The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-29-2019, 04:24 PM   #8581
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Thanksgiving sucks. I'm pretty sure it's my all-time least favorite holiday. As a kid it always ended with someone drunkenly fist-fighting and usually the cops being called. As an adult, at best it's forced conversation with people I don't like and have nothing in common with. At worst it's flashbacks to everything that made me hate it in the first place.

Wife's fighting with her family, so we stayed home. Her dad was going to make food just for the four of us, but instead he got drunk. He's on a rampage again, so I can't even cook. Car's busted, so we can't leave. Not a bar or a Denny's around for miles and everything within walking distance is closed. I have a 10-hour shift tomorrow, and apparently all I can subsist on until then is coffee and beer. Fun.

Every year it's something. I f*cking hate Thanksgiving. Not that this year gave me anything to be thankful about, anyway. By far, worst year of my life. I'll be "thankful" when it's over.

I
got to eat last night, but I got food poisoning and spent the rest of the night puking. Fun times!
Old 11-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #8582
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, lord, that's awful. Sorry bruh.

I was eventually able to sneak some macaroni and cheese once he passed out. Fun.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 05:21 PM   #8583
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sorry to hear it sucked for you guys.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:08 PM   #8584
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

At midnight yesterday, one of my cats bit my right index finger real bad.

He was trying to fight the adult foster that lives in my room because she doesn't like other cats.

So I'm on antibiotics for ten days. And amoxicillin tablets are big f*ckers
Old 12-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #8585
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, that sucks! Hope it's starting to feel a tiny bit better.

Grind... shoplifters selling on eBay.

Saw a seller that is selling quite a few Hallmark ornaments (and nothing else), all brand new 2019 stock (and multiple listings of certain ornaments), that would have cost a lot of money all together, and yet have them all listed for low starting bids that aren't exactly racking up sums anywhere near meeting or exciting the retail cost. Really suspect this person could be someone's store employee who is stealing and selling them...
Old 12-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #8586
Leo656
The Franchise

SO, my wife and her mom were out in the woods looking for the dog today... and they found him... BUT they couldn't catch him.

He was apparently like 50 feet away from them but completely ignored them calling out or offering his favorite treats, then took off into the woods and they couldn't catch him.

The first few weeks he was getting further away from home BUT now he's like halfway back and actually pretty close to home... he just won't f*cking sit still or come to anyone.

It's good to know he's alive but this is really pissing me off now.

Aaaaaand some of the "helpful" people on one of the Lost Pets FB pages started telling my wife "He probably ran away because he hates you." Like okay, legit, my wife is honestly a pretty big asshole, but that's some f*cked up sh*t to say to someone, Especially since I'd assume most of those people on those pages must have dealt with this before. Between that and the "I have your dog, bring $___ or I'll kill him" people, this experience has done a whole lot to reinforce my firm belief that people, in fact, ain't sh*t.

My day absolutely sucked for a million other reasons but that was some bullsh*t.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:34 PM   #8587
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Glad it sounds like he's still thriving, if a little surprising given that it's December, but sorry to hear they came so close but couldn't get hold of him.

That just seems so odd for a dog to totally ignore a familiar voice like that. Any reaction to sound at all? Hope something hasn't happened that affected his hearing or made him distorted or anything like that...

If not treats, is there a favorite noise making toy he might react to? Or, if they find him again, maybe try sitting down, if still within view of him, so its less intimating and see if he'll come over? I know sitting (or laying) down in the yard was one of the only tricks of getting hold of the dog we had years ago on the occasion he slipped out of the house and thought it was great fun to avoid capture.

Hope you guys get hold of him soon. Fingers crossed that he's home for Christmas!
Old 12-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #8588
Leo656
The Franchise

Eh, I'll be dead by then, probably. Doesn't matter.

Old 12-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #8589
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Noo... Hope you feel better and differently by then.

Grind... Jeep back in the shop Friday. To re-fix a seal or whatever. Not good timing with work, but at least they're a decent place that will give me a loaner and the redo won't cost me anything.

As much as I wasn't thrilled about the cold rainy weather yesterday, at the very least its what alerted me to a leak. ...after seeing a rainbow trail like a string of beads left by my vehicle through a parking lot.

edit: Oh.. and I really kind of despise that demeaning Bath Fitter ad.

"Housekeeping!"
"Yes, Mother?"

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-18-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #8590
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, been taking antibiotics because one of my cats bit my finger a couple days ago.

And I made the mistake of not eating (or taking probiotics) with them. So now my gut's a mess and I feel terrible.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #8591
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Noo... Hope you feel better and differently by then.
Eh. No promises but thanks for your support.

Old 12-18-2019, 06:34 PM   #8592
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
And I made the mistake of not eating (or taking probiotics) with them. So now my gut's a mess and I feel terrible.
Wouldn't the antibiotic also just kill off the probiotic microbes if taken at the same time?

Personally, Activia yogurt has my vote. Never been much of a yogurt person, but it recently helped last month after having a somewhat unsettled gut for a couple of weeks.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:46 PM   #8593
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Speaking of unsettled guts.... Mine has been giving me some issues lately. Mostly in the sense of- um, lots of "odoriferous emanations", pretty much every day, and mild nausea early in the day if my stomach goes empty too long. I'm starting to suspect acid reflux and/or IBS. Probably both. This was never an issue until recently, and as far as I can tell, the only thing that has changed is that the sharks have become less predictable, and my lubido has taken a nosedive to the basement in recent months. The two problems- tummy and "shark week" might be related, but I have no idea what to do about either.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:01 PM   #8594
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Mostly in the sense of- um, lots of "odoriferous emanations", pretty much every day
Er, yeah, that was a big a reason why I thought to try the yogurt, theorizing that since bacteria in the gut are largely responsible for that and if something had changed but my diet hadn't, then maybe something had gone a bit off with the good bacteria? (Within a day it, along with a gummy probiotic -- with bacillus coagulans that supposedly can survive the stomach better than many other good bacteria -- did help. I never really bought into the probiotic stuff, but it may have convinced me a little bit.)

I've had many times in the past where "shark week" had made the gut kind of off, sometimes a Pepto Bismol-level of off, and I guess that's probably pretty common that the associated hormones can throw it for a loop.

May just be a coincidence, but for me this unsettled gut issue did show up right around/after "shark week" had finally returned after a bit of a (I think stress related) hiatus, and had a rough restart. So maybe wonky hormone pattern = wonky body chemistry that can throw things off? Including the helpful bacteria?

No nausea in my case, but an uncomfortable bloating feeling for weeks and feeling full rather quickly, esp after drinking water, and I've pretty much never gotten bloating (maybe once or twice in my whole life) with "shark week," so to be honest I was kind of freaking out (and probably not helping it if it was stress related) reading about symptoms of cancer that sounded like this, unsure if that bloated sensation was a slow gut or related to the monthly friend who'd bailed out on me for a bit, or something worse... It did seem to go away after it returned, thank goodness, but it was weird!

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-18-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:09 PM   #8595
Leo656
The Franchise

Man, the above posts remind me that as sh*tty as I have it sometimes, sh*t's a lot worse for people who don't/can't smoke pot. I'unno how y'all function, sincerely.

It's like Hulk Hogan always said: "A day without smoking pot is like a day without sunshine."

Actually, having met the man, it's probably more like, "Brother, a day without smoking pot, brother, is like a day without sunshine, brother."

But yeah, tough break, hepcats. Some people I know swear by CBD for that kinda thing.

Old 12-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #8596
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I function juuust fine, thank you, lol. I mean, my coping strategy has always been along the lines of "find nice violent game, kill things for a couple of hours, or plow my car into everything on the road, and have a nice hot bath and a cocktail." Not neccessarily in that order. Alcohol does WONDERS for me when I'm not feeling good.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #8597
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah... no thanks. I don't like my head feeling anything but normal.

Haha so we ran out of heating oil a couple days ago, amid the coldest week and in time for a couple of the coldest days so far, and can't immediately get more. Fun times.

Tried to wall off a staircase here in the computer room (leads to the attic level) with sheets in hopes that any heat from a radiator-style space heater I have will stop just escaping up the steps to die and maybe try to take the chill off of this room. Really wasn't doing any good yesterday...

12/23 -- Ahhaha, now my car battery died. Such great timing.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-23-2019 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:04 PM   #8598
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The people at one of my stores I do for work irritate me. I'm supposed to have a dedicated spot on a bottom shelf in their stockroom for the shipments from my company, but sometimes stuff gets tossed in where ever in that general area. Occasionally they go and bury my stuff amid their own crap. (And right now they've largely stolen MY spot with some big boxes. Grr.)

A Christmas box turned up the day after Christmas (ugh!) and now just yesterday I see that they cleared a bunch of their own stuff off an eye level shelf, a lot of heavy boxes...and oh look, a big box of my holiday plush was sitting there, having apparently gotten shoved to the back and lost behind their junk. Annoyed and sad that they never got the chance to get out. I doubt anywhere near that many would have even managed to sell, esp as I just don't even have room to put out more than a few at a time -- and this stores is done only one day a week, two at most right before Christmas, so when even? -- but they'd been selling okay and more-so than the abundant amount of plush karaoke microphones. And can this stuff be sent back... nope, it just gets thrown out. Wish I could at least spare one and keep it.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #8599
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Have you ever gone to a scammer to get your money back , some guy in CA ripped me off thousands

Yes , notified cops but little interest from them
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:35 PM   #8600
Vegita-San
Emperor

got ripped off $1200 for Knight Rider electronics never delivered.

It happens now and then.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote