and the perpetrators walk free.

If he was just some rando guy that's mad that media isn't talking about Muslim grooming gangs enough or in the right way you might overlook this but he's a professional grifter who has repeatedly done this before and warned that it would see rapists go free which is presumably what he wants so he can go on his internet shows and demos and rant about how PC culture has infected the court system and protecting radical muslims and make a whole lot of money doing it.

Also in the particular case the ring leaders of the gang are not Muslim. Again if Yaxley was just some guy that saw some Asian criminals and just assumed they were Muslim you could dismiss him as a random crackpot but he knows what he's doing. He knows that he pass Sikhs off as Muslim and it's better to do this as Sikhs are lower down on the scary scale.

Speaking of which please spare painting him as a friend to the 'good' minorities. The EDL recruitment stuff makes it clear they are anti-Islam, anti-LGBT, anti-Jews and so on. The fact that he has 'friends' in minorities he rails against is nothing new. The best gig some people in minorities can get is to partner up with the far right and parrot their views. See we can't be sexist/homophobic/racists we have a woman/gay/black guy saying the same thing. These people are usually tossed out after they have outlived their usefulness.

It's kinda ironic that the Police are the most venerated public servants after the armed forces to the point that any criticism is shouted down as unpatriotic by the political right but then these "Tommy Robinson" protesters throw glass bottles, throw metal fences, spit and generally assault the police and apparently that's fine. I mean this is not being covered that much by the news either but no one is crying cover up (even though if any minority group was doing you'd bet it would much better covered) all in the false view that free speech is being quashed.

The best trick the alt-right ever learned was to re-frame their bigoted arguments as free speach ones. People across the political spectrum used to frown upon holocaust denial then the alt-right swapped saying "the holocaust didn't happen" with "why am I not allowed to say the holocaust didn't happen" and then just like that people are instantly neutered and to (varying degrees) forced to be cool with holocaust denial. That's the real political correctness gone mad.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #7
BartAllen
Stone Warrior
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
No. Just no. **** off with this ****.

Yaxley was not arrested for exercising free speach, he was arrested for contempt of court by trying to influence jurors which could have seen the case thrown out and the perpetrators walk free.

If he was just some rando guy that's mad that media isn't talking about Muslim grooming gangs enough or in the right way you might overlook this but he's a professional grifter who has repeatedly done this before and warned that it would see rapists go free which is presumably what he wants so he can go on his internet shows and demos and rant about how PC culture has infected the court system and protecting radical muslims and make a whole lot of money doing it.

Also in the particular case the ring leaders of the gang are not Muslim. Again if Yaxley was just some guy that saw some Asian criminals and just assumed they were Muslim you could dismiss him as a random crackpot but he knows what he's doing. He knows that he pass Sikhs off as Muslim and it's better to do this as Sikhs are lower down on the scary scale.

Speaking of which please spare painting him as a friend to the 'good' minorities. The EDL recruitment stuff makes it clear they are anti-Islam, anti-LGBT, anti-Jews and so on. The fact that he has 'friends' in minorities he rails against is nothing new. The best gig some people in minorities can get is to partner up with the far right and parrot their views. See we can't be sexist/homophobic/racists we have a woman/gay/black guy saying the same thing. These people are usually tossed out after they have outlived their usefulness.

It's kinda ironic that the Police are the most venerated public servants after the armed forces to the point that any criticism is shouted down as unpatriotic by the political right but then these "Tommy Robinson" protesters throw glass bottles, throw metal fences, spit and generally assault the police and apparently that's fine. I mean this is not being covered that much by the news either but no one is crying cover up (even though if any minority group was doing you'd bet it would much better covered) all in the false view that free speech is being quashed.

The best trick the alt-right ever learned was to re-frame their bigoted arguments as free speach ones. People across the political spectrum used to frown upon holocaust denial then the alt-right swapped saying "the holocaust didn't happen" with "why am I not allowed to say the holocaust didn't happen" and then just like that people are instantly neutered and to (varying degrees) forced to be cool with holocaust denial. That's the real political correctness gone mad.
I'd love to see more outrage like this aimed at the people harming children. Instead you focus all your ire at one man who did nothing but talk. Sorry, I can't agree with you on this. The majority of these grooming gangs are majority muslim. They're raping your children.
__________________
Presented without comment. Make up your own mind about this situation.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #8
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
I'd love to see more outrage like this aimed at the people harming children. Instead you focus all your ire at one man who did nothing but talk. Sorry, I can't agree with you on this. The majority of these grooming gangs are majority muslim. They're raping your children.
Can't we be outrages at both? Can't we demand justice for victims of grooming gangs (Muslim or otherwise) and violent racist thus like Yaxley?

Yaxley wasn't just talking he was actively interfering with a trial. Again if was just some random idiot you could dismiss this but he's been warned when he's done this before that his actions could see the case thrown out and pedophiles walk free but he's done it again.

If he cared one tiny bit about victims of child grooming he'd let justice run it's course. Instead he keeps doing things that could see criminals walk free. The only reasonable conclusion you can draw is that he wants them to go free then can he rabble rouse on the internet and his demos and make a whole lot of money doing it.

He can still do his activism and "journalism" just obey the law. Also if he was confident in his anti-Islam stance he'd stick to facts rather than lie and distort facts like in this case when the ring leaders were not Muslim as he claimed.

Speaking of distorting facts after years of forwarding myths of Muslim no go areas were police don't patrol it's a sad irony that the only time I've seen the police run away from a threat is when Yaxley's Nazi saluting supporters have assaulted, threw glass bottles and metal fences and spat at them. They literally chased them down the street. With all the protests that get out of hand and riots that are happening it only these far right ones - now in support of a fraud he wont use his real name - that get that level of violent.

We can and should be outraged at both.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #9
BartAllen
Stone Warrior
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Can't we be outrages at both? Can't we demand justice for victims of grooming gangs (Muslim or otherwise) and violent racist thus like Yaxley?

Yaxley wasn't just talking he was actively interfering with a trial. Again if was just some random idiot you could dismiss this but he's been warned when he's done this before that his actions could see the case thrown out and pedophiles walk free but he's done it again.

If he cared one tiny bit about victims of child grooming he'd let justice run it's course. Instead he keeps doing things that could see criminals walk free. The only reasonable conclusion you can draw is that he wants them to go free then can he rabble rouse on the internet and his demos and make a whole lot of money doing it.

He can still do his activism and "journalism" just obey the law. Also if he was confident in his anti-Islam stance he'd stick to facts rather than lie and distort facts like in this case when the ring leaders were not Muslim as he claimed. You and I just grew up in different countries. In the US the KKK has a right to do what they do. I despise that they are racist pieces of scum, but they have the right to be vile pieces of crap.

Speaking of distorting facts after years of forwarding myths of Muslim no go areas were police don't patrol it's a sad irony that the only time I've seen the police run away from a threat is when Yaxley's Nazi saluting supporters have assaulted, threw glass bottles and metal fences and spat at them. They literally chased them down the street. With all the protests that get out of hand and riots that are happening it only these far right ones - now in support of a fraud he wont use his real name - that get that level of violent.

We can and should be outraged at both.
I think there are levels. Being outraged at a group of men for harming children is absolutely appropriate. Getting mad at someone for having the wrong opinion and voicing it? Anything above being mildly annoyed is uncalled for.
__________________
Presented without comment. Make up your own mind about this situation.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #10
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,782
So at least we're in agreement that his opinions are wrong.
Well, that's some common ground at least.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #11
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
Getting mad at someone for having the wrong opinion and voicing it? Anything above being mildly annoyed is uncalled for.
How about getting mad about a racist c*nt that co-founded a hate group tried to screw over the court by publishing information that could prejudice an ongoing trial against the groomers this "journalist" pretends to care about getting jail time.

That's not just "having the wrong opinion"
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #12
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
I think there are levels. Being outraged at a group of men for harming children is absolutely appropriate. Getting mad at someone for having the wrong opinion and voicing it? Anything above being mildly annoyed is uncalled for.
He wasn't arrested for having a wrong opinion and voicing it.

He was arrested for trying to interfere with jurors. He was already on a suspended sentence for doing this and warned if he did it again that he'd go to prison. I'm pretty sure similar laws exist in the United States. What we should be outraged about is that he did this knowing that it endangered the case and almost allowed ringleaders of grooming gangs to go free.

We should also be outraged that his supporters are turning very, very violent.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #13
BartAllen
Stone Warrior
 
BartAllen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
He wasn't arrested for having a wrong opinion and voicing it.

He was arrested for trying to interfere with jurors. He was already on a suspended sentence for doing this and warned if he did it again that he'd go to prison. I'm pretty sure similar laws exist in the United States. What we should be outraged about is that he did this knowing that it endangered the case and almost allowed ringleaders of grooming gangs to go free.

We should also be outraged that his supporters are turning very, very violent.
That's how the court is wrapping it to justify going after him. They arrested him, sentenced and jailed him in a matter of hours. This was a witch hunt. The worst part about this is they wouldn't even let him have his own lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
How about getting mad about a racist c*nt that co-founded a hate group tried to screw over the court by publishing information that could prejudice an ongoing trial against the groomers this "journalist" pretends to care about getting jail time.

That's not just "having the wrong opinion"
Again, this is how it was painted by the government that went after him. How could he influence the jury? Are they not sequestered in your country? Again, I am disturbed by the outrage thrown at him. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the rage being placed where it belongs, at the people that harmed children.
__________________
Presented without comment. Make up your own mind about this situation.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59001
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #14
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,484
It's not a witch hunt, the was caught doing something illegal AGAIN and now get the consequences. Serves him right.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #15
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,516
In the eyes of modern lefties racist rhetoric is worse than raping kids.

Mostly because getting against grooming gangs might kill you and will take a lot of more efforts than outrage campaign (which is mostly shouting in the air and Twitter).
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:57 AM   #16
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 13,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
In the eyes of modern lefties racist rhetoric is worse than raping kids.

Mostly because getting against grooming gangs might kill you and will take a lot of more efforts than outrage campaign (which is mostly shouting in the air and Twitter).
I see that in your eyes it's okay to commit other crimes while rapists are on trial, what a weird worldview you got Sumac
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #17
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I see that in your eyes it's okay to commit other crimes while rapists are on trial, what a weird worldview you got Sumac
My worldview is that some crimes deserve more reaction than others.
And I am not sure, if I consider some stupid speech to be a major crime deserving outrage.

Personally I don't understand why news about grooming gangs don't cause major reaction in the society. Especially considering number of the people who had suffered.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #18
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
That's how the court is wrapping it to justify going after him. They arrested him, sentenced and jailed him in a matter of hours. This was a witch hunt. The worst part about this is they wouldn't even let him have his own lawyer.
He was jailed quickly because he was already on a suspended sentence for doing something similar. When you have a suspended sentence it's made clear to you that if you commit another crime you go straight to jail.

He wasn't bundled away by the deep state, he wasn't given a harsher sentence than normal and he wont be sent to a 70% Muslim prison as those don't exist. He has a history of criminal behavior including assault, beating his wife and fraud. As far as I'm concerned the legal system has been very lenient with him.

Quote:
Again, this is how it was painted by the government that went after him. How could he influence the jury? Are they not sequestered in your country? Again, I am disturbed by the outrage thrown at him. I'd feel a lot more comfortable with the rage being placed where it belongs, at the people that harmed children.
He was outside the court with other journalists as jurors and defendants entered the court. Unlike other journalists he was shouting at them as they entered.

I'm outraged that even though he's been informed of the consequences he knowingly did something which could see rapists walk free. If they had and they'd harmed more children it would have been on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
In the eyes of modern lefties racist rhetoric is worse than raping kids.

Mostly because getting against grooming gangs might kill you and will take a lot of more efforts than outrage campaign (which is mostly shouting in the air and Twitter).
And in the eyes of the modern right defending a violent racist breaking the law is more important than seeing genuine justice for child grooming. Mostly because if justice is actually done they can't as easily indulge in their own bigoted outrage campaigns.

See? I can do dumb hot takes too.

Seriously though it's strange that people on the right despite being told Yaxley's actions can cause the case to be thrown out and pedophiles to walk free don't seem to care about that at all.

I ask you what is more important; making sure that pedophiles get jailed or making sure a racist can risk pedophiles not getting jailed so he can spout racist rhetoric?

If it's the former then you really have to drop the support and/or defense of this guy. Also if the right can condemn these riots in defense of this guy that'd be swell too.

Last edited by Galactus; 06-14-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:51 PM   #19
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
And in the eyes of the modern right defending a violent racists breaking the law is more important than seeing genuine justice for child grooming. Mostly as they enjoy being about hate filled rhetoric they are willing to let rapists go free to continue doing it.

See? I can do dumb hot takes too.

Seriously though it's strange that people on the right despite being told Yaxley's actions can cause the case to be thrown out and pedophiles to walk free don't seem to care about that at all.

I ask you what is more important; making sure that pedophiles get jailed or making sure a violent thug can risk pedophiles getting jailed so he can spout racist rhetoric?

If it's the former then you really have to drop the support and/or defense of this guy. Also if the right can condemn these riots in defense of this guy that'd be swell too.
How about prosecuting both?
I know it's revolutionary concept for people who love to virtue signal, but still.

And I am not right nor left. I am not responsible for anything that they do and have no power whatsoever on either side, so how about you ask people who have connections to this guy to do something? It would have been much more productive than crying about alt-rats / lefties on the forum of another country.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #20
Galactus
Mad Scientist
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
How about prosecuting both?
I know it's revolutionary concept for people who love to virtue signal, but still.
Isn't that almost exactly what I said a couple of comments ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Can't we be outrages at both? Can't we demand justice for victims of grooming gangs (Muslim or otherwise) and violent racist thus like Yaxley?
Also I'm not sure what is "virtue signalling" about anything I've said and since my point is largely the same as what you're currently saying does that mean you're virtue signalling too?

Quote:
And I am not right nor left. I am not responsible for anything that they do and have no power whatsoever on either side, so how about you ask people who have connections to this guy to do something? It would have been much more productive than crying about alt-rats / lefties on the forum of another country.
I didn't say you were. Then again given your comments you seemed to assume I am on the left perhaps because I criticized the alt-right so then surely it's reasonable to assume you're on the right since every post you've done has had some attack for the left.

Regardless I don't understand you and Bart Allen trying to portray Yaxley as some kind of victim and up until your last post seem uninterested in the potential damage he could do to seeing justice done.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.