The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-23-2022, 04:27 PM   #5941
IMJ
Emperor

On that note has anyone paid attention to that diorama on the aftermarket now about a year after it shipped?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:38 AM   #5942
kiyoshioni
Random Punk

Just an update to my incorrect shoulder on my Donatello from the TID pack.

I messaged Neca's support email and within a week they emailed me back saying they would send out a replacement but didn't give me a time frame. I left it at that as I wasn't super concerned about it so I didn't bother them again about it.

Well over the weekend I got a package from them with the correct shoulder (and arm) from them. No notice or tracking.

But I was genuinely appreciative. It took over a month I think, but they got it to me.
kiyoshioni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:41 AM   #5943
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyoshioni View Post

I messaged Neca's support email and within a week they emailed me back saying they would send out a replacement but didn't give me a time frame. I left it at that as I wasn't super concerned about it so I didn't bother them again about it.

Well over the weekend I got a package from them with the correct shoulder (and arm) from them. No notice or tracking.

But I was genuinely appreciative. It took over a month I think, but they got it to me.
Lucky you. I've been emailing NECA's customer support for months now asking why I still haven't received my Movie Accessory Pack. Still no answer. It is infuriating how difficult it is to get a proper response from these people.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:39 PM   #5944
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyoshioni View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
Lucky you. I've been emailing NECA's customer support for months now asking why I still haven't received my Movie Accessory Pack. Still no answer. It is infuriating how difficult it is to get a proper response from these people.
Ditto here, for multiple issues with their recent shipments from their own store. No response whatsoever. Zero accountability.
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:18 AM   #5945
Filespit
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullox View Post
Ditto here, for multiple issues with their recent shipments from their own store. No response whatsoever. Zero accountability.
Well, speak of the devil. Today I received notification that my shipment has arrived in Sweden. There was a picture provided of the package and the label says it's from NECA so my Accessory Pack is finally here.
Filespit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:20 AM   #5946
Skullox
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filespit View Post
Well, speak of the devil. Today I received notification that my shipment has arrived in Sweden. There was a picture provided of the package and the label says it's from NECA so my Accessory Pack is finally here.
Lol I sent another note last night and got a reply however, they basically just skates over the issues. Some really odd plastic funkiness with my Antrax hips, like the plastic didn't mix properly and also the joints are loose as hell. They said that the plastic is a film that can be peeled off and for the hips to use floor polish. Lol. Okay guys. I'm no stranger to doing some of the doctoring up on my figures but for the premium that we pay on some of these things it would expect a little bit more from them. Of course I kind of know how they are so I guess I shouldn't?
Skullox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:30 AM   #5947
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullox View Post
Lol I sent another note last night and got a reply however, they basically just skates over the issues. Some really odd plastic funkiness with my Antrax hips, like the plastic didn't mix properly and also the joints are loose as hell. They said that the plastic is a film that can be peeled off and for the hips to use floor polish. Lol. Okay guys. I'm no stranger to doing some of the doctoring up on my figures but for the premium that we pay on some of these things it would expect a little bit more from them. Of course I kind of know how they are so I guess I shouldn't?
Had a similar issue with Super7's Rocksteady where they told me to fix it myself. It's on me for continuing to support them, but I'm with you - for these prices, the QC should be near-perfect.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:19 AM   #5948
PrestonC
Random Punk

Has anyone seen any updates about when Tokka and Rahzar are supposed to hit shelves? Sorry if this has been asked recently.
PrestonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:58 PM   #5949
Mintyfresh
Foot Soldier

Has anyone spotted the neca fugitoid in target lately?
Mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 10:40 AM   #5950
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonC View Post
Has anyone seen any updates about when Tokka and Rahzar are supposed to hit shelves? Sorry if this has been asked recently.
Not yet. As of right now, Tokka and Rahzar were only limited release to the Costumes.com website.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:29 PM   #5951
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Not yet. As of right now, Tokka and Rahzar were only limited release to the Costumes.com website.
I really hope they replenish the supply for toon Tokka and Rahzar. There's not too many of them going around in the wild. Currently, aside from some of the color and video game variants (and a few quarter scale figures), I'm more or less all caught up with the modern NECA line....I just need toon T&R!
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:31 AM   #5952
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I really hope they replenish the supply for toon Tokka and Rahzar. There's not too many of them going around in the wild. Currently, aside from some of the color and video game variants (and a few quarter scale figures), I'm more or less all caught up with the modern NECA line....I just need toon T&R!
They haven't even released yet technically. They'll drop, get snatched up initially because people are thinking it's finally another flippable set, and then they'll shelfwarm like crazy like all of the other recent releases.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:26 AM   #5953
mikey0
Foot Elite

No box shots or OOTP pics yet, but Usagi and the Mousers have hit China.

Usagi: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/325680...Adapt=Pc2Msite

Mousers: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...Adapt=Pc2Msite
Old 05-18-2022, 10:03 AM   #5954
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
No box shots or OOTP pics yet, but Usagi and the Mousers have hit China.

Usagi: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/325680...Adapt=Pc2Msite

Mousers: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/100500...Adapt=Pc2Msite
Thanks for the info. Missed out on Usagi, and these mousers at what seems a good price? Can't remember what they were on the NECA store.

I've bought some knock off NECA before, and I think as long as you get in there early you get good quality. The longer (years) you leave it, the quality gets more and more "Chinese".

Some on this site would even argue that the KO's are as good as the real deal - in the fact that they are from the same factory using the same materials etc!

Anyway I will be dipping into these!

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 12:03 PM   #5955
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Think those are actually cheaper than NECA was selling them for, no? Usagi is at least.

I've got my preorder in though so I'll be patient.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 02:58 PM   #5956
Juicexct
Foot Soldier

Here we go again with people thinking these are KO’s
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:46 AM   #5957
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicexct View Post
Here we go again with people thinking these are KO’s
To these morons anything from a Chinese site is a "KO" or "bootleg". More than a hint of casual racism about it
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 03:13 AM   #5958
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Just ordered a set of the AliExpress..."Knock Off"...Mousers and Usagi. Due in a couple of weeks. Will be interesting to have in hand. What was the ETA for these from the NECA site?

My view of knock off - if it hasn't been directly paid for by NECA and shipped to either NECA or their approved distributors then it hasn't been approved and is being sold out the back door.

Yes, these will be from the same factory, by the same Asian team, using the same materials etc (well sort of...note below), but, just the way I personally view it, is that "knock off" just means that NECA hasn't officially approved these to be sold. NECA isn't seeing any of the profit.

And using the old Mirage TMNT as an example. The quality of those figures (the KO ones) gets worse each year. I deal with Chinese companies on a daily basis and if they can get away with using a cheaper option of something (i.e. packaging or paint) then they will. Chinese philosophy if it looks like a NECA box then it is a NECA box, even though the "KO" one is made from thinner cardboard with a ropey print on it. I know because I got a set of the SDCC 4-piece TiT set from Ali Express and the box quality and print was poor and the paint application on the Turtles was thick and messy. Sure they are 100% made from the original moulds and probably the original factory. But the QC isn't the same.

Any how, I'm not fussy, I've bought these ones. I'm expecting them to be fine as I know they are probably produced during the same run as the first NECA order, so the quality of everything should be the same...as time goes on the quality will decline, I guarantee it...

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:33 AM   #5959
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Just ordered a set of the AliExpress..."Knock Off"...Mousers and Usagi. Due in a couple of weeks. Will be interesting to have in hand. What was the ETA for these from the NECA site?
The Mousers - July, August, or September of this year

Usagi Yojimbo - October, November, or December of this year
Old 05-19-2022, 08:20 AM   #5960
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

My view of knock off - if it hasn't been directly paid for by NECA and shipped to either NECA or their approved distributors then it hasn't been approved and is being sold out the back door.

Yes, these will be from the same factory, by the same Asian team, using the same materials etc (well sort of...note below), but, just the way I personally view it, is that "knock off" just means that NECA hasn't officially approved these to be sold. NECA isn't seeing any of the profit.

They ARE approved. Vendors get them and sell them like all other vendors. The same pieces they are selling are the same NECA sells to us and in stores, made in CHINA. Apparently, Neca must have The Usagi's and mouser's production done and they will be coming to us in the next few months.

KO's are people taking official releases and then recasting/copying them. Usually that doesn't happen until a figure has been released a ways out.
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote