The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: NECA or Super7?
NECA 27 48.21%
Super7 7 12.50%
All NECA, fill holes with Super7 2 3.57%
Mix of both 9 16.07%
All of both 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2019, 09:59 PM   #41
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Now that NECA has announced their SDCC Turtles exclusive I wonder if we'll see something from Super7 about their plans for their Turtles at or around Comic Con. I'm hoping the line is cool and I'm hoping they plan some store events around their Turtles stuff. Their MOTU events always did well at their San Diego store, so hopefully that same excitement can happen for Turtles.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:01 AM   #42
RicksNerdLife
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post
Now that NECA has announced their SDCC Turtles exclusive I wonder if we'll see something from Super7 about their plans for their Turtles at or around Comic Con. I'm hoping the line is cool and I'm hoping they plan some store events around their Turtles stuff. Their MOTU events always did well at their San Diego store, so hopefully that same excitement can happen for Turtles.
That was their plan! SDCC for S7 reveals!

And for me, it is definitely BOTH.

Look, we've waited SO long for good Turtles toys. And the original line was good for what it was and for the time. But back then, "good enough for what it was" was all we knew. We didn't know that toys could be better than what they were at that moment.

To give example, and I'm dating myself here, but the first Playstation? PS1? Yeah, at one point, the Playstation 1, with all their giant pixels and polygons, was the pinnacle of technological achievements in video games, and NOTHING could ever top these state of the art graphics! This was IT!

Then PS2, then PS3, now PS4...you get the idea.

Being alive for the advancement of items is insane. Cell phones?? When I was a kid, I wanted nothing more than a TV that I could watch in the bathroom while I poop and take a bath. Not doing these thigns at the same time, by the way...

NOW? We have a computer/TV/phone THAT FITS IN OUR POCKET, that we can do such a thing with. I would have KILLED for that at age 10! Only RICH people could afford a cordless phone that you could carry around town. Now? CHILDREN carry cell phones.

I digress.

The point is, NECA and Super 7 are in the age of such technological achievements, and skills. And they are finally giving us the figures we never even knew back then that we deserved! Once companies like McFarlane and Toy Biz came around, we had an idea of "Heyyyyyyy...wait a second! You've been cheaping out on us, Playmates!"...and they continued to do it for another 20 years.

So, this is a GODSEND for us old timers. And I will take advantage of any and all AMAZING TMNT figures that are not Playmates.
RicksNerdLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #43
sdp
-

Even though it was PixelDan who on an interview found out it'd be based on the OT, he's speculating it might be based off the original toyline.

This is my dream toyline, the original figures but with modern sculpts. When Masters of the Universe Classics were doing that I wanted the same for TMNT, and now the same team has the TMNT license. Will my dream come true?

Sadly they appear to be subscription based only and he speculates they'll be around $35 like MOTUC
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #44
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah, a sub have its pros and cons but at least Matty had individual sales as well. For the Club Grayskull wave 4, I only cared for Shadow Weaver, so getting her alone on BBTS is $50... shame S7 don't have that, but it's understandable when they are doing a made-to-order kind of deal.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #45
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Even though it was PixelDan who on an interview found out it'd be based on the OT, he's speculating it might be based off the original toyline.

This is my dream toyline, the original figures but with modern sculpts. When Masters of the Universe Classics were doing that I wanted the same for TMNT, and now the same team has the TMNT license. Will my dream come true?

Sadly they appear to be subscription based only and he speculates they'll be around $35 like MOTUC
That’s what I thought it was going to be from the beginning.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #46
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

I'm not familiar with S7's subscription plan for the MOTU line. Anyone care to inform the uninformed? Thanks!
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:41 PM   #47
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacksSoUgly View Post
I'm not familiar with S7's subscription plan for the MOTU line. Anyone care to inform the uninformed? Thanks!
You'll have to commit to the full wave to buy them from S7
Old 05-27-2019, 06:42 PM   #48
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
You'll have to commit to the full wave to buy them from S7
Screw that. I hate the whole subscription thing. If they do go the route of the He-man stuff, by which I mean essentially updating the classic Playmates figures/cast, I'd love to snatch a few, but otherwise that's too much of a financial commitment. Eager to see what they're doing regardless. Would love a modern Muckman, Scumbug, etc.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:06 PM   #49
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Am I crazy for thinking a updated vintage Mondo Gecko would be cool?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:33 AM   #50
Otter
Stone Warrior

Watched Pixel Dan's speculation video last night. Then sat on the net for a little while and figured out if Super7 did a 4H sculpted version of the original line, I could imagine myself being up for 27 or so figures. If the line is inspired by the cartoon, I'm in for zero (... unless they do Usagi, I'm always up for Usagi figures).

Fingers crossed.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #51
cloud
Stone Warrior

From experience. There usually a subscription plan for Super7. But also individual figures are available for pre-order.
That being said, there is usually a special figure that is only available if you order through the subscription.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #52
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Can you sign up to be automatically billed/order when a set from a particular line comes out? Or do you have to order each time?

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #53
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Anybody picking up Toxie? Up for preorder with Ren and Stimpy and Voltron.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:12 PM   #54
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Can you sign up to be automatically billed/order when a set from a particular line comes out? Or do you have to order each time?
Currently at least, you have to order each time. I've signed up for their newsletter, and I still don't get email notifications for when preorder windows for things open up (and no, it's not in my spam folder). I'm dialed in enough to nerd culture that I still find out in time, but they must have a glitch in the system some how.

They also put out notifications on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube (and I'm sure others), so you can find one of those you like and follow them there or whatever.

Quote:
Ya! I'm picking up the Toxie. Ren and Stimpy look awesome, but I can't really justify the shelf space these days.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:24 AM   #55
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Now that Toxie is $35 on BBTS, I PO him.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #56
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Now that Toxie is $35 on BBTS, I PO him.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Ditto.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #57
mikey0
Foot Elite

I voted for Super 7.

I like their Toxic Crusaders Deluxe Toxie much better than the 1991 Playmates Toys Toxie.

The NECA Fred Wolf turtles are in Target stores now and I was disappointed with the head sculpts for the turtles. The NECA Fred Wolf turtles do not resemble the turtles from the syndicated Fred Cartoon. The only time I’ve seen the Fred Wolf turtles clench their teeth was when the turtles were in the shadows in the 1987 opening and even then, Donatello’s bottom teeth were not shown.

I prefer Super 7 to NECA.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #58
Chris
Mad Scientist

Not voting until I see the Super 7 stuff. Curious to see the direction they go.

The NECA movie stuff is amazing, but if Super 7 do the all eras, all characters in one style thing that MOTUC did then I'll be VERY interested!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #59
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

When will We get a look at these designs ?
Old 07-06-2019, 06:19 PM   #60
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
When will We get a look at these designs ?
SDCC, July 18th-21, so less than 2 weeks now!