The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 11:20 AM   #3021
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are both issue 99 and 100 double length at 44 pages, or just issue 100? I forgot if it was both or not.
Both #99 and #100 will be 40 story pages.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:32 PM   #3022
hypered1
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Both #99 and #100 will be 40 story pages.
Just to expand on Bobby's answer, I believe it's also been confirmed that #97 and #98 will also have 24 story pages as apposed to the usual 20 - having read #97, I know at least that issue definitely has extra pages.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:20 PM   #3023
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Just to expand on Bobby's answer, I believe it's also been confirmed that #97 and #98 will also have 24 story pages as apposed to the usual 20 - having read #97, I know at least that issue definitely has extra pages.
Yes, that's accurate!
Old 08-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #3024
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is the increase in page count going to be a higher price? I can't remember if issue 50 and 75 cost more than a regular issue, it's been too long.

Also was the budget and crunch time higher to essentially get 4 issues of content (40 pages each for two issues) out in only two months? I can see why Tom Waltz wants to take a break from the series for a little bit after this.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:00 PM   #3025
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

#50 and #75 were both $7.99. That will be the case for #99 and #100 too. (#97 and #98 are $3.99, so getting 8 extra pages there between the two of them)

We just needed the extra page space to tell the story by issue #100.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:16 PM   #3026
AquaParade
Big Boss

Any general feelings on moving forward past issue #101?
Does it feel like you're entering a new phase for the book or is it sort of just business as usual?
Sorry if that's too general, but it's funny to think we readers are all building up to #100, but your mind must be way ahead of us. How's the weather over there? Uh, figuratively speaking.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:14 AM   #3027
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Ha, no-- still very much in #100 land as Tom is working on it currently and there's still much to be done. But yeah, also very much into post #100 territory with Sophie as well.

It's weird and surreal. For a couple years now most of my major professional plans have involved factoring in #100 in some respect so it's odd to finally be at this point. I haven't had any real time to be reflective about it, it's still just 'go go go'. But we are going to have a little party here at IDW on release day so that will be a nice moment to celebrate.

The book is going to be a new phase post #100, more so than after #50, and i'm excited about everything that entails. At the same time, it's not going to be THAT different, still mostly going to be working with folks I trust and have worked with for years, so it's a nice mix: both different and familiar.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:55 PM   #3028
AquaParade
Big Boss

Appreciate the reply! Looking forward to #100 and beyond.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 02:25 PM   #3029
Maelxich
Random Punk

So I am reading through the series again in order to get ready for issue 100, and I just got to the trial of Kraang and ghostbusters/tmnt 2 and I have a question in the end of issue 75 it shows them leaving dimension x happy, but in the ghostbusters cross over it shows them getting attacked. Its super minor and really amounts to nothing. I was just wondering if that was the same instance or not and the difference was made just so people not into the crossover can just pretend it did not happen.
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #3030
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelxich View Post
So I am reading through the series again in order to get ready for issue 100, and I just got to the trial of Kraang and ghostbusters/tmnt 2 and I have a question in the end of issue 75 it shows them leaving dimension x happy, but in the ghostbusters cross over it shows them getting attacked. Its super minor and really amounts to nothing. I was just wondering if that was the same instance or not and the difference was made just so people not into the crossover can just pretend it did not happen.
If I recall correctly, the truthful answer is that those were being drawn at or near the same time, so it doesn't perfectly match up. If you'd like to head canon it, in #75 perhaps they are just being teleported to a different area of Dimension X to go to... like... a long distance teleporter? And that's where the Collectors attack them. Dunno, Dimension X is weird!

But yeah, it's a continuity flub!
Old 09-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #3031
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Ha, no-- still very much in #100 land as Tom is working on it currently and there's still much to be done. But yeah, also very much into post #100 territory with Sophie as well.

It's weird and surreal. For a couple years now most of my major professional plans have involved factoring in #100 in some respect so it's odd to finally be at this point. I haven't had any real time to be reflective about it, it's still just 'go go go'. But we are going to have a little party here at IDW on release day so that will be a nice moment to celebrate.

The book is going to be a new phase post #100, more so than after #50, and i'm excited about everything that entails. At the same time, it's not going to be THAT different, still mostly going to be working with folks I trust and have worked with for years, so it's a nice mix: both different and familiar.
You could almost say... change is constant

ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #3032
Shinigami
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
You could almost say... change is constant

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d9982bd2...yfuro1_500.gif
Just wanna make sure you got some props for this.
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:01 PM   #3033
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Bobby just want to thank you for having so much involvement with the community. It is truly a blessing for us all.

I just read issue 96 and 97 and really like where things are going with this storyline
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:12 PM   #3034
Maelxich
Random Punk

Quote:
If I recall correctly, the truthful answer is that those were being drawn at or near the same time, so it doesn't perfectly match up. If you'd like to head canon it, in #75 perhaps they are just being teleported to a different area of Dimension X to go to... like... a long distance teleporter? And that's where the Collectors attack them. Dunno, Dimension X is weird!

But yeah, it's a continuity flub!
Thanks for trying to have it make sense! I thought them being drawn at the same time being the issue.
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:59 AM   #3035
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Bobby just want to thank you for having so much involvement with the community. It is truly a blessing for us all.

I just read issue 96 and 97 and really like where things are going with this storyline
Thanks to you all for being great! Always a pleasure.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:09 AM   #3036
neatoman
Emperor

The mutagen bomb has me a little puzzled. We see people turn into all sorts of things due to the same device. Up until now it was made clear that some characters like Bebop and Rocksteady had such specific mutations because it was carefully controlled in a lab, they didn't just randomly turn into a pig and rhino just because. Here we such varied forms as an ape, a lizard and a grey whatever.

My best guess is that it contained multiple different mutagen variants to accomplish this diversity. I actually hate the "most recent contact" explaination from the cartoons and I really hate the Platinum Dunes "animal ancestor" explaination, so I don't want to entertain those possibilities unless I get confirmation.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #3037
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The mutagen bomb has me a little puzzled. We see people turn into all sorts of things due to the same device. Up until now it was made clear that some characters like Bebop and Rocksteady had such specific mutations because it was carefully controlled in a lab, they didn't just randomly turn into a pig and rhino just because. Here we such varied forms as an ape, a lizard and a grey whatever.

My best guess is that it contained multiple different mutagen variants to accomplish this diversity. I actually hate the "most recent contact" explaination from the cartoons and I really hate the Platinum Dunes "animal ancestor" explaination, so I don't want to entertain those possibilities unless I get confirmation.
Yeah, you've got that exactly right. Mondo stole mutation tech data from Null in issue #94 (I think I have that numbering right). That combined with the mutagen Hob stole way back in the #40's essentially made a whole bunch of different mutants possible.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #3038
neatoman
Emperor

Guess that also explains the deformities and tumor like bulbs on their skin...

... They didn't actually get cancer in the process, did they? That would really compound the nightmare scenario.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #3039
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

No, everyone looks a little funky while in the midst of mutating.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:25 PM   #3040
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

In Mona Lisa's image for the upcoming issue 101. She is wearing casual clothing and some rings around her arm . She's giving me the impression of someone who isn't bother that she's a mutant lizard.

Perhaps she sees her mutation as looking cool.

Kind of in the same way Bebop and Rocksteady look at themselves. Looking cool and bad ass. and being a lot bigger and stronger.

I know you can't say much about her. But what can you tell us about this version of Mona Lisa. About her personality?

Last edited by TigerClaw; 09-26-2019 at 05:30 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz