Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #461
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
School budgets in Jersey work like this:

Are you the football team? Here's a blank check.

Are you just about anything else? I think there's some change in between the cushions of the couch in the teacher's lounge.
Nailed it.

Although my school paid for me to spend part of one year getting bussed to a special art school a couple times a week, so that was pretty awesome. Some kind of deal for kids who were artistically talented but had no money, if you were recommended then you got to be part of this program. Only like two students from my school got to do it, I went for visual arts (drawing and painting) and this girl went for music, I think. I wish I could remember the name of the school, it was really cool, it was a big place where they did everything, from dance to drama and all that stuff. Really awesome.

I sincerely regret not doing more with my thimble full of talent given that they went out on a limb for me and enabled me to go there, and I did learn a lot. I'unno, my interests just shift a lot. Art was never gonna be my whole life, just a hobby. I'm grateful I got to go but sometimes I felt like they wasted it on me and not someone who actually would have done more with it, made it a career, I'unno.

I was raised Catholic, we're guilty as a natural state of being.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 10:47 AM   #462
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I dunno, acting is an art and wrestling itself usually includes some amount of a created character persona and showmanship, etc for many wrestlers, right?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:14 AM   #463
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, but that all came naturally and it's not what the school paid me to go and learn. And charisma can't be taught, anyhow. Nurtured, sure, but people are who they are. That's why some guys who can wrestle incredibly never go anywhere: All the physical tools, personality of a block of wood. There's seminars, but... everyone admits that there's a certain intangible quality that some human beings are just born with. Thankfully, for whatever else I'm lacking, even those who hate me will admit that I reek of charisma. That covers up whatever I don't have.

But yeah, that's all well and fine but the school paid for me to go get better at drawing and painting. And I did! But I never made that my field, nor was I ever going to. So on a tiny level I feel like I "stole" a spot from someone who maybe could have been a fashion designer or something, "if only".

That's not a very healthy way to think, though, I know that. Odds are good that like, maybe one out of ten kids who went there made their study into a career. And I held onto what I learned so it's not like it was a waste, I still apply it. Just one of those nagging little things is all. I was chosen to be part of this selective thing for people who were "really good" at art, and meanwhile I was merely average to begin with and also never really did much with it afterwards.

Then I try and remind myself that no experience is waste if you learn something. It's not like it always bothers me, I just often feel like as fortunate as I was, someone else probably deserved it more. But then, that could also apply to just about everything, so I try not to dwell on it.

These kids nowadays with their art tablets and stuff, though. Whoof. I couldn't do that. Pretty amazing what people can do nowadays.

Old 10-14-2020, 08:08 AM   #464
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
For most we don't see it even hitting them, but there is one shot of Raph taking bullets in both the thinner (and should be more vulnerable?) plastron AND his flesh I think, with, if I recall, a slow motion view of them coming back out of him. Pretty disturbing stuff right there.

edit: Here, I went looking for a gif, I'm not going to re-suffer this nightmare alone. (Okay I guess it wasn't slow motion, maybe a trailer was.)

https://64.media.tumblr.com/d6646258...sem0o4_500.gif

Also found images. Raph is... made of tire rubber?

Whose idea was that, because it's just all kinds of creepy wrongness. And looks like two or three in his arms. Pardon me while I throw up.
What I find funny about this, is that they didn't know that they were bulletproof. Weren't they hovered together while their shells were being shot at? Raph stood up and faced the bullets assuming they were bulletproof. What if he would've been wrong? I think Phelous pointed that out at some point. "Oh no, shell shock!" lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:47 AM   #465
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m so confused. There’s a CGI movie coming and also a Rise of TMNT movie?

https://twitter.com/1023dve/status/1...952636418?s=21
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:02 AM   #466
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I’m so confused. There’s a CGI movie coming and also a Rise of TMNT movie?

https://twitter.com/1023dve/status/1...952636418?s=21
Yes, Rise is Netflix (there is a thread for that too but not many details), GCI movie is a separate thing planned for theatres. I guess instead of a 3rd PD movie, not officially been confirmed as that but pretty much looks that way.

I wonder how long it will be until there is news to put in this thread.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:27 AM   #467
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Cheers! That’s cool we’re getting more movies.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #468
AquaParade
Banned

The Rise...movie seems like such a waste of resources. The show failed, relatively speaking, and there is a lot of potential for a Netflix TMNT movie that this could stifle.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:22 PM   #469
Leo656
The Franchise

I feel like more than anything, it's that they promised it so they feel like they have to deliver it.

Old 10-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #470
newfan
Mad Scientist

I think the announcement was a joint one, Rise and the Loud House would get a movie but then we heard nothing after that, until recent posts regarding Rise, but not a lot of info like how much progress had been made (less I got that wrong) More interested to get some idea of what they want to go for with this one.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:43 PM   #471
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I feel like more than anything, it's that they promised it so they feel like they have to deliver it.
Contractually obligated, yeah.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:49 PM   #472
Leo656
The Franchise

Partly that, partly saving face.

Contracts are traditionally printed on toilet paper, they can be broken any number of ways. But they talked a huge game about Rise and made a ton of Big Promises about it. And while Rise didn't catch on with very many people, those people had their hearts set on getting the movie that was promised, and are still counting on some level of - snerk - "story closure".

You can bet that once it's out, the book on Rise will be closed and they'll treat it like the BayTurtles movies, which are only 4 and 6 years old BUT Viacom pretends never happened at all. It'll be the same exact thing.

Old 10-18-2020, 09:25 PM   #473
AquaParade
Banned

Very curious to see what is next, given it will have to be more faithful if they plan on making money.

If they really are working on a live-action series, things will really get interesting.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:33 PM   #474
Musashi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Very curious to see what is next, given it will have to be more faithful if they plan on making money...
I really wish we could assume that's among the lessons learned, but will believe it when I see it. It's unfortunately just as likely they will double (triple? quadruple?) down on the No, it's for today's little kids even though they just shrug and walk away. Make it sillier. No, sillier than that. Sillier. Throw in some fart jokes.
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:41 AM   #475
Slash-Dash
Foot Soldier

do we have any idea about the release date? I'm so curious to see the turtle designs...
Slash-Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:27 AM   #476
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
do we have any idea about the release date? I'm so curious to see the turtle designs...
Depends on when they started developing it. Most animated projects typically take 4-5 years to complete a project.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #477
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash-Dash View Post
Well no voice cast have been announced yet and with the Corona virus delaying movies, it probably won't be released until 2025/2026.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:12 PM   #478
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

O.o Yeah, probably not nearly that long. Animation has the benefit of allowing a lot of it to be collaborated on long distance. (We can probably dub this the Covid work from home TMNT movie. lol) I assume recording the voice cast for it could probably wait for a bit if need be, and though I assume that probably still really needs a professional studio, they could easily limit the amount of people there at one time and keep it sanitized.

Population and animation... the two possible 'booms' thanks to lock downs. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #479
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Is there any news yet? Been gone for months... are we getting tv series ala Mirage/IDW again? or is that officially dead?

Is Rogen still producing a "teenage" TMNT film? has this prospect improved at all for adult fans or are we forever cursed to keep eating the kid's stuff?
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #480
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
are we getting tv series ala Mirage/IDW again? or is that officially dead?
I don't think anything like that was ever alive to begin with to be made dead.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote