The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #441
Leo656
The Franchise

GOT 'EM!!!

(Please excuse the crappy lighting)

I haven't opened them yet, but WOW! These things were less than $25 per figure, but with sculpting like this, they're a bargain at any price. I can't get over how perfect each of the likenesses are; from Leo's "intense" glare to Donnie's slight "overbite", Mikey's grin and Raph's scowl, these guys look exactly like the movie! It's uncanny! These are the most spot-on likenesses I've ever seen for any action figure line, period. Without opening the box, these are already some of the greatest action figures ever made. I hope they feel nice.

Leo's obviously my favorite, but they all look so damn good, it's amazing. They easily put every other movie-based TMNT line to shame. I'd love to see a second wave with Shredder, Splinter, Casey and April.

Just shy of 30 years wasn't TOO long to wait, I guess, for figures this awesome!

UPDATE:
So I opened Leo and Mikey so far. I haven't messed with the swappable hands or bandanna parts, just posed them a little bit with their weapons. They feel a bit stiff out of the box, but they loosen up alright with some gentle movement. I'd definitely handle them with care, though. Mikey's legs feel a bit loose, and he doesn't stand as easily as Leo does, but it's manageable. Leo, on the whole, feels very stable. The weapons fit very snugly into their hands; Leo's swords slide securely into their sheaths, and Mikey's nunchucks tuck neatly into his belt. They're not the most poseable figures, but they do have decent articulation. The elbow and knee joints don't seem to bend as far as they might, and the hips feel like they could have been done differently in general, but altogether, they move pretty good. More than reasonable with these detailed sculpts, at this price point.

So far, I'm extremely pleased. I'll check out the other two later, after I get home from work most likely. In or out of the box, these things look great on display anywhere.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 02-14-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:46 AM   #442
AquaParade
Banned

Glad you're happy with them.

I have to agree. These are probably my favorite figures ever. I don't buy many these days, and I'm obviously biased, due to my love of TMNT, but these are just fantastic for me.

One small critique, would be the lack of accessories. For the price point, I'm not upset at all, but I would have gladly paid an extra $5-7 for each of them to have one more accessory.

The ooze canister that was exclusive to SDCC was pretty cool. What else could they have packaged in? Maybe the trench coat and hat for Raph, if they wanted to go all out. Farm hat for Donatello would be cool. Skateboard for Mikey. Hell I'd even take an early 90's style boombox, because it'd fit with the aesthetic of the film.

There's a lot of room to be creative with accessories. Anything would have been better than pizza slices. Really weak accessory, in my mind.

But to circle back around, I would have paid $5 more for these figures, even if they had nothing but the weapons on their backs. Sometimes plastic can make you happy.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:20 PM   #443
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

4-Pack is back up!!

GO GO GO!!!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #444
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Lol, I ordered 2 sets earlier today and got the ship notification tonight. Yessss
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:48 PM   #445
Leo656
The Franchise

Awesome, glad you lucked out.

Old 02-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #446
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Awesome, glad you lucked out.
Thanks, me too!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #447
statik
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Glad you're happy with them.

I have to agree. These are probably my favorite figures ever. I don't buy many these days, and I'm obviously biased, due to my love of TMNT, but these are just fantastic for me.

One small critique, would be the lack of accessories. For the price point, I'm not upset at all, but I would have gladly paid an extra $5-7 for each of them to have one more accessory.

The ooze canister that was exclusive to SDCC was pretty cool. What else could they have packaged in? Maybe the trench coat and hat for Raph, if they wanted to go all out. Farm hat for Donatello would be cool. Skateboard for Mikey. Hell I'd even take an early 90's style boombox, because it'd fit with the aesthetic of the film.

There's a lot of room to be creative with accessories. Anything would have been better than pizza slices. Really weak accessory, in my mind.

But to circle back around, I would have paid $5 more for these figures, even if they had nothing but the weapons on their backs. Sometimes plastic can make you happy.
They didn't want to include anything extra that wasn't already a part of the sdcc set so those buyers don't feel misled.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #448
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

Says free edge shipping on the page, but I can't get any form of free shipping to show up! This happened with the SNES Classic as well.

I really hope GS goes under........after they release a Casey that is
Old 02-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #449
Leo656
The Franchise

The shipping options available are based on what's at the warehouse, apparently, not anything specifically to do with GameStop.

As was explained to me, there are a number of items reserved specifically for each of the various shipping options - X amount for Free Shipping, Y amount for Express Shipping, etc. - and they disappear as the orders come in. I personally tried to do Express shipping, but all the stock set aside for that had already been sold, so I had to go with free "regular" shipping. Which worked out well because it came in 6 days, same as it would have had I paid extra.

Unfortunately, it sounds like the stock set aside for Free Shipping has all gone already, so you may be stuck paying for Express. But GameStop specifically has limited control over that kind of thing.

Just FYI.

Old 02-14-2019, 06:02 PM   #450
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

That just sounds like a ridiculous business practice.......hate you GS!!
Old 02-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #451
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

I had to pay for shipping too, it was stupid, but I want the figures and it says estimated delivery on monday...
Old 02-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #452
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Yeah, I saw the free shipping thing as well but didn't get it. I went with Express shipping since a extra 2 dollars is something I really don't mind for these figures.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #453
Leo656
The Franchise

I was refreshing my Tracking history all morning like a lunatic. "It's on the truck! Edison? That's like 20 minutes from here! They're on the road? Excellent! Let's see... they left 45 minutes ago... 57 minutes ago... wait... Delivered? DELIVERED?!?"

I don't get fall-down excited for very much, but I'm a huge mark for toys.

I'm fine with the accessories, since I don't think they'll come out of the plastic too often. But I'd gladly pay $5-10 more per figure, though, for some more articulation, especially in the legs. But this is about as good as you can do and still keep the whole set under $100, which I'm sure is a major goal. And the sculpting is absolutely perfect, down to the last detail, to the point where it makes up for anything they're lacking.

They're an easy A. I'd go A+ with some more mobility, but you can't beat these for the price.

Old 02-15-2019, 02:44 AM   #454
Otter
Stone Warrior

As an international it's hard to watch you guys get disappointed about missing out on free shipping.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #455
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
as an international it's hard to watch you guys get disappointed about missing out on free shipping. :d
Old 02-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #456
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

My local gs just called to tell me they just got in a set today and they'd hold them for me. Does anyone internationally want me to ship them? If so please feel free to message me. I don't need a 3rd set.

Last edited by Shogun26; 02-15-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #457
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
U local gs just called to tell me they just got in a set today and they'd hold them for me. Does anyone internationally want me to ship them? If so please feel free to message me. I don't need a 3rd set.
I'm sorted, but I'm sure someone will appreciate the help.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:02 PM   #458
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F132954496824

There’s a Leo here who’s current bid+shipping is about the same as the sale price.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:27 PM   #459
DVD
Mad Scientist

Yay!!! Finally got around to ordering these.
Emailed that they will arrive in 2-3 weeks.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:52 AM   #460
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I got mine in-store! There was ONE set over the weekend when a friend told me they had them in, so I rushed over to get them. Unfortunately by the time I got there, one (Donnie) had already been sold, but I got the other three, and the guy who checked me out was nice enough to order one from another store for me.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote