TMNT: Jennika II #3 Preview and Discussion

First look:

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:40 AM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

it's the c.h.u.d.s, isn't it?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:31 AM   #3
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Pooh Bear got buff
Old 01-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #4
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Pooh Bear got buff
i'm also reminded of tekken's kuma and this commercial.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 01-15-2021, 01:53 AM   #5
Mayhem
Foot Elite

God I haven't seen that in years
Old 01-17-2021, 09:05 PM   #6
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i'm also reminded of tekken's kuma and this commercial.
Or

AlZarkovski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:39 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Should the bear not look more.... humanoid? He literally looks like a talking bear. I get he's an animal mutated and not a human mutated into a bear but like... the Turtles don't literally look like talking turtles standing upright, nor do Bebop, Rocksteady and anybody else.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:22 PM   #8
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

I'm having trouble getting into this miniseries because of the art...
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:01 PM   #9
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

just realized who the rat reminded me of.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 01-19-2021, 03:21 PM   #10
sweatyhong
Mouser

Venus or Jennika? I'm not really a fan of either, but appreciate the creativity of Jennika's origin. I hope she reverts back to normal so there can be the original 4 again.
sweatyhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 04:30 PM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Keep bear commercials coming!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #12
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The issue comes out tomorrow. Looking forward to happens.
Old 01-20-2021, 11:32 AM   #13
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Spoiler:
It was Null all along! I’m unreasonably excited to see them actually be used!

And pretty much in how I would expect them to be. Neat. Also love that we brought back the implication of Null’s beyond earth scope.

Kindof a bittersweet ending. Mutant Town has allies and is coming together, Ivan’s even turned over a new leaf, something I didn’t expect, but Null’s propaganda is definitely having an effect. I’m actually sort of like the social media deluge at the end. Even if I roll my eyes at a few bits.

This though?

That’s pretty funny.

If I had one complaint, I feel like if I was Madam Null I could have made my argument to Jennika in a little less “Ha! I’m evil!” Way. You know:

“People are in chaos and unfulfilled Jennika, like you were. You found purpose in the Foot, and now in your new body. We give people a place to belong, a world where everyone is designed to do what they need to do for our corporate good. Instead Hob unleashed chaos. How much suffering is going on every day? Now, with the concern about monsters, and seeing how dangerous unbound mutants can be, *flicks monitors on* people will be compelled to action. Mutant Rights? Freedom? Freedom to spoil in a fake freedom like everyone else? I don’t think so.”

Sorry for the random fanfiction. Anyway, this was a fun series, well done!

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 01-20-2021 at 12:25 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #14
ChosenOne
Banned

Wow, this was really, really good! Like probably the best issue of the series in general since #100, and it's not even close! I kept hoping it would go on forever, the action was top notch and that final confrontation... Damn. It's on now! Feels like a logical endgame for the comic. This is exactly what I expected to get when Hob set off that bomb. This is what Mutant Town should be like all the way through. Sad that this mini is only three issues long, I wanted MOOOAAAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Spoiler:
If I had one complaint, I feel like if I was Madam Null I could have made my argument to Jennika in a little less “Ha! I’m evil!” Way. You know:

“People are in chaos and unfulfilled Jennika, like you were. You found purpose in the Foot, and now in your new body. We give people a place to belong, a world where everyone is designed to do what they need to do for our corporate good. Instead Hob unleashed chaos. How much suffering is going on every day? Now, with the concern about monsters, and seeing how dangerous unbound mutants can be, *flicks monitors on* people will be compelled to action. Mutant Rights? Freedom? Freedom to spoil in a fake freedom like everyone else? I don’t think so.”

Sorry for the random fanfiction. Anyway, this was a funny series, well done!
Spoiler:
I think the reason Null didn't do that is because Jennika is no longer the sort of asset she would be interested in, considering the mix-and-match mutants she mentioned at the start of their little pow-wow. She just doesn't care about not appearing to be evil, and in fact even delights in it.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:11 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Right, so there is a "the end" on the last page, but there is going to be another three issues so I don't know what's going on. Are there two story arcs in this mini or does it just mark the halfway point of one story?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:23 PM   #16
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Wow, this was really, really good! Like probably the best issue of the series in general since #100, and it's not even close! I kept hoping it would go on forever, the action was top notch and that final confrontation... Damn. It's on now! Feels like a logical endgame for the comic. This is exactly what I expected to get when Hob set off that bomb. This is what Mutant Town should be like all the way through. Sad that this mini is only three issues long, I wanted MOOOAAAR!

Spoiler:
I think the reason Null didn't do that is because Jennika is no longer the sort of asset she would be interested in, considering the mix-and-match mutants she mentioned at the start of their little pow-wow. She just doesn't care about not appearing to be evil, and in fact even delights in it.
Spoiler:
This is probably true. I was just thinking that a villain taking something evil and word weaseling it into something good sounding is a very 'devilish' trope.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:32 PM   #17
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Spoiler:
This is probably true. I was just thinking that a villain taking something evil and word weaseling it into something good sounding is a very 'devilish' trope.
Spoiler:
Also true. Though I guess in this particular instance Null had already maxxed out her devilish traits score on the little stunt with the hologram.

Speaking of devilish, I wonder if this version of the character also grows more demonic as she does evil deeds? And how the hell (ha!) does she travel between dimensions anyway? So many questions... Please get Null into the ongoing, stat!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:33 PM   #18
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i enjoyed it, shame jenny didn't have a way to record null's little speech and post that on the net. i think stock would suddenly start going into a nose dive.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 01-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #19
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Really good issue and
Spoiler:
Null
finally returns.

Quite a lot of fun easter eggs on the last page too.
Old 01-22-2021, 04:30 PM   #20
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I heard you know who was in this issue, so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

This seems a lot more interesting now that Jennika is encountering
Spoiler:
Null and Zodi.
One of the things I haven't liked about Jennika is she almost always is still on her own, or doing solo things, and hasn't had a ton of time actively WITH the Turtles.

This is a step in the right direction for integrating the new character with aspects of the wider TMNT story that isn't just "Hey a whole bunch of new mutants in Mutant Town!"