The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2020, 07:08 AM   #701
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Damn you Neca:
https://mobile.twitter.com/neca_toys...00177657925633

1/4 Splinter was all I wanted. Even more than Shredder.
Shared this in the other thread but bears repeating ....

Here’s the thing ... Randy has also said that 7” TMNT from the 1990 line wasn’t possible, or a 1/4th scale Shredder and even that he had no interest in Tokka and Rahzar ... those all seem to be changing.

I’m curious if they’re putting all their eggs in one basket though now with the 7” line, but I have a feeling much like Michael Meyers ( 2018 ) and Pennywise ( 2017 ), we’ll see more figures scaling back up in a 1/4th line. Splinter and Casey for sure.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #702
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Shared this in the other thread but bears repeating ....

Here’s the thing ... Randy has also said that 7” TMNT from the 1990 line wasn’t possible, or a 1/4th scale Shredder and even that he had no interest in Tokka and Rahzar ... those all seem to be changing.

I’m curious if they’re putting all their eggs in one basket though now with the 7” line, but I have a feeling much like Michael Meyers ( 2018 ) and Pennywise ( 2017 ), we’ll see more figures scaling back up in a 1/4th line. Splinter and Casey for sure.
It's really a pity. Because almost everyone seems to like those stupid small versions over the 1/4 versions (not myself) the 1/4 is dead and Neca only makes 7"
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #703
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
It's really a pity. Because almost everyone seems to like those stupid small versions over the 1/4 versions (not myself) the 1/4 is dead and Neca only makes 7"
Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from. You know, I think most of us probably wouldn't have invested so much into the 1/4th line if they were able to secure the 7" scale line of figures so early on ... but it seems that based on how well the 1/4th scale line sold alongside the Arcade and '87 figures that they were able to open the floodgates into what we see now.

You never know though, it seems they always decide to throw in another 1/4th scale out of the blue and I can see them announcing at LEAST Splinter and Casey by SDCC ... but like you mentioned, there's been no action. I know Pixel Dan tends to bring up particular fan questions to Randy during his Toy Fair / SDCC interviews and I reached out to him to ask about the rest of this line ... so we'll hopefully get an answer about it.

If the line is over at least. I'm perfectly okay with Shredder and the four Turtles (which is all I currently have) being my centerpiece and getting the rest of the figures in a smaller scale. Gotta find the room, but I'll make due.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:17 AM   #704
AquaParade
Banned

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see a large scale Splinter down the line. Isn't the small one just now becoming available? They always seem to say whatever they have to in order to promote their current product. They probably just don't want anyone "holding out" for a large figure instead of purchasing the small one.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #705
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Eh, the smaller version has been available for awhile. I sold at least a handful myself.

Problem is, most of the people who collected these in 1:4 sold them for whatever they could get after a smaller alternative became available. We haven't had a 1:4 figure in nearly eight months now. I honestly think they're done unless they decide to do Tokka and Rahzar which would likely sell in that scale still.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:36 AM   #706
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Eh, the smaller version has been available for awhile. I sold at least a handful myself.
Eh, not to the general market. Gamestop is just getting shipments in this next month, so it would stand to reason that Neca would continue their trend of not hinting at future products while promoting the recent one.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:42 AM   #707
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Any character made in 1:4 scale is pretty much a guarantee for 1:12 scale. The Shredder and Foot were a hint in and of themselves of future product. Their production management is so poor that they leaked the Trenchcoat Raph head a year in advance. If they were doing Splinter we would more likely know by now.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:49 AM   #708
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Any character made in 1:4 scale is pretty much a guarantee for 1:12 scale. The Shredder and Foot were a hint in and of themselves of future product. Their production management is so poor that they leaked the Trenchcoat Raph head a year in advance. If they were doing Splinter we would more likely know by now.
They do typically do the larger molds first, huh? That is pretty good reasoning.
It still could be that they are just overwhelmed with how much product they are releasing and are leaving it on the backburner for a bit.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #709
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
They do typically do the larger molds first, huh? That is pretty good reasoning.
It still could be that they are just overwhelmed with how much product they are releasing and are leaving it on the backburner for a bit.
Well for the Turtles at least, it's been the opposite sometimes with the 2017 version of Pennywise and 2018 version of Michael Meyers being recent examples.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #710
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Old 01-26-2020, 04:40 PM   #711
Leo656
The Franchise

Very spiffy.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:08 PM   #712
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Not one to sit around and speculate, but I may be on to something... With everything we know from Randy at NECA I think I might be close to guessing what's happening this year for the 30th anniversary. We know they have 12 figures to debut at toy fair, we know SOTO is included in that, Randy said trench coat Raph would make sense to be packed with Casey Jones, we know that no more Gamestop releases are scheduled, and Randy confirmed Tokka and Rahzor. My guess:
Two packs for the 1990 30th Ann with new head sculpts for the turtles. Each turtle with a human, maybe Tatsu, Casey, April, and a battle damage shredder or foot or splinter. That way they can sell at Target if they're two packs. That's 8, the other 4 could be SOTO Shred, Super Shred, and Tokka and Rahzor. Then maybe for sdcc a SOTO 4 pack of the turtles maybe. Curious to see how close I get.

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:26 AM   #713
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaysghosts View Post
Not one to sit around and speculate, but I may be on to something... With everything we know from Randy at NECA I think I might be close to guessing what's happening this year for the 30th anniversary. We know they have 12 figures to debut at toy fair, we know SOTO is included in that, Randy said trench coat Raph would make sense to be packed with Casey Jones, we know that no more Gamestop releases are scheduled, and Randy confirmed Tokka and Rahzor. My guess:
Two packs for the 1990 30th Ann with new head sculpts for the turtles. Each turtle with a human, maybe Tatsu, Casey, April, and a battle damage shredder or foot or splinter. That way they can sell at Target if they're two packs. That's 8, the other 4 could be SOTO Shred, Super Shred, and Tokka and Rahzor. Then maybe for sdcc a SOTO 4 pack of the turtles maybe. Curious to see how close I get.
Sounds good,but I hate that these would even be associated with Target at all. They do a lousy job of stocking and keeping NECA in stock. I wish they would just make them available on BBTS to pre-order and be done with it. Otherwise, most of us will just be paying a scalper for these anyways.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #714
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Sounds good,but I hate that these would even be associated with Target at all. They do a lousy job of stocking and keeping NECA in stock. I wish they would just make them available on BBTS to pre-order and be done with it. Otherwise, most of us will just be paying a scalper for these anyways.
Blame NECA, not Target. They seem to have made one batch of Wave 2 and that's it. They were stocked heavily, made a blip online, and that was the end of Wave 2. They are apparently going to do a wave 2.5 with a Bebop and Rocksteady restock but I'm not holding my breath. We were told this wave would be widely available and have a heavy presence online but it was just Randy lying again.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 10:58 AM   #715
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Blame NECA, not Target. They seem to have made one batch of Wave 2 and that's it. They were stocked heavily, made a blip online, and that was the end of Wave 2. They are apparently going to do a wave 2.5 with a Bebop and Rocksteady restock but I'm not holding my breath. We were told this wave would be widely available and have a heavy presence online but it was just Randy lying again.
of course I blame NECA...I still don't want them in Target and even that is not even confirmed at all. Its speculation anyway. For all we know, we will be getting another SDCC 1990 set with Casey,April,Tatsu,and TC Raf or a Secret of the Oooze set. Two-packs sound better,but I'd like to actually buy them without having to pay double
Old 01-31-2020, 05:59 PM   #716
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
of course I blame NECA...I still don't want them in Target and even that is not even confirmed at all. Its speculation anyway. For all we know, we will be getting another SDCC 1990 set with Casey,April,Tatsu,and TC Raf or a Secret of the Oooze set. Two-packs sound better,but I'd like to actually buy them without having to pay double
NECA Target is the stuff of nightmares. Where was it confirmed that they wouldn’t do GameStop releases in the future? I happily pre ordered like 10 figures this wave... nothing at all like the usual experience at Target.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:57 PM   #717
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Just because YOU didn't see it where YOU were doesn't mean it was not out there more.

I can attest in my area I ran into this wave FAR more and far easier than the 1st wave at every single target in my area.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:59 PM   #718
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I 100% think the next SDCC set will be casey, April, Tatsu and someone else. Seems like an obvious choice? I Raph in the trenchcoast is a good call since it is an easy 'repaint'.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 08:18 PM   #719
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Just because YOU didn't see it where YOU were doesn't mean it was not out there more.

I can attest in my area I ran into this wave FAR more and far easier than the 1st wave at every single target in my area.
Sounds like distribution problems or some target stores just didn't get them. Must be nice finding them huh?
Old 01-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #720
slaysghosts
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Where was it confirmed that they wouldn’t do GameStop releases in the future?
Link in my signature

Do yourself a favor: Bookmark this page ---> Click Here

Also, a lot of people have obnoxiously large signatures and you'll get use to it.
slaysghosts is offline   Reply With Quote