The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #61
Storm Wolf
The Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Working in a grocery store is nothing but little annoyances. Also...huge annoyances.
True, but at least you don't have to wipe the persons a$$ after the annoyances occur. Count your blessings. haha!

I always try to be nice to cashiers and waitresses.I realize that it isn't always a job of CHOICE so much as a job to pay the bills. My mother was a waitress for YEARS and I always had to sit and watch people be utter douche bags to her for no reason.

Speaking of.... I find it kinda irritating when the waiter/ waitress or manager hovers over you at an eatery. I realize it's their job to check up on me but a few seem liked they'd like to sit and have a meal with me. Also it seems like they wait for me to take a mouth full then pop in to ask "How is everything?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Voting: pick which lies you think sounds best.

Last edited by Storm Wolf; 04-11-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Storm Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #62
Lampy
Stone Warrior

I used to work at a local KB Toys store here. And I hate it when the old folks would peel off the new price tag stickers that reveal a smaller price. And then they'd complain to the cashiers over the price: "Why is the price so F'n high?! The box says it's $xx.xx!!!" Everyday would be like that... from different people (all old though). So yeah Jester... any customer service job can be a living hell for 8 hours.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #63
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Indeed, any customer service job is a little hell. I try to be extra nice to cashiers when I go to a store, because I've been there.
same here. In that same vein I get annoyed when I am at a store with a friend and the friend starts acting rude with workers. I can't have that since I've been there. And some people don't get it unless they have worked a customer service job. It is a discipline in self control. Some customers really get a power trip out of being condesending to retail workers. I was disgusted when a woman went though a fellow coworkers line, handed her an empty bottle of water and asked her to throw it away for her when there was a waste basket right next to the register in easy reach. The cashier pointed this out to the woman and she asked in the bitchiest tone "why can't you just do it?" So the cashier actually threw out a water bottle this customer could have easily thrown out herself.

Another thing that gets to me is when the store has certain policies and rules that will get you in trouble if you don't follow them but when you try to enforce them with a customer the manger gives in to make them happy because they made a stink about it and suddenly you look like the asshole for following a rule/policy you were told to follow. Even worse when the customer, after fighting with them gets all smug and and starts talking about you right infront your face. Like you were just saying no to what they wanted because you wanted to **** with them.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #64
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
I used to work at a local KB Toys store here. And I hate it when the old folks would peel off the new price tag stickers that reveal a smaller price. And then they'd complain to the cashiers over the price: "Why is the price so F'n high?! The box says it's $xx.xx!!!" Everyday would be like that... from different people (all old though). So yeah Jester... any customer service job can be a living hell for 8 hours.
Wait...why were they marking up the toys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Another thing that gets to me is when the store has certain policies and rules that will get you in trouble if you don't follow them but when you try to enforce them with a customer the manger gives in to make them happy because they made a stink about it and suddenly you look like the asshole for following a rule/policy you were told to follow. Even worse when the customer, after fighting with them gets all smug and and starts talking about you right infront your face. Like you were just saying no to what they wanted because you wanted to **** with them.
Gah, I hated that! Then there were times I got to be the in between. The customer would want a cashier to do something, I'd come and back the cashier up, then the store manager would torpedo both of us. So fun....wait...it's the exact opposite of fun.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #65
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!

Quote:
Indeed, any customer service job is a little hell. I try to be extra nice to cashiers when I go to a store, because I've been there.
agreed- i also try to be nice to the helpful people on the other end of the phone- as someone who worked IRS customer service- i can assure that it isnt that we dont want to help you... sometimes there are truly things the operator cannot do.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #66
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Wolf View Post
True, but at least you don't have to wipe the persons a$$ after the annoyances occur. Count your blessings. haha!
I don't need to count them, because I haven't worked in a grocery store for quite a few years. I got my fill of that industry.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #67
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
I don't need to count them, because I haven't worked in a grocery store for quite a few years. I got my fill of that industry.
Ohhhh yeah. With the money issues I've debated taking a second job as my primary job is 3 days a week 12 a day and I have 4 days to play with, but I'd never EVER return to that store. I'd rather struggle a little.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #68
Storm Wolf
The Thread Killer

Quote:
Ohhhh yeah. With the money issues I've debated taking a second job as my primary job is 3 days a week 12 a day and I have 4 days to play with, but I'd never EVER return to that store. I'd rather struggle a little.
Pansies!! You're all a bunch of goddam pansies!

Seriously tho....don't do it. As someone who works 120hrs bi-weekly I will tell you its not worth it if you can squeak by with normal work hours. It makes life utterly un-enjoyable. As soon as I get some bills paid off I'm hoping to go back to normal hours in my "extreme customer service" job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Voting: pick which lies you think sounds best.
Storm Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM   #69
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, people can be jerks sometimes. That's why I prefer not to work in any customer service capacity at all. I'd rather work at home. Sure, I'll still be dealing with people online, but at least I can set my own hours, and if I get upset, I can take a short break to cool off.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #70
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

"Stupid Things Done for Love" Thread... It's really depressing over there.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #71
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphDonZixx View Post
Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games...

Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #72
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphDonZixx View Post
Have you ever been on the internet before? That thread is child's play.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #73
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

customers that complaints when they are late for buying alcoholic beverages, learn the damn times and don't b*tch to me about it, it's the law.

and people that want an extra cash register opened when they are second in the payment queue, it's not like my co-worker or me is working our ass off to finish other duties.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #74
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Quote:
Have you ever been on the internet before? That thread is child's play.
No I just come here to read everything until my eyes bleed. I'm not much of a go-everywhere-on-the-interenet kind of person, but I guess I could see how that would be child's play. FML
Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #75
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

stereotypes. I don't care if some people say they are harmless or that most of them are true. People who say that have probably never really been victim of the more negative ones.

People who don't hold the door open for you when you are like right behind them going through doors.

people who wear strong or bad smelling perfume or body spray.

when I go a resturant or sit on a public bus and there are kids sitting behind me being loud and annoying or kicking/bumping the my seat.

also I can relate to the whole retail slave hell most of you have mentioned. I've been there. Working for the public will make you hate humanity after a while.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #76
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
People who don't hold the door open for you when you are like right behind them going through doors.
This is one of the wooooorst things ever. Especially if you're carrying a lot of things, or something heavy and you know that son of a b*tch saw you, but they just scoot through the door as quick as possible and run off. Is it seriously that strenuous?

On a similar note, I live on the 6th floor of my building and there are 3 or 4 people on my floor who seemingly run to the elevator and slam the buttons as quick as possible in hopes that they get to go down by themselves. I generally take the stairs, but it still drives me crazy when people do this. Is it really so f*cking awful to hold the door for 10 seconds for somebody? When I do take the elevator, I usually listen before I let the door close. If I hear a door open or close at either end of the hallway I always hold it for the person.

Common courtesy is dead.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #77
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

People who perpetuate stereotypes bug me. Seriously why is it always a redneck interviewed on the news after a tornado?
"Me and Jim Bob, we heared the sirens and so we went out to see what was goin' on..."

Quote:
Common courtesy is dead.
Nah, it's just in a hospital bed on a respirator.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #78
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
people who wear strong or bad smelling perfume or body spray.
Ugh that stuff gets strong enough to a point were it feels like my nose is burning.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #79
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
People who perpetuate stereotypes bug me. Seriously why is it always a redneck interviewed on the news after a tornado?
"Me and Jim Bob, we heared the sirens and so we went out to see what was goin' on..."
Because those are the people that line up to get on "da TEE-VEE!"
Old 04-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #80
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

I'm probably going to be one of the morons who goes out into the tornados.