The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-29-2018, 10:52 PM   #4041
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I found out the problem for the PRs All Star game is the android version and not the hardware, too bad since my phone can pre-register but I'm not really going to be playing it there since i don't keep games on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
There is a dub, Funimation is simuldubbing the series. I hear the dub of Alexis (the kilokhan version in this version) is doing a Tim Curry impression.

So far I'm really enjoying it. It's honestly shocking how entertaining it is to see the equilvilant of Takeshi/Malcom being so petty, but yet it works.

There is a theory that I have seen and that is the setting we see the characters in is actually in the cyberspace that Gridman/Servo would fight in. It would explain how easily the world is reset as well as how much is rewritten.

also it would be amazing if the final episode had the final fight end up breaking from the "cyberverse" that the characters are in and take place in our real world with the real world fight being live action. I mean Tsuburaya already has a SSSS.Gridman suit so all they would need is one for Alexis and I could see it work.
You sold me on the show, i'll still wait until the dub finishes airing and I can binge it. I saw that all of the original Gridman is now subbed on Amazon Toku, what's that? I have Amazon prime but that's like another thing right?
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:35 AM   #4042
Allio
Foot Elite

from what I have gathered there are certain programs that are it's own separate subscription that is only available to purchase from Prime members. I know Toku has a $4/month thing going on. Sadly I head that the Gridman episodes translations are pretty garbage.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:00 PM   #4043
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The latter two Super Ninja Steel episodes will premiere on November 3rd and the 10th. The Christmas special will premiere on December 1st.

#19: Doom Signal
#20: Reaching the Nexus
Christmas episode: The Poisy Show

The descriptions can be seen in this link. You'll just have to scroll further down until you see them.
http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2018/1...-premiere.html
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #4045
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://comicbook.com/powerrangers/a...lmets-auction/

Also has Boom! creative said if Beyond The Grid is an arc or an ongoing direction? I want me some original six without alternate evil Tommy angle!
Old 11-04-2018, 07:06 AM   #4046
ZariusTwo
Overlord

IKoda may be appearing in the Super Ninja Steel Christmas special

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/11/0...stmas-episode/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:14 PM   #4047
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Power Rangers All-Stars came out yesterday and even though my tablet wasn't compatible I still downloaded it on my phone to check it out and I hate having games on my phone.

It's your standard F2P game, an action RPG, graphics are more than decent, monsters look silly, controls are bad but the auto control and 2x speed makes up for it, story is a bit generic but cool. TOO many things to do, I was overwhelmed by all the currencies the game has, still not sure how fair/unfair the real currency is to get in the game, music is bad but best of all, you get to build your own Ranger Team with pieces. It isn't perfect but almost enough stuff to keep me interested.

I login for the second time today only to see my progress gone and starting from 0, I don't know what happened but this was the excuse I needed to delete another money whale grabbing F2P game from my life.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #4048
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Hasbro’s First Power Rangers Toys Revealed

Content from Power Rangers NOW: https://www.powerrangersnow.com/hasb...toys-revealed/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:40 PM   #4049
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I really do hope that the scripts and characters for Beast Morphers will be better written than Ninja Steel. Judd Lynn did lots of great things with Dino Charge, but Ninja Steel never kept that spark going.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:14 AM   #4050
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I don't think it's all Lynn's fault, he had executive meddling on Ninja Steel, and his co-writers are hacks.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #4051
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Entertainment Weekly had Austin St. John, Jason David Frank, Amy Jo Johnson, Walter Emanuel Jones and David Yost look back on Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 25 years later. They also speak about how the show has made an impact on fans.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/11/20/origina...5-years-later/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:58 PM   #4052
Allio
Foot Elite

So in Boom's year 2 collection there is a short story of the character "Psycho Green" from MMPR#20 issue. It's revealed he was the green ranger from Power Rangers Supersonic, aka the green Fiveman.

They are from the same planet as Trip's (from Time Force) home world.

we have images of Red and BLack

pink and Green

and as a comparison here is Fiveman's suits

the green ranger is original for Psycho green, but I don't think the helmet design appears...pulling a Gosei Green here I suppose.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #4053
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Finally the super sentai teams are canon as alien Power Rangers, I've been saying this since Gokaiger came out and the fandom was freaking out that the non-PR teams couldn't be in the show because they weren't show on screen when in the PRU it's already established there are reanger teams in space.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #4054
Allio
Foot Elite

them being in the franchise is no issue. Them being in Super MegaForce for no other reason as "it was in gokaiger" with haphazardly slapped on names that weren't even consistent was the real one.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:01 PM   #4056
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I found this article of the other five remembering Thuy Trang. One thing that stood out was she was randomly paired with Jason David Frank. Was the Green Ranger cast at the same she was?
https://ew.com/tv/2018/12/03/yellow-...ered-cast/amp/

Also, any word on if Beyond The Grid is the direction or an extensive arc interrupting the originial six focus?
Old 12-04-2018, 10:04 PM   #4057
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I found this article of the other five remembering Thuy Trang. One thing that stood out was she was randomly paired with Jason David Frank. Was the Green Ranger cast at the same she was?
I believe Jason David Frank read for a role for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers right at the beginning. I think he originally read for Zack and obviously didn't get that role at the time. But he was liked enough to get a call again when the Tommy story line came up soon after and he became Tommy Oliver the Green Ranger. So that's how he could have been paired with Thuy Trang I think.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #4058
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Knuckles View Post
I believe Jason David Frank read for a role for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers right at the beginning. I think he originally read for Zack and obviously didn't get that role at the time. But he was liked enough to get a call again when the Tommy story line came up soon after and he became Tommy Oliver the Green Ranger. So that's how he could have been paired with Thuy Trang I think.
That is interesting. I remember reading that David Yost was originally Jason/Red, Walter Emmanuel Jones was Billy/Blue and Austin St. John was originally Zack/Black,but they switched parts around before the pilot. I wish I could cite the source,but I cannot remember. One thing this proves is the accidental racism proving it just fell that way. It also was how the TMNT voices were choosen, the four VAs were chosen as Turtles,but not assigned to a particular one. It was the pilot first recording that Townsend ended up as Michelangelo and Cam as Leonardo on the first read through and they did not go back and read as the other character.

I did not know that JDF went to the first auditions. I guess Thuy did as well,but both were put on a list for future calls that did not back the original final cut?
Old 12-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #4059
Allio
Foot Elite

had some gift cards on me so I decided to pick up the legacy coins of Ninjetti and the first season of MMPR to go with my OOO medal set. Next year I can imagine something along the line of a master morpher or at least a legacy set of Tommy coins I can add.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:27 PM   #4060
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That is interesting. I remember reading that David Yost was originally Jason/Red, Walter Emmanuel Jones was Billy/Blue and Austin St. John was originally Zack/Black,but they switched parts around before the pilot. I wish I could cite the source,but I cannot remember. One thing this proves is the accidental racism proving it just fell that way. It also was how the TMNT voices were choosen, the four VAs were chosen as Turtles,but not assigned to a particular one. It was the pilot first recording that Townsend ended up as Michelangelo and Cam as Leonardo on the first read through and they did not go back and read as the other character.

I did not know that JDF went to the first auditions. I guess Thuy did as well,but both were put on a list for future calls that did not back the original final cut?
Yeah I do remember that about David Yost reading for Jason especially. And I remember that for the original pilot, someone else played the part of Trini. So Thuy got the call real quick because she became Trini for the beginning of the show that aired on t.v.

Tags
power rangers