The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2019, 06:06 PM   #241
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Chief Stern and Charles Pennington 2 pack coming SDCC 2019 - complete with working answering machine accessory.

Seriously though, I NEED a Tatsu figure.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #242
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Might pony up for that, honestly. The briefly seen yet memorable AF extras add so much character to that film.

You know who I'd absolutely pre-order day one?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2hclv1y.png

So, I'm not the only one ! I thought I was the only fan of her in the whole forum. It was the first screencap I ever requested here on the drome and also put out my crazy theory that this was Karai from the 1990 universe, no dromer liked my headcanon.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:37 PM   #243
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Whew, got my one set but damn, first 2 days the cart button froze for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Likeness rights really are a bitch. For some reason NECA seems to have the most issues with this.
I don't think it happens to NECA more than any other company, they are just more open about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
lasted less then 2 minutes
that's what she said.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:10 AM   #244
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

By far the hardest to get compared to other years. struck out all 3 days. I wished I went on here to look up the tip people giving out but I was on vaca during this drop. Oh well hope resell isnt too bad or they do individual release like the GS turtles.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #245
rh608
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Chief Stern and Charles Pennington 2 pack coming SDCC 2019 - complete with working answering machine accessory.

Seriously though, I NEED a Tatsu figure.

I'm with you, I need Tatsu! I wonder if the actor's contract back then included the use of his likeness. If so, NECA doesn't need to get his permission now to do a figure of him. Hmmm. I definitely feel he should be in a 1/12 scale figure pack exclusive at some point as I know there is no real demand for him at 1/4.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #246
rh608
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I can't wait to do this next year for the Casey,April, Raph trenchcoat, Tatsu set
Exactly! I've been saying that should be the very exclusive they release next.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:46 AM   #247
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
I'm with you, I need Tatsu! I wonder if the actor's contract back then included the use of his likeness. If so, NECA doesn't need to get his permission now to do a figure of him. Hmmm. I definitely feel he should be in a 1/12 scale figure pack exclusive at some point as I know there is no real demand for him at 1/4.
Yeah, I don’t think that the demand would be really high at quarter scale but maybe they could release it as an exclusive for those of us that need him in that scale for their collection and for those of us that collect both scales.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:40 AM   #248
sleeplessknight
Thug

D'oh! It got busy at work and I totally forgot this was happening. Oh well. Looks like it's the secondary market for me this year.
sleeplessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #249
CrookedNinjaTurtleGang
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessknight View Post
D'oh! It got busy at work and I totally forgot this was happening. Oh well. Looks like it's the secondary market for me this year.
Don't feel too bad (if this helps). I became aware of the pre-sales in 2017 yet hadn't thought to check each year until it was a month late (in '17 and '18 ), so this is the first year I tried, suffered and, in the end, actually got a set at "list" price. The 2018 set saw the most mark-ups on the secondary market. In 2016, one of my three different multipacks I'd won from among Neca's ebay offerings, interestingly.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:08 PM   #250
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Really wish they would have at least included a piece of the fencing to go behind Splinter. Anyone think they know of a good scale chain-link fence that would work? Trying to plan ahead.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #251
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
Really wish they would have at least included a piece of the fencing to go behind Splinter. Anyone think they know of a good scale chain-link fence that would work? Trying to plan ahead.
i thought there was a background image in the package
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #252
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I didn’t take a close look to be honest. I still would rather have something three-dimensional instead of just an image.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:29 AM   #253
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessknight View Post
I could have helped you but I just sold my first bare Foot Soldier for a whopping $65 shipped...
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 AM   #254
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I could have helped you but I just sold my first bare Foot Soldier for a whopping $65 shipped...
(facepalm) here he goes again
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:51 AM   #255
AquaParade
Banned

Any reason to believe these won't be sold at GS within a year? If not, bootleggers will probably get to them. I'm just going to wait it out. The turtles themselves placated me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:33 AM   #256
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Any reason to believe these won't be sold at GS within a year? If not, bootleggers will probably get to them. I'm just going to wait it out. The turtles themselves placated me.
All we can do is look to history and thankfully it tells us they should get a general release. Hopefully they release these along another run of the turtles themselves, since they are still in demand.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #257
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
All we can do is look to history and thankfully it tells us they should get a general release. Hopefully they release these along another run of the turtles themselves, since they are still in demand.

Wouldnt that be nice! The turtles are still high on the aftermarket, and I am super tempted to let go of my second set due to prices. The problem is that if you look at Gamestop's financial situation, they are in a rough spot. They are stuck with mounting losses and a dying market and are having to close stores to maintain.

For the TMNT toys though, think about the money. If they retail at 22 then that means wholesale is prob about 15, and you will prob have to buy 1M units per turtle for national sales....all for 1 line item at $60M. While we the collector market knows that they will sell, its hard to sink 60M on an item that isnt of your normal product lines all while struggling financially.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:50 PM   #258
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
(facepalm) here he goes again
On his own, going down the only road he’s ever known
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 11:43 AM   #259
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I skipped exclusive because these will be available later, i know they sell movie turtles as one boxed figure unlike cartoon 2 figs in box , just hope they create casey , IMO he should be in this exclusive instead of second foot soldier.
We would be able to swap casey head with foot soldier...
Old 06-16-2019, 08:42 AM   #260
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Wouldnt that be nice! The turtles are still high on the aftermarket, and I am super tempted to let go of my second set due to prices. The problem is that if you look at Gamestop's financial situation, they are in a rough spot. They are stuck with mounting losses and a dying market and are having to close stores to maintain.

For the TMNT toys though, think about the money. If they retail at 22 then that means wholesale is prob about 15, and you will prob have to buy 1M units per turtle for national sales....all for 1 line item at $60M. While we the collector market knows that they will sell, its hard to sink 60M on an item that isnt of your normal product lines all while struggling financially.

You're assuming that they'd have to go to GameStop again. The GameStop logo on the turtles' packaging is just a sticker. More likely than not these will go in Target in another 9 to 12 months.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote