Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #4341
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It looks like the Turtles are dancing.

Spoiler:

Edit: Looks like there's a new, unseen mutant!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Papenbrook; 06-23-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #4342
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Look, Raph's roach/bug fear is coming back...
Old 06-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #4343
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I think the suits look pretty neat, like big toys.
Indeed, not near as appealing as the official Nick 2k12 style suits, but still very impressive for what they are. I liked the old 80s action-figure styled suits that got used in the Blue Line special VHS too.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 06-25-2018, 12:51 AM   #4344
Ninjinister
無問題

So like...

Outside of the Turtles, Splinter, and April, and the presence of a Foot Clan of some sort...

We have like, no indication of any other returning characters...

And like no friends/allies to speak of outside of those six and Mayhem?

S'weird.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:24 AM   #4345
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Well in 2012 Casey wasn't even a thing until season 2.

Hmm I guess this show is probably going to derive even less inspiration from the comics. But even less than 87? We'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I'm attuned to changes. And I'll be completely fine if they got rid of his anger issues or just turned him into 80s Raph. But this is just pure idiocy.
80's Raph is best Raph. I will stand by this forever.

My thoughts on the motion comic.
Before I go on a tangent. First I want to say that I have no problem with Raph being the leader. Even if he's an idiot, I can hope for character development. I honestly don't get why people have their panties twisted on this one factor of the show when there are many more legitimate things to complain about.

Onto the Verdict: I'm Meeeeehhh on it. The mystical powers are very gimmicky. It's not creative so much as it is "what will kids think is 'cool'". I'll really need to see it in action but I already have at least some problems but I'll get to that later.
The art style actually looks REALLY good for comic books. But for animation? I'm not sure...See it'd be very nice if the animation budget was high but we already know we're getting cheap flash soooo...

And I'm not sold on all of the voices. Though I like Leo's voice. Admittedly that might be because I never could get into Seth Green's "I'm Batman Jr." voice he gave Leo in 2012.

Ok so for things I really dislike. The mystical powers, Donnie's and Raph's especially. Raph's power is to essentially hulk out...which is something he shouldn't need considering he is a giant mutant turtle. So the strong characters "special power" is...to be stronger? Mmmmokay?

Don's magical staff that can change shape really undermines his role as the smart guy. You could give such a weapon to a really stupid person and they'd be able to use it just fine. Don is the idea guy, but having a magical convenience stick that changes shape kind of ruins that. As far as Leo's special power...I actually like it? But I want to see how it works in animation. I'm a fan of Wakfu. Anyone who reads this who is also a fan of Wakfu will know what I'm talking about.
Mikey's special power is basically "his weapon glows ooooo". Not interesting.

For my final complaint, which is in contrast to Don's magical bo staff. It's the fact that Don is literally flying. Like whats the point of him even being a physically fit ninja if he's just going to use gadgets for everything? Every other iteration of this character still had to think and problem solve and still had the basic obstacle of gravity to deal with. And if he can fly,why don't they all get gadgets that let them fly?

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 06-25-2018 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:23 AM   #4346
Ninjinister
無問題

Yeah that doesn't worry me. I'm just... surprised, I guess? I mean yeah, we didn't have Casey and even Bebop and Rocksteady until later, but... at least we had Shredder and (The) Kr(a)ang.

Even though I'm still on the fence on the whole, I do like that they're trying something different. But since this franchise runs so hard on nostalgia, you'd think they'd try to invoke it a little more. Then again this just might be the first one purposely not appealing to older fans!
Old 06-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #4347
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'm still gonna wait for more animation trailers and for the show to come out before I judge it. The comics though......I'll probably pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
And I'm not sold on all of the voices. Though I like Leo's voice. Admittedly that might be because I never could get into Seth Green's "I'm Batman Jr." voice he gave Leo in 2012.
I'm the complete opposite. I felt Bigg's portrayal was a little nasally for my taste. The transition from Biggs to Green was a bit bizarre but Green portrays Leo in a tone that I prefer. I like Leo being the more mature and serious leader. Biggs was fine for the time but Green's voice leans more towards my preference of Leo's voice. That's just me, though.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM   #4348
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Yeah that doesn't worry me. I'm just... surprised, I guess? I mean yeah, we didn't have Casey and even Bebop and Rocksteady until later, but... at least we had Shredder and (The) Kr(a)ang.

Even though I'm still on the fence on the whole, I do like that they're trying something different. But since this franchise runs so hard on nostalgia, you'd think they'd try to invoke it a little more. Then again this just might be the first one purposely not appealing to older fans!
Dont worry! I will be main villian again. Turtles dont work without me. They need me to fight because only i can hurt them badly and only i can offer them a real challenge ! Evryone else(mutants utroms and aliens in general) are too weak comapred to me! Do you think they will be fighting only utroms mutants and humans but not me? That impossible!
Old 06-25-2018, 09:40 AM   #4349
Casey
Stone Warrior

Is there anyway to change this thread to the title of the show and make it like an official thread? I know there's also the announcements thread too. Just seems weird that we all post on these ones that have these outdated titles.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:28 AM   #4350
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I'm the complete opposite. I felt Bigg's portrayal was a little nasally for my taste. The transition from Biggs to Green was a bit bizarre but Green portrays Leo in a tone that I prefer. I like Leo being the more mature and serious leader. Biggs was fine for the time but Green's voice leans more towards my preference of Leo's voice. That's just me, though.
Mike Sinterniklaas pulled off stoic well in 2k3. Seth Green just felt dry and, i dunno, his voice didn't feel right coming out of 2012 Leo's mouth. Does not help that the writers eradicated his adorkable personality so he could be more "stoic" and "serious". Its like they finally got the memo that mature characters normally are the driest, most boring characters in shows like this.

^^^^
Old 06-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #4351
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Mike Sinterniklaas pulled off stoic well in 2k3.
Definitely agreed!

Quote:
Seth Green just felt dry and, i dunno, his voice didn't feel right coming out of 2012 Leo's mouth. Does not help that the writers eradicated his adorkable personality so he could be more "stoic" and "serious". Its like they finally got the memo that mature characters normally are the driest, most boring characters in shows like this.
That's kinda how I felt about the multiple versions of Batman after TAS tbh, so I can see where you're coming from.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:00 PM   #4352
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Dont worry! I will be main villian again. Turtles dont work without me. They need me to fight because only i can hurt them badly and only i can offer them a real challenge ! Evryone else(mutants utroms and aliens in general) are too weak comapred to me! Do you think they will be fighting only utroms mutants and humans but not me? That impossible!
What the hell is a "villian"?
Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #4353
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
80's Raph is best Raph. I will stand by this forever.
He's actually my least favorite Raphael lol
Old 06-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #4354
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
He's actually my least favorite Raphael lol
And that, my friend, was only your 1st mistake.

But anyway. Someone told me the episodes are only 15 minutes long. Is this confirmed?

One positive point to Rise. I'm oddly attracted to the Turtles' legs. So a point for sexy legs.

^^^^

Last edited by Dejablue; 06-25-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #4355
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I'm kind of envious!
I wish preferring New Line Raph to all other Raphs was my biggest mistake.

So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #4356
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
One positive point to Rise. I'm oddly attracted to the Turtles' legs. So a point for sexy legs.
What sexy legs?
Old 06-25-2018, 03:50 PM   #4357
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol Sexy Turtle legs. Eh, why not. 'Rise' is all yours though, I'd prob pic a diff version in that department.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #4358
MaximeLoonatic
Hench Mutant

I do find the costumes appealing, pretty fun and with energy. And, what did you guys expect? All the rage and ranting prolly overwhelmed Nickelodeon's CEO and wanted to get the costumes out sooner.
And the comic was a also a pretty good idea, we get the chance to hear the voices.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:20 PM   #4359
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
And that, my friend, was only your 1st mistake.

But anyway. Someone told me the episodes are only 15 minutes long. Is this confirmed?

They’re 11 minutes long. 2 episodes in a half hour block.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:30 PM   #4360
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I like Josh Brener's Donatello.

He makes him sound cute!
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters