The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2017, 10:27 AM   #41
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Great, more repaints...what a joke this company is. What, only two new supporting characters revealed? Muckman doesn't even look that good to me and Usagi is cardboard? Haha Hell the cardboard version will have way more paint apps so maybe they should just release it as is.

Disappointed with SH Figuarts Shredder too. The turtles are the best toon accurate figures we've seen to date and well...although cool, this Shredder is not.

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #42
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

VERY disappointed about no Wingnut/Screwloose and the random repaints are just baffling, but the Monster Turtles are looking pretty sick. Those custom heads in particular are my favorite parts. After all of the reuse they've gotten out of those same Wave 1 heads, it's great to see something different for a change.

Also, it appears that Usagi's figure actually has a decent amount of articulation! Neat!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #43
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

Usagi looks kinda whack... And why is his figure not on display? He was shown at London Toy Fair, along with a few other figures like Samurai Mikey on the horse and Jei.

And what's up with those gold repaints? Oy.

Samurai Turtles look sick, though. And I'm glad to see more monster Turtles. Franken-Don looks tight!

On second thought, do you think that Usagi prototype is outdated, and the mock-up is how they plan to revise the figure? If that's the case, I'm a little happier.

And I wonder why they didn't have Kavaxas on display. The character has been revealed, Greg Cipes accidentally showed off the figure MONTHS ago during his clever "spin around the room" stunt. Curious that he isn't being shown off. Think they decided not to go forward?

Super disappointing that they once again decided to ignore all the cool side characters in the show. I kinda knew I'd never get Mona Lisa, Sal Commander, or Bishop, but ya can't blame me for dreaming!

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #44
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

HAHAHAHAHAHA wow what a joke of a company Playmates is. Only 2 new figures and a ton of repaints. I am so glad I stopped supporting them. **** this company
Old 02-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #45
Vicky82
Emperor

I'm intrigued in 3 of the toys because is it for season 5, Leo wearing trench coat, another Leo figure wearing another coat and Raph wearing a trench coat and is holding a machine gun ('Cough' BodyCount 'Cough')

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgU3n-B...y=superrobot74

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #46
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Not a fan of the repaints we see, they all look awkward, especially April. Gold Shredder is the better looking of the repaints.

I'm liking the trench coat Turtles and the Samurai Turtles looks really nice, but I don't think they'll look as impressive without that paint job, so that's a worry. The Universal Monsters looks spiffy.

B&R in FW outfits are okay looking I guess, bit they are just the same as the old ones with minimal extra bits to complete the look.

I really like Usagi, he does look a bit awkward, but all in all I think they did a decent job on making the hakama both articulated and visually looking like a hakama. Do not like his swords though.

Not TMNT but the Voltron pilots looks great. And I have no idea what Mysticons are, but they give off a vibe of remake of Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders, and seems to be a decent rival to DC Superhero Girls. I'm really interested in them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #47
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
Disappointed with SH Figuarts Shredder too. The turtles are the best toon accurate figures we've seen to date and well...although cool, this Shredder is not.
Right? I wonder why these companies have so much trouble with the non-Turtle characters. Playmates hit the retro-Turtles really well, but they went and Re-invented the wheel with Bebop and Rocksteady. The Shredder and Krang prototypes looked off model, too. Now we get another Shredder that is closer, but still not right.

Weird.

-JJ
Old 02-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #48
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

I just wanted more micro mutants sets at least
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #49
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

4pm ET on Facebook Live, Corey Graves is going to do a TMNT reveal. I assume it's only TMNT/WWE figures, and not more Basic Line stuff.

-JJ
Old 02-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

So playmates never made a lot of Season 4 characters.

No Bishop, Alopex, Wingnut/Screwloose, Scumbug, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #51
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

i won't be buying much since i'll be moving next month (god willing) but those teenage mutant ninja monster turtles are sooooo gonna be bought! if only they had glow in the dark claws and eyes though! nothing glow in the dark paint won't fix. i'm just abit warey that they won't be as nicely painted when released...

ugh. god. the nostalgia for the universal monster turtles is strong. i'm just very pleased with Franken-donnie! and mummy-leo! =w= *sigh* i've waited years for updates to my favorite variant line of tmnt.

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #52
Coro
Mad Scientist

Every year I think playmates can't get any worse and every year I get proven wrong...

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #53
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So playmates never made a lot of Season 4 characters.

No Bishop, Alopex, Wingnut/Screwloose, Scumbug, etc.
Don't forget recurring characters like Sal Commander, Mona Lisa, and Shinigami. I get why they might pass on Wyrm or Bellybomb, but there are plenty of awesome one offs like Zeno, Zanmoran, Hiidrala and her Mermen.

Or how 'bout a repaint of April with her black jump suit?

Lot of cool vehicles, too. The Salamandrian ship is rad and PERFECT for their scaled down vehicles that fit one character. They could also do the Triceraton ships, or the Triceraton jet packs.

And what a missed opportunity: Playmates wanted to make a giant turtle playset, but decided to make a giant Leo instead of Tokka. Weak.

-JJ
Old 02-18-2017, 12:36 PM   #54
Starscream
Foot Soldier

I was kinda hoping that there'd be different TMNT Loyal SUbject figures shown. Not really that disappointing when I see friggin' Mega Man LS figs with actual Robot Masters (woo!).

Maybe Mega Bloks (Construx) will be showing some new TMNT sets tomorrow that we haven't already seen.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #55
BYWInsaniac
Thug

Re:

Although I do amend an earlier comment. It looks like there are figures on display that ToyNewsI.com didn't catch, like the Samurai Turtles on horses:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQqf0KSDAda/

Pixel Dan has posted some really good photos of the figures on display.

Also, you get a pretty good look at Usagi on the packaging in the BG.

-JJ
Old 02-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #56
tipet
Hench Mutant

I personally love the sh figuarts Shredder figure, best Shredder ever without a dubt. Hope to see more from bandai and have a nice and large line with high quality.
tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #57
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior

Jeez, just when I said I was staying down with Playmates, smh. Seriously, only TWO new characters??
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #58
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Wave 2 of the WWE turtles

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/833058785006645262

Rock Raph
Mikey Roddy Piper
Donnie Warrior
Leo Finn Balor
Old 02-18-2017, 02:05 PM   #59
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Wave 2 of the WWE turtles

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/833058785006645262

Rock Raph
Mikey Roddy Piper
Donnie Warrior
Leo Finn Balor
Cool

If there is a Wave 3, i'm hoping for Triple H (Raph) and HBK (Mikey) or a DX version.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #60
Reigner
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Cool

If there is a Wave 3, i'm hoping for Triple H (Raph) and HBK (Mikey) or a DX version.
Careful, youre liking something. Last i checked that wasnt allowed in this forum. Especially something Playmates does. Youre suppose to be mad theyre doing these instead of a Shredder and Krang that you werent gonna buy anyway.
Reigner is offline   Reply With Quote